i love the look and feel of t elecasters

but i need to know if they are good for metal
RAINBOW

I'm so punk that I hate punk
nope :P
Check out my band (epic folk/death metal) at www.amorgen.org and add us to your favorite social networks!

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C7
Ibanez RG 2620
ENGL Powerball 2
ENGL 2 x 12" PRO Slanted E212VH
TC Electronic G-major 2
Behringer FCB1010
not metal but are great for country.....they have alot of that twang sound.
wouldnt recommend it, get a nice metal guitar :P
Check out my band (epic folk/death metal) at www.amorgen.org and add us to your favorite social networks!

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C7
Ibanez RG 2620
ENGL Powerball 2
TC Electronic G-major 2
Behringer FCB1010
yeah i mean if you're willing to whack a bridge humbucker in there, i don't see why it wouldn't do metal. it'll not sound much like the classic tele tone anymore, but if the looks and feel are your main concern, that shouldn't really be a problem.

You'd just need to make sure the tele is routed under the bridge for a humbucker, and obviously check you can get a new pickguard and bridge which will fit the humbucker, and your guitar.

EDIT: or you could just buy a tele which already has twin humbuckers... fender do a couple of them.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
myeah, but i would never do that to a tele :P thats gonna be one freaky guitar then

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C7
Ibanez RG 2620
ENGL Powerball 2
TC Electronic G-major 2
Behringer FCB1010
The dude from Wintersun uses single coil pickups in his telecaster...they play dark/melodic Euro death metal.
Dimebag is overrated. Sue me.
Quote by Esparcia
myeah, but i would never do that to a tele :P thats gonna be one freaky guitar then

yeah, i mean that'd be crazy. a tele with humbuckers. the world's going to end. it's not like fender make one. oh. wait.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you want to buy a "ready-made" Metal Telecaster the new slipknot sig models have active EMGs, they look pretty understated and awesome as well considering the band, just depends if you would be keen on a sig model, some people cant stand them...

Edit : Quote from jim root -

"Yeah, It's coming out this year. I don't know many of the "post" details yet. Like the price and availability.
It's based on the "Flathead" tele's that I play.
Mahagony body, maple necks with either maple or ebony fretboards, 12 degree fretboard radius, jumbo frets, schaller locking machines, EMG 81/60, 1 volume knob, 70's tele logo, matte black with white pickgaurd and matte white with black pickgaurd, dot inlays. There won't be anything on it that says's "Slipknot" or "Stone Sour" only my signature on the headstock.
When I've taslked to Justin at Fender about it, we've decided to do a USA model or possibly a Mexi. It won't be a custom shop model because I want to keep the price under $1000. But, because of the wood and pickups and hardware it might be close.

That's about all I know so far...
J "
Diezel, Motherfucker
Last edited by mh400nt at Oct 1, 2007,
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, i mean that'd be crazy. a tele with humbuckers. the world's going to end. it's not like fender make one. oh. wait.

haha yeah ok.. wouldnt buy that either xD just personal taste :P didnt mean to offend anyone

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C7
Ibanez RG 2620
ENGL Powerball 2
TC Electronic G-major 2
Behringer FCB1010
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've seen guys playing hardcore stuff with what appear to be stock Teles. The bridge pickup has some pop.
I love the metal tones from stock teles. That bridge and single coil pickup give you a pretty nice, sharp sound. It's all a matter of taste...go try them. We can't tell you how you'll react to a guitar.
Nope, doesn't seem too good IMO.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
Uh, well, the Esquire (single-pickup version of the Tele) has a preset for a bassier tone. That may work for metal-type stuff.
I've heard many metal bands use Telecasters for recording when tuning down very low. You can play metal with a Telecaster no problem, with stock pickups, as long as you have the right amp.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
You can, but there are plenty of guitars that do it better.

Tom from RATM used a stock tele on some songs....now he has quite a heavy tone, no?...yes he does *nods*

It will make it alot easier if you get a hum in the bridge though, or your gunna have to go for a real high output single, or a single-sized hum.
That Slipknot/Stone Sour guitarist James Root has a new signature Fender Tele with EMGs
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
NO WAY

Quote by me, about 15 posts ago
If you want to buy a "ready-made" Metal Telecaster the new slipknot sig models have active EMGs
Diezel, Motherfucker
thanks you guys i think thats what i will do im gonna save up and get me a telecaster
RAINBOW

I'm so punk that I hate punk