Page 1 of 2
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
oh sorry. i forgot to mention these are from the promo, it has 5 songs on them.

Everything's magic
Secret Crowds
My Only Fear
Sirens
Breathe
Jesus there are so many AvA threads why do they keep popping up? I was under the impression that they blow really hard.
i love the new songs.

secret crowds is amazing. so much different from that radio rip we got.

i love the studio version of sirens
Everything's Magic - my opinion holds the same as before, it's not bad at all, more comfortable lyrically and musically

Secret Crowds - Can anyone say Boxcar? It's nice, I don't like the vocal melody in the verses all that much, but again lyrically it seems a little more developed than We Don't Need To Whisper.

My Only Fear = The War? The intros are too similar for my liking. I don't feel they make the most of this one, it sounds like it's trying to go somewhere but it's hitting a glass ceiling on the way up. I want my five minutes back.

Sirens - Sounds like Ryan Sinn [or whoever's playing bass nowadays] has been listening to some old Blink records. Hell...this sounds like it could be a B-side off Self-titled. It probably is. It's ok. Best track so far.

Breathe - Sounded more interesting musically at first, but Tom's slipped back into Whisper-mode lyrically - cheap, boring, and clichéd. Avoid this one folks.

Overall...I think it's getting better, maybe this is a little bit of proof that We Don't Need To Whisper was rushed to silence the press/get one up on Mark. I probably won't buy the new CD, but I hope that things continue to pick up. Who knows, maybe in a few years Tom actually will be putting out records worthy of being called 'life changing'

[psyche]
WTF?

My Only Fear is so much more rocking than I thought it would be from the preview... it's like old ava, with Blinks feeling this thrown in there.......... madness in a greeeeat way!!!

Sirens, Secert Crowds awesome, Breathe, very interesting, but My Only Fear is EXACTLY what i thought Tom would come out with when he over hyped the first album!!!

That song is YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!
Quote by punkdisasters
WTF?

My Only Fear is so much more rocking than I thought it would be from the preview... it's like old ava, with Blinks feeling this thrown in there.......... madness in a greeeeat way!!!

Sirens, Secert Crowds awesome, Breathe, very interesting, but My Only Fear is EXACTLY what i thought Tom would come out with when he over hyped the first album!!!

That song is YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!
Old ava? Old? Their first album has only been out a year and a half? Nothing they've done can be called old yet, haha.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
coming from a big blink fan, I can't stand AVA, Tom thinks he's so amazing trying to be the next bono but he's not, he's become really annoying and a dick

+44 is way better
founder of the MXPX group, pm me to join

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!

Wii number: 7054 3894 4223 2011
I really like "My Only Fear".
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
Never was much of a Angels and Airwaves fan, +44 is a bit better but they get old quick. Hell I didn't even like Blink all that much.
Im still a huge blink, but in my opinion the only good song ava had was the war, +44 is better.
i'm not a huge angels and airwaves fan, i wouldn't even consider myself a fan really. i really didn't like we don't need to whisper, tom is too whiney for my taste but everything is magic i think is a good song. hopefully i empire is decent, at least i hope so because i don't want to waste my money on another AVA cd. but plus 44 is reallyy good
Last edited by hoppusfan182 at Oct 4, 2007,
I think that the new songs are way better than than the ones on We Don't Need to Whisper.
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
The very obvious Anthem Pt. 2 reference in Everything's Magic is too much for me.

I still think that Tom Delonge is an idiot, and the weakest link in Blink.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by duncang
The very obvious Anthem Pt. 2 reference in Everything's Magic is too much for me.

I still think that Tom Delonge is an idiot, and the weakest link in Blink.

i was about to ask if anyone else noticed that. The riffs so similar... just an extra note put in between... surely tom would have noticed this... possibly done on purpose ?
I think tom rushed into We dont need to whisper so that he didnt die down after blilnk blew over... I LOVE BLINK! and i think its amazing that these 2 totaly diffrent bands came from the band whos songs joked about so many innapropriate things. I love Plus44 and was so dissapointed with AvA. But i heard everythings magic, and it was pretty good. i am looking forward to I empire, and also for Plus 44s new album when ever it comes out!
The problem with rock music is there are to many people that play the guitar... and not enough guitarist. Guitar Hero Doesnt help...
everything by blink-182 sucks especially their last album, except take of your pants and jacket which rocked, boxcar racer sucks, +44 sucks,

but Tom made the smart move and left and started AvA who kick ass

come on 14 year old girl who sings along to I Miss You im waiting for your comeback
Quote by Godsmack311
everything by blink-182 sucks especially their last album, except take of your pants and jacket which rocked, boxcar racer sucks, +44 sucks,

but Tom made the smart move and left and started AvA who kick ass

come on 14 year old girl who sings along to I Miss You im waiting for your comeback

that made me laugh
(I hope it was a joke)

and aren't you just some 14 year old boy?
^^i worded that wrong, blink-182's last album sucked, take off your pants and jacket is the best

Tom Made The Smart move because blink was going in the wrong direction imo

everything else (Boxcar Racer and +44 suck) i meant
Quote by Godsmack311
^^i worded that wrong, blink-182's last album sucked, take off your pants and jacket is the best

Tom Made The Smart move because blink was going in the wrong direction imo

everything else (Boxcar Racer and +44 suck) i meant

yeah and I'm still laughing
i think its untitled rather than self titled, and it sucked

and WDNTW and Everything i heard from I-Empire are 1,000,000x better
it's self titled.

haha I laugh at the rip off of the anthem part 2 riff
he has run out of ideas and has to recycle old ones :'(
(not to mention they use the same chords like every song, but that comes with the genre i guess)
I kinda like Everything's Magic. But then again, I liked the first single from the last album and buying that CD turned out to be a waste of nearly a week's allowance. Lets hope this one wont get me making the same mistake.
Man, I hate myself for saying this, but the new song is catchy. It sucks, but it's catchy. The lyrics are terrible, his voice is bad, the guitar with the delay sounds quite boring, the drums are shit, but it's quite catchy, I'll give them that.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

^in reality, why should you even care about the musical ability? as long as it's entertaining, you should set aside your musical critique and enjoy the song.

no offense, just making a statement.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Well, the musical ability does account for some of the enjoyment I get from a song. Obviously it varies in importance.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

i guess i just have a different view on ability. as long as a song's in key (or out of key if that's the intention) i look at the composer/songwriter as skilled.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
wow i have no more respect for Tom anymore.. he cant even come up with new riffs for his new songs. seriously wtf? i think after you need to re use old riffs that you wrote in an old band just to write new songs that you should just stip being in a band all together, you've lost you're creativity.
anthem pt 2 and everything magic have NOTHING in common, your all the same people who say Smells like teen Spirit is a More than a Feeling rip-off.

go tom!
head over to punkdisasters to download 'heaven' the last track on I-Empire, It sounds like a continuation of valkyrie missile, it sounds exactly like it which is cool cuz it reinforces the song idea about the continuous cyle of life. it sounds better than the adventure!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2