ok, so I am going from 10's on my ESP LTD EC-1000, to the Zakk Wylde 11-70 Custom Lo-Tune set. Is there anything I should look out for? it's a hardtail, so that isn't a problem, but what other issues could arise? Will I ever be able to play my beloved E-Standard again??? (I change tunings A LOT, I use E Standard/Drop D, D Standard/Drop C, C Standard/ Drop B and B Standard/ Drop A)

any help appreciated, thanks
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
i just switched to 12s today,and i found it difficult to play in e standard, but it might be the size of picks im using
You may need some slight truss rod adjustment, but if you don't know what you're doing you should take it to a guitar shop.
If you have the cash, a second or third guitar isn't a bad idea so you don't have to change tuning so much.
i use 11's in standard (dont use standard much anymore now) and it's really quite hard to play..lol.. when i play other ppls guitars i feel like i'm gunna break a string cuz their so loose
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
Slots in the nut, saddle height, and truss rod adjustment are three potential adjustments.
And it's gonnu be mighty tough for you to play in standard with those. The low e string on those is basically a bass string. I play 12's in standard and I don't really have a problem with it. I just like the way the tension feels on my fingers but to me the 70 gauge string is just zakk wylde trying to act badass.
70? in e-standard? VERY manly
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Really, that set of strings is no good unless you plan on keeping it in at least d standard. It is just too big to play with comfortably in E. IMO anyways.
yeah the zakk set would be awesum for drops... E maybe a little tight.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
well idk bout 70 but on my guitar is use 11-49 and i play in standard tuning perfectly. nothing wrong with my neck either
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
You wont do your truss rod any good if you constantly change tunings to such a degree, the amount of tension in the 70 gauge at E will be stupid in comparison to the tension while at B or A for example. You will do damage to your guitar if you put those strings on and dont have it set up again everytime you change tuning.
I have a cheap strat set up with 12's and detuned one half step just for practicing SRV songs.
Quote by sidereal9
12's in e are just silly
lol

I've had 13's for e standard before. sounds a lot nicer.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD