basically i have a MIA fender jazz and i want to know what pickups would be a good replacement to give my jazz a more boomish sound, more low end i guess, kinda hard to describe

BTW im located in australia so can you try and make them pretty well know products because we tend to have a very small inventory out here (eg. whats a fulltone????)
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
Last edited by bazz_aaron at Oct 1, 2007,
lindy fralins. Best pickups EVER.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
I'm in the same boat as you aaron and could do with some nice pickups for my MIM jazz but i'm a poor ass student so value for money's a priority, also, what are the general prices of shops fitting them?
'Member of the official Biffy Clyro Fanclub. PM onlyonehere to join'
Quote by mountaindew88

I agree, I'd love to get oneslightly overwound and put in my precision.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Fralins, slightly overwound for an aggresive but versitile tone. Dream pups for me.

But boobmy is crying EMG to me. Although Quarter pounder or stacked SDs would also be good.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by mountaindew88

+1. Get them overwound. The high output and the low end makes a gentle punchy growl. Beautiful!
Quote by shut_up_you_***
+1. Get them overwound. The high output and the low end makes a gentle punchy growl. Beautiful!

Slightly hijacking the thread but where can you get lindy fralins in the UK? Can you order direct from the website because I checked the UK dealers and they don't seem to stock them.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
I think you should keep your pickups and invest in an active preamp. There's one (Audere or something like that) that's an easy retrofit into all Fender Jazz basses. You should check it out. Dialing some active lows is what you should need.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Fender Noisless Pickups are fantastic. For boominess though, Fender Hot Stack are supposed to be good. Duff uses them in his basses so theyre quite punchy
Liberation Minister of the UK Price War Army. PM Felkara to join

Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
You idiot....you set your hair on fire for a dollar.

Did you buy some intelligence afterwards??
Quote by KillEmAll
Fender Noisless Pickups are fantastic. For boominess though, Fender Hot Stack are supposed to be good. Duff uses them in his basses so theyre quite punchy

Actually, Duff uses Duncans.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Oops, I meant SD Hot Stack
Liberation Minister of the UK Price War Army. PM Felkara to join

Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
You idiot....you set your hair on fire for a dollar.

Did you buy some intelligence afterwards??