So me and a couple buddys are starting up a band. I wanted to play some harder metal similar to LoG or possibly In Flames, but they refuse. So i agreed to play some more modern type stuff like incubus or foo fighters, maybe even tool-esque( Yes i realize they are metal). Can you guys recommend some similar bands that i can dl some music to get inspired to write.
R.I.P Samantha

My Gear
Esp Ltd M-400
Randall Rg75W Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fender Stratocaster
Yamaha something Acoustic
Several other cheap guitars/basses/Amps
RHCP was rather influential to me. Beck also taught me to experiment alittle more, and since you like Mod Rock, you should like both.
EDIT: Oh, Metal-esque? Ignore me.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
tool isn't really metal

Breaking benjamin
chevelle
Muse
radiohead
rise against
seether
smashing pumpkins
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Slayer
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
methinks you are confused with your genres. wtf is metalish anyway? metalcore? or nu metal? or hard rock? or like some "less extreme" metal liek goth metal or power metal or prog metal?

EDIT: iron maiden. just don't **** it up, for the love of God
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
Alter Bridge
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
i never said metalish, im saying my friends wont play harder metal so im looking for so softer metal, hard rock, modern rock type stuff.
R.I.P Samantha

My Gear
Esp Ltd M-400
Randall Rg75W Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fender Stratocaster
Yamaha something Acoustic
Several other cheap guitars/basses/Amps
any of chris cornell's bands
breaking benjamin
three days grace
velvet revolver
stp
and various other alternative bands. i also quite like 90s alternative.
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
Quote by RageAgainst...
tool isn't really metal

Breaking benjamin
chevelle
Muse
radiohead
rise against
seether
smashing pumpkins

Aside from the Tool comment, this guy's got it.
Spiral Out
GN'R
Hanoi Rocks
Crashdïet (Only the first album, otherwise you're a c*nt)
VR
RATM
Stones
etc etc if you look for hardrock/softer metal.
Quote by HumanitysDeath
Aside from the Tool comment, this guy's got it.
i don't know i just never considered them metal...they're one of my favorite bands but compared to some stuff that's labeled as metal today it just seems more like prog/alternative rock
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
i personally dont think you should start a band where you guys want to play different types of music. it will only lead to trouble. my friends and i are making a heavy metal/punk band. not gay punk, good punk like dropkick murphys and sublime. its gonna be sick and it satisfies everyone's taste in music.
Quote by RageAgainst...
i don't know i just never considered them metal...they're one of my favorite bands but compared to some stuff that's labeled as metal today it just seems more like prog/alternative rock

I just think they have that metal edge. Though, I know if I were to say that in the Metal forum, my balls would be frozen in carbonite.

Some other suggestions:

10 Years
Stone Sour (some songs, more so off the new album)
Silversun Pickups
Queens of the Stoneage (I think that's been said, but still)
Circa Survive (maybe?)
Bush
Spiral Out