My new strat started to develop a buzzing sound down around the bridge. It is loudest on the G and D string but you can hear it on the others as well. this is unplugged so its not the amp.

Only thing i did differnt since i got it. i put some .10 and added two springs.

any ideas on how to fix this.

thanks in advance
sounds like the action is too low, your need to use the allen wrench that should have come with the guitar (its tiny) and adjust the saddles until they stop buzzing, what size strings did you have on before the .10's? i cant see your changes causing that but if you had smaller strings before its possible.
Member 3 of the FINAL FANTASY VII club.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
if you add anything that isn't 9 gauge strings (or lighter) you're going to get a lot of buzzing.

and even if you adjust it, it's not good.

i would recommend taking off the 10 gauge set and using 9's again.
The guy said they were .10s but then seemed a little small maybe .9

When i added the 2 extra springs i tighted the screws in the back to make the bridge level with the body.

now, do i want to tighten it the saddles, right?
Quote by JamesCopti
if you add anything that isn't 9 gauge strings (or lighter) you're going to get a lot of buzzing.

and even if you adjust it, it's not good.

i would recommend taking off the 10 gauge set and using 9's again.

I started out learning with thick .13 acoutic gutar strings. the 9's are too small for me. there has to be a way to heavyer gadge strings on this
you CAN put 9's or 10's or whatever on a strat. anyone who cant get fret buzz to stop doesnt know how to.

with a level bridge, use a tiny allen wrench to lower these pegs. that will raise the saddle, and that buzzing string.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011