Just picked up my new 2X12 Tone Tubby cab I've wanted for a year, & it certainly exceeds my expectations. I'd heard a couple a while ago for some 5 min demos, & have had to have one ever since. It has the 3 separate inputs for the alnico or ceramic speaker separately or both together. The alnico is absolutely the best speaker I've ever heard, & the sparkle of the ceramic blends perfectly. I've found new love for one of my amps that I was thinking of selling-it's just unbelievable the difference a top quality cab makes. I'd recommend these cabs to anyone. Woo hoo!
Can't wait til the speakers are fully broken in!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
congrats on the cab, hope for your sake the 'honeymoon period' doesn't end and its actually that good!

heard great things on those tone tubby cabs, what head(s) are you running through it? n what styles are you playing?
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

very nice, congrats man. I've wanted one for a while now too.

Pics!
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
awesome, i've heard really good things about tone tubbies. doesn't slats have a 10" cab of theirs? i think he likes his a lot too.

And pics (not that i can say much about pics, lol)!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by hairball
congrats on the cab, hope for your sake the 'honeymoon period' doesn't end and its actually that good!

heard great things on those tone tubby cabs, what head(s) are you running through it? n what styles are you playing?

I play a lot of old VH, AC/DC, Metallica, Ozzy. I use 2 diiferent setups & just add this cab to each one. My first setup is pretty much just for VH, using a Mojave Scorpion head/load box/power amp. The second setup is for everything else, a Soldano SLO 100.
This honeymoon was almost over before it started! I just happened to check the wattage rating of the TT cab before I turned on the SLO. Turns out the speakers are both 40W (I thought they were 60 or 75W), so my SLO would've destroyed them almost instantly. I just have to use my Marshall cab with the TT, which isn't so bad!
PS- Thanks TJ
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

sucks you can't use it with the soldano! could you use it along with the other cab? how does it sound compared to what you were using before? i call for soundclips along with pics!
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

Quote by Dave_Mc
doesn't slats have a 10" cab of theirs? i think he likes his a lot too.

Yeah, I have a pair of alnico 10's in mine. It's great. Just one 16 ohm imput, though. I've though about adding a 4 ohm one, especially if I ever go for an old Fender head. For now, I run it with my AC30, and it's fantastic.

Quote by riffhog
Turns out the speakers are both 40W (I thought they were 60 or 75W), so my SLO would've destroyed them almost instantly.

They're rated very conservatively. Not that I'm suggesting you go too nuts too soon, but I don't think the Tone Tubby people even have a true feel for how much power these speakers can take. The 40W number is a rather arbitrary rating.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
don't quote me on this, but in that tube amp book i have (by dave hunter, excellent book) there's an interview with the tone tubby guy, and i think he said they never managed to blow one, nomatter what wattage they put through it. Don't quote me though, i can check tomorrow if you want (too tired/late now)... and cheers slats, i thought you had them.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by hairball
sucks you can't use it with the soldano! could you use it along with the other cab? how does it sound compared to what you were using before? i call for soundclips along with pics!

I'm unable to provide any sound clips til my Google engineer friend brings his kids over ( they're f#@king geniuses, 10 & 12 yrs old). I may be able to do pics...
The TT sound is just simply alive, like suddenly I have dog hearing or something. The Marshall cab sounds warm & smooth, but lifeless in side by side comparison. My 2X12 Mojave cab (G12H30's) sounds much closer to the TT than to the Marshall, but still the TT is more responsive to touch.
Slats-I was just thinking... it doesn't really matter if I perform a few "structural integrity tests"! I live 20 miles from TT's biggest distributor, & 70 miles from the factory. I can get a blown speaker replaced in 24 hrs. I'll just have to be a bit judicious in my use of the master volume, in case they do an autopsy on the speaker. I really want to A/B the 2 speakers w/ the SLO, but I already love that alnico!
Dave-I have that amp book (Dave Hunter), & it's practically a bible! That's where I first heard about TT speakers & Mojave Amps! I'll have to re-read the TT section.

I will seriously try to make some sound clips so you guys can hear the difference.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard

haha, i think most of us has that book... now you mention it, i think slats has it too!

it's great.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Pics!!!

My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail
BBE Sonic-Stomp Sonic Maximizer.

Member #24 of the EHX Guild
Quote by Dave_Mc
haha, i think most of us has that book... now you mention it, i think slats has it too!

it's great.

Me too!

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I need to get some more books by Dave Hunter.

Hasn't he made one about pedals as well?
yeah. i think you get it free if you subscribe to guitar buyer. which is why i haven't bought it yet. of course, i haven't got round to subscribing either, so that's quite the predicament.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
He apparently wrote some other ones as well. I was very close to ordering the pedal and the guitar rig ones, but the 3 week delivery time stopped me.

I'll probably end up ordering them anyway after waiting for two months, which will effectively make the delivery time 11 weeks instead. Logic thinking may not be my strongest side.
haha, true. exactly the same thing happened to me. I've been meaning to subscribe to guitar buyer for several months, but held off in case i wanted the book more quickly (i.e. amazon). needless to say, i still don't have the book, and could have saved a little money on the cover price of the magazine into the bargain...

though i always find, magazines are good until you subscribe, and then overnight (or at very least by the next issue or two) they go way downhill.

actually, the reason total guitar sucks now can probably be traced back to my subscription a few years ago. true story.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^I was subscribed to TG too, for a while. I should have ended it when they started devoting entire issues to Trivium, Avenged Sevenfold, or some other band I don't really care about.

Guitar Buyer and Guitar Techniques is where it's at! (I still need to subscribe to them, though).
Quote by SchecterGates
Pics!!!

Believe me, it's not very impressive to look at. Just a standard black Tolex w/ Fender silver grill cloth. I didn't even put the name plate on it! I will try to post some pics, though, because the purple SLO (yes, purple) looks cool on top of it.
To Dave & slats-
I finally (duuuuuhhhh) figured how to use the new cab w/ the SLO safely. I'm just going to pull the 2 outer tubes & set the amp impedance to 8 ohms into the 16 ohm cab. Too easy.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard

Quote by mr_hankey
^I was subscribed to TG too, for a while. I should have ended it when they started devoting entire issues to Trivium, Avenged Sevenfold, or some other band I don't really care about.

Guitar Buyer and Guitar Techniques is where it's at! (I still need to subscribe to them, though).

yeah, i'm too lazy to buy GT, but it's a great mag. i like guitarist too, it's kind of a jack-of-all-trades, but not bad.

i got out before all the a7x guff, but not before they repeated tabbing loads of stuff i already had...

and glad you got it sorted, riffhog. the avenger i tried was purple. looked sweet.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?