Hey i tried out a Mesa triple recto today and a Krank Revolution and i was wondering what is better, i should add if i do go with Mesa it would be a dual recto that i would buy cause i dont need the extra 50 watts the triple has,

I play alot of new (good) rock, hard rock(Gnr, Extreme, ect) and old metal(maiden, metallica,sabbath ect) aswell as a bit of blues here and there

Thanks
My Gear:

Gibson Lp
ibson Sg
Fender Strat
Taylor 914

Mesa Boogie Dual Caliber
Mesa Boogie 4x12 w V30's
Marshall Avt 150

Wylde Wah
boss Ds-1
Boss Ch-1
Danelectro delay
yeah, mesa. i'm getting a krank soon, but i play metal and hardcore... and those amps are made for those genres.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
mesa
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Seriously, Mesa.
Colors by Between the Buried and Me is the Best album ever
i wouldn't really want either of those for the music you play... they're both very modern in sound, though the mesa is more versatile than the krank.

what's your rough budget?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i hoping to spend under 1500 for the head but if i had to i would go to 2000, im looking into used amps tho to cut down on price
My Gear:

Gibson Lp
ibson Sg
Fender Strat
Taylor 914

Mesa Boogie Dual Caliber
Mesa Boogie 4x12 w V30's
Marshall Avt 150

Wylde Wah
boss Ds-1
Boss Ch-1
Danelectro delay
Honestly, based off the bands you mentioned I'd say what you really want is a not a mesa or krank but a marshall (and personally, I'm no marshall fan) go with a JCM 2000 -- its what your hero's used, and can probably get the soudns your looking for.

nothing worse than spendign $2000 for somethign you later findn isnt exactly what your looking for
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Last edited by spiroth10 at Oct 1, 2007,
you have a bunch of options for around $1500... splawn, soldano avenger, bogner shiva, mesa stiletto, vht deliverance, engl blackmore... etc. etc.

just basically try everything you can. but from the bands you mentioned, i think you can do a lot better than the ones you were looking at...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Mesa Stilletto would be well worth a try-it's not as modern-sounding as the recto, and is excellent for really clear, cutting rock tones. It's far better for lower gain settings than the rectifier as well. If that's not your thing, then Dave_Mc's suggestions are all worth a look-in. I'd think about adding the Laney GH or VH heads to the list though..
i would get a marshall dsl100 good all around amp
c-1 classic
mim strat (not fender)
valveking 112
Boss dd20 giga delay
Boss phase shifter
more to come
fender acoustic

my band

Quote by someperson
buy a wah wah pedal. Easier to use, and you won't have to re-tune your guitar after you use it.
If you tried both and don't know which one is better, chances are you don't really know what you're looking for... I'd suggest playing any amp you can to get a better idea.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Kra... ha! just kidding! Mesa, yo.... Like Pink said, comparing the two, you might want to look towards a Mark IV.
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
Quote by Nolly
The Mesa Stilletto would be well worth a try-it's not as modern-sounding as the recto, and is excellent for really clear, cutting rock tones. It's far better for lower gain settings than the rectifier as well. If that's not your thing, then Dave_Mc's suggestions are all worth a look-in. I'd think about adding the Laney GH or VH heads to the list though..

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by MatrixClaw
If you tried both and don't know which one is better, chances are you don't really know what you're looking for... I'd suggest playing any amp you can to get a better idea.

agreed, even if you're trying stuff not suited to the stuff you play, you're refining your ear, etc. it's all worthwhile. just don't get kicked out of the shop before you get to try what you really want!
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by bite_the_bullet
yeah, mesa. i'm getting a krank soon, but i play metal and hardcore... and those amps are made for those genres.

Kranks, made for hardcore? Kranks are made for epic phail.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?