Ok. So today I was riding the bus home after school, and my bus driver starts shaking uncontrollably and passes out and the bus jerks to the right into a ditch. So we all call 911 yada yada yada. The ambulance arrives and we all fill out the reports while a tow truck pulls the bus out. It's probably gonna be on the news. Turns out he had diabetic shock, really low blood sugar level. It was pretty scary, we don't know if he's gonna be ok or not.

Any similar experiences of bus crashes?
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Nah, but i nearly crashed when doing 80mph on a dual carrage way during a driving lesson, for a second lost control and narrowly missed another car. My instructor looked miffed.
A kid I know once said when he lived in Tennessee his bus crashed into another bus and if everyone wasn't sitting in the back they would have probably been killed. Thats about as close as I've gotten.
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .
i was in grade two or something, my school bus driver dented someones car pretty bad.
it was just cause he was stupid though.
I was in the car with my dad and this bus pulled right out infront of us, we swerved and went straight through a fence of a house.
The bus company got sued lmao.
Quote by VivaLaJam
I was in the car with my dad and this bus pulled right out infront of us, we swerved and went straight through a fence of a house.
The bus company got sued lmao.

lol stupid cheese wagons
Quote by Moggan13
Nah, but i nearly crashed when doing 80mph on a dual carrage way during a driving lesson, for a second lost control and narrowly missed another car. My instructor looked miffed.

a) i'm not surprised he was miffed
b) 80mph on a dual carrage way is illegal
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
i was on a school trip a while back and we had three busses. bus numero uno stopped short when a truck pulled in front. the second one stopped even shorter and the third bus (i was on the third bus) crashed into the second one. the toilet overflowed and everyone was shooken up, but for the most part everyone was ok. a few people (including me) had to be wheeled off into the hospital for checkups.

not really interesting, but its funny cuz all i heard was "OH SH!T" BOOOM :P
I've been t-boned by a semi before on my way home from a vacation in california with my parents. And I got pictures. We were coming off a merge ramp onto the interstate and it was a construction zone and the semi didn't see us, cliped us, we spun and then he continued to t-bone us down the interstate for 60 yards or so.

i started hyperventilating.

and then the cop that came hit some debris on the side of the road and blew a tire!!
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
Quote by Moggan13

A similar thing happened to me.
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
I was on a bus, and it had stopped at a stop and a guy in a van crashes into the back everyone on the bus screams, we all get off and have a look, there was petrol leaking.

So i put on a fake voice and screamed !its leaking petrol its gonna blow run !"

We all proceeded to run away, was quite funny
Quote by powerchord9988
i was on a school trip a while back and we had three busses. bus numero uno stopped short when a truck pulled in front. the second one stopped even shorter and the third bus (i was on the third bus) crashed into the second one. the toilet overflowed and everyone was shooken up, but for the most part everyone was ok. a few people (including me) had to be wheeled off into the hospital for checkups.

not really interesting, but its funny cuz all i heard was "OH SH!T" BOOOM :P

They have toilets on school busses now? ****, what's next? A jacuzzi?
Quote by leftyrockr
They have toilets on school busses now? ****, what's next? A jacuzzi?

No, the nicer buses. They use them for longer distance school trips.
Last year, my bus stopped at a stop sign. I had my head against the metal framing of the window.

Suddenly, a bunch of kids start screaming in the back, and the entire bus jerks forward. I cut my head pretty bad on the window.

Apparently, the person who hit us from behind only got her license the day before, and pressed the gas instead of the brake.

There was no damage to the bus, but the car went from this: (excuse the crappy ASCII)

to this

Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Last edited by PlayMadness at Oct 1, 2007,
Quote by PlayMadness
Last year, my bus stopped at a stop sign. I had my head against the metal framing of the window.

Suddenly, a bunch of kids start screaming in the back, and the entire bus jerks forward. I cut my head pretty bad on the window.

Apparently, the person who hit us from behind only got her license the day before, and pressed the gas instead of the brake.

There was no damage to the bus, but the car went from this: (excuse the crappy ASCII)

to this

Jesus christ, i don't even have my license and I'm not that stupid
Quote by farcry
any day I can help a fellow UG'er with buttcrack issues is a good day to me. Which means today is excellent.

Quote by -February-Star-
That's wierd.

I woke up this morning and some bastard had wrapped his fucking swimming pool around my tree.
diabetic shock? you mean he was hypoglycaemic. diabetic shock is a made up phrase that pisses me off beyond all belief. it must've got seriously low for him to pass out, i'm amazed he could let it get that low when he knows he's meant to be driving a bus. i bet he doesn't have his job for much longer.

what country are you in? i'm diabetic, and i'm not supposed to drive HGVs, at least not without a medical review, including buses. i'm also not allowed to scuba dive alone, or fly a plane. go figure, lol.

i make a perfectly safe driver though; i actually test my blood sugar and make sure i have sugary snacks in my car. i also have good control and can tell if my blood sugar is going low - he obviously didn't. what an idiot.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by Sol9989
a) i'm not surprised he was miffed
b) 80mph on a dual carrage way is illegal

I was overtacking in the seconds lane, the asshole was doing 55!!
Quote by i(ncubus)play
Ok. So today I was riding the bus home after school, and my bus driver starts shaking uncontrollably and passes out and the bus jerks to the right into a ditch. So we all call 911 yada yada yada. The ambulance arrives and we all fill out the reports while a tow truck pulls the bus out. It's probably gonna be on the news. Turns out he had diabetic shock, really low blood sugar level. It was pretty scary, we don't know if he's gonna be ok or not.

You know you can treat hypoglycaemia with a Mars bar, right? Or, if you were a pervert, a Cola enema would work too.
Quote by MightyAl
You know you can treat hypoglycaemia with a Mars bar, right? Or, if you were a pervert, a Cola enema would work too.

Cola Enema you say? *walks off suspiciously*..........<_<.....>_>
so once we were on a bus, and it stoped at a red light, and a guy hit it from behing going a whole 20mph, i may be exagerating, it was intense..
Quote by Moggan13
Cola Enema you say? *walks off suspiciously*..........<_<.....>_>

Yea. Not really advisable as a first aid measure, but it would work. Could be messy later, and I really can't think of a situation where it would be your best option. Unless you enjoy sticking things up the bums of unconcious people.
Which probably describes most of the Pit.
Yeah, the crash was small though, just a collision doing 15mph. My head smacked off the window I was leaning on and cut my ear, though. I never lean on bus windows again.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by MightyAl
Yea. Not really advisable as a first aid measure, but it would work. Could be messy later, and I really can't think of a situation where it would be your best option. Unless you enjoy sticking things up the bums of unconcious people.
Which probably describes most of the Pit.

Obviously....Half the members of Ug ARE enemas...
Quote by esther_mouse
diabetic shock? you mean he was hypoglycaemic. diabetic shock is a made up phrase that pisses me off beyond all belief. it must've got seriously low for him to pass out, i'm amazed he could let it get that low when he knows he's meant to be driving a bus. i bet he doesn't have his job for much longer.

what country are you in? i'm diabetic, and i'm not supposed to drive HGVs, at least not without a medical review, including buses. i'm also not allowed to scuba dive alone, or fly a plane. go figure, lol.

i make a perfectly safe driver though; i actually test my blood sugar and make sure i have sugary snacks in my car. i also have good control and can tell if my blood sugar is going low - he obviously didn't. what an idiot.

Hey, show a little respect for the guy, he's in his late 60's and I feel terrible for him. I don't know if it was diabetic shock, I just heard one of the paramedics mention that as he was being carried away on a stretcher.
Quote by RHCPguitarist4
A kid I know once said when he lived in Tennessee his bus crashed into another bus and if everyone wasn't sitting in the back they would have probably been killed. Thats about as close as I've gotten.

The closest you have come is hearing a story from a friend?

I LOL in your general direction.
only thing i can think of was one time in elementary school my grade took a bus trip to new york city and a taxi cut the bus off. the bus had to hop up on the curb and it got a flat tire.
Quote by esther_mouse

Actually one of my friends dad went into diabetic shock this last weekend and apparently everything was fine and then he just divebombed or something, had no symptoms beforehand and what not.

Yeah I know how feel with the can't do anything alone if it involves big objects, fellow diabetic and all. Also people at that late of an age might not have a big of a grip on there sugar levels because of just being old and less responsive than someone younger. Old people are stubborn too so whatever.
My Rig:
Ibanez RVX 220DX
Vox Valvetronix 30watt
Quote by i(ncubus)play

I saw this seinfeld episode. You can't fool me
Quote by Twist of fate
I saw this seinfeld episode. You can't fool me

Quote by Woo!Yay!
I thought this would be about World of Warcraft.

Fail.

Yep, see ya later , geek!
There is poetry in despair.
when i was in first grade during the first week of school the bus driver stopped on the train tracks as the warning lights were coming on and they smacked the roof of the bus and all of us kids were scared that we were gonna get hit by the train. needless to say, i wasn't allowed to take the bus for a while.
Guitar:
Ibanez S-Series 7 String
Pedals/other:
Morley Power Wah Volume
Gemini Dual Channel EQ
Boss TU-2
Amp:
Peavey 5150 120 watt combo (considering sale)