Hey, I was wonder if I should get a Marshall MG30DFX or a Line 6 Spider 3 30 watt. Unless you have another suggestion for a 30 watt amp that I can buy. I've heard the Line 6 isn't bad, but it's not good and I read the reviews for the Marshall and they said it was average.

I'd be open for suggestions and state their price because I'm limited on cash, so I'd say 200-250 dollars.

I'm using it as a practice amp, not as a gig amp. Please don't get that wrong.

Thanks in advance.
Get a cube. Line 6 and marshall MG are trash.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Neither the Line 6 or the Marshall will impress you at all in a few months. If you're looking for versatility, I'd say get a Vox AD30VT. Excellent amp for the price.
Quote by timsterII
Hey, I was wonder if I should get a Marshall MG30DFX or a Line 6 Spider 3 30 watt. Unless you have another suggestion for a 30 watt amp that I can buy. I've heard the Line 6 isn't bad, but it's not good and I read the reviews for the Marshall and they said it was average.

I'd be open for suggestions and state their price because I'm limited on cash, so I'd say 200-250 dollars.

I'm using it as a practice amp, not as a gig amp. Please don't get that wrong.

Thanks in advance.

*steps back, out of way of massive amounts of flaming about to come his way*
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
Quote by ebbbaaa
*steps back, out of way of massive amounts of flaming about to come his way*

o_O Um..Okay. If you have nothing good to say, then don't even say it. I already know i'm going to get flamed. I don't exactly care, if they flame me, then they flame me, I'm not going to be a baby about it. Instead, I'm just not going to pay much attention to what they have to say.
Yeah, look at a Roland Cube 30. Or the Vox. They're going to be roughly in that price range I think and I feel a little bad for the MASSIVE amounts of flaming you're about to receive. -ducks- Although of those two, I'd choose the Line 6... Just because it isn't as bad (IMO) as the way people on here make it sound. However, I agree, the MG is crap.
Jackson DKMG with Dimarzio Evo2's
Squier Strat

Vox AD50VT-212

Schecter Stilletto Elite-4

Acoustic B200

Change of Season

fuzzyDXMG=GREAT buyer/trader, easy to deal with.
Quote by kool98769
Get a cube. Line 6 and marshall MG are trash.

Yeah, I'm starting to agree with you with that. Thanks a lot. n_n
Quote by atreyurock9
Yeah, look at a Roland Cube 30. Or the Vox. They're going to be roughly in that price range I think and I feel a little bad for the MASSIVE amounts of flaming you're about to receive. -ducks- Although of those two, I'd choose the Line 6... Just because it isn't as bad (IMO) as the way people on here make it sound. However, I agree, the MG is crap.

._. Well, it's an amp, I was asking for opinions about amps, I don't see why people have to flame me for that. Sure, I'm not as "Pro" or as much of a SUPER GEEKY NERDY GUITAR FREAK. All I was asking was if you think those amps are good or they're horrible. And then I asked if you guys have any suggestions. But, if you must flame, go ahead.
Quote by timsterII
._. Well, it's an amp, I was asking for opinions about amps, I don't see why people have to flame me for that. Sure, I'm not as "Pro" or as much of a SUPER GEEKY NERDY GUITAR FREAK. All I was asking was if you think those amps are good or they're horrible. And then I asked if you guys have any suggestions. But, if you must flame, go ahead.

Id assume that at a first glance, they seem like a good deal, and after you play them (if you've never played a tube amp) they sound good too. But after you play on a tube amp, and then go play a solidstate amp, it sounds so....dead...and thin. It sounds like your guitar is getting held back.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
The MG your looking at is $239 on Musician's Friend. For $200 there are three 5 watt combos, for $249.99 an Epi Valve Junior head and 112 cab. Get a distortion pedal and you've got practice nailed and great tone.
Vox AD30VT or Roland Cube 30 or 60. If you don't need the effects, maybe get a second-hand Fender Blues Junior, or Epiphone Valve Junior.
i have a vox and its really great. ive tried the MG, but i prefer the vox.

or you can even go tube with a crate v8 or a peavey valveking royal 8.
Jong

Strat, V847a, OCDv3, Carbon Copy, DD-5, Flying Dragon, EL84 amp
Quote by glaz31
i have a vox and its really great. ive tried the

or you can even go tube with a crate v8 or a peavey valveking royal 8.

bastard, i was gonna say that :p its kind of interesting 2 see the 2 most hated amps on ug considered by one person.
id say the palomino and a good od pedal would suit you fine
MG is over priced and unreliable. Spider III isn't bad really if you take time to tweak it. I think they make good amps actually for Practice, but the cheaper 30watt versions aren't all that great. I +1 the vox. Its a versatile amp, which makes it great for practice, and it sounds good. The VJ, Palomino, and Royal 8 are also all options, but none of them are near as versatile as the Vox without a pedal board in front of them.
For christs sake people, STOP RECOMMENDING THE VALVE JUNIOR AS A PRACTISE AMP.

It does two things: Blues and Classic rock, and only really works if you have a decent rig to compliment it. And before you tell me I don't know what i'm talking about, I own a valve junior.

look into the vox valvetronix series, or a roland cube. Both of which are decent practise amps with an array of amp models and effects that you can play with, all for a reasonable price.
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
^ I gots to agree with you to a point, I own one too. It takes pedals exceptionally, and is awesome for modding to get the most out of it though. It's unfeasible to say you wouldn't need an OD to get gain at low volumes though, 5w is just LOUD. But with a suitable guitar, and a good OD, it's far better for clean upto Hard Rock than the modellers IMO.

For teh metalz? Well you could try totally remodding it with gain mods, knobs and switches and a 6L6, and then maybe using a distortion or OD, but that's a lot of work when the Cube has a nice metal tone anyway.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
^ I gots to agree with you to a point, I own one too. It takes pedals exceptionally, and is awesome for modding to get the most out of it though. It's unfeasible to say you wouldn't need an OD to get gain at low volumes though, 5w is just LOUD. But with a suitable guitar, and a good OD, it's far better for clean upto Hard Rock than the modellers IMO.

For teh metalz? Well you could try totally remodding it with gain mods, knobs and switches and a 6L6, and then maybe using a distortion or OD, but that's a lot of work when the Cube has a nice metal tone anyway.

Yeah, without modifications, It cant do much more than hard rock. And it has to be pretty loud to do Hard Rock, or with the help of an OD, like you said.
Yah absolutely. I got great Hard Rock with it cranked to 1:30, with an OD boosing lots of volume but no gain, and fattening my tone a bit too, and I could get Metallica out of it with gain boost on top I feel. But, that was at gigging volume! Just emphasises how much 5w is!

The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
yeah.

Its really shocking how loud these litttle things are. Mine is pretty much on par with my DSL401 volume wise
Wow, two of the worst amps you could have suggested.

Instead, go grab a Roland Cube or a Vox AD30VT (Valvetronix FTW!!1one!!)
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
Quote by MrCarrot
Just emphasises how much 5w is!

I think people around here tend to forget that power is NOT directly related to volume. One example is the whole tube vs. SS thing, but then there's different amps that are louder while being the same wattage.

(post not directly ment to you, but in general)
Quote by blue_strat
Vox AD30VT or Roland Cube 30 or 60. If you don't need the effects, maybe get a second-hand Fender Blues Junior, or Epiphone Valve Junior.

or he could buy a new fender champion 600 for $200
those things are great!