Am i missing something?

Here in OZ, a mim tele goes for about $850 and a custom 72 for about $1600.

I dont see where the extra money goes into the guitar?
Better quality parts.

MIM Fenders have cheaper necks than custom, especially classics, they also have cheaper tuners, pickups, wiring, inlaying, and basically everything else.
ok thanks, well think i will wait for a nice one one ebay instead of buying a mim new. would love a tele with a hot bridge, i know its so not the done thing, but hotrails in a tele is exactly what im looking for.
i just missed out on a custom with a hardcase for $650 australian, im spewing. i should have bid higher.
Better parts. For example the Classic 60s has Custom Shop 69 pups in it. Those pups cost $220 at Musician's Friend right now. It also has a two-point tremolo and some other different features like a 12" radius and vintage tuners. They're just nicer and have some interesting features.
Last edited by Comfortablylomb at Oct 1, 2007,
it was pretty much standard 72 custom reissue with fender case. i know, i was away on holidays and missed out. im near tears.

my fav tele is the john 5, but, i dont like how there is no tone switching. i guess its a non issue, how often do i change tone on the guitar itself anyways.

i like idea of a tele with a rock sounding bridge and a blues sounding neck, maybe a p90 neck even for a bit of jazz.

which tele is for me !
The Classic Series (50s, 60s, and 70s) are made in Mexico. They're not really like the MIM Standards though. Just like the Jimmy Vaughn is a lot different even though it's also made in Mexico.
they really dont look a lot better on paper than the standard mim's.

which tele has a humbucker bridge and single coil outisde the john 5?
Quote by Comfortablylomb
Better parts. For example the Classic Player 60s has Custom Shop 69 pups in it. Those pups cost $220 at Musician's Friend right now. It also has a two-point tremolo and some other different features like a 12" radius and vintage tuners. They're just nicer and have some interesting features.

Fixed.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
i keep going to pull the trigger on an ebay tele, but choke at the last minute.

i want a squealing screaming blues tone, not tinny like traditional tele sound, kind of mix between a tele and a strat.

would a tele with the texas specials give me that powerful SCREAMING tone?