I am basically a beginner drummer, and I am looking to buy a 7 piece drumkit that I saw for sale in the paper. I am going to look at it tomorrow, so first off any tips when going to look at it, what to watch for etc.? (it's a pearl export).

Anyway, I can do simple things like paradiddles, single, double and triple stroke rolls, flams etc. and I am playing percussion this year in music, so that should help with learning rudiments and stuff on the snare drum. I know that I will play this thing almost as much as my guitar, so I am curious if I should be going all out and getting this 7 piece kit (with hardware included, 10" splash, 14" and 16" medium and thin crash (in order there) 20" ride 5 toms, 14" snare, 22X18" bass. Should I be getting this, or should I go a step down and just get a 5 piece kit?

I am asking this because all of this is going for $1200 CAN and that is a good deal on all this stuff (new it's $2200+)

comments?

pepsi
I'd be tempted to get a smaller but better quality kit. The new pearl kits are sposed to be great! Any more info on this kit? What type of export is it, a straight EX or an ELX or other variant? What wood are the shells, what make are the cymbals, etc etc
i think shud take the deal but its used look for ware al over the place lol
n coke kiks pepsi ass
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
pepsi pwns! /rant

I was thinking of getting a smaller kit, but I will eventually want something like this as my favourite drummers (Neil Peart, Mike Portnoy, Chris adler etc.) all have big kits like this and that is what I want to play like. + This comes with all hardware etc. and I can't see me upgrading anything but the heads.

pepsi
You should get one of those Premier cabaret sets. I was looking at them for my brother. But if you can get all the extra stuff (like the splash, additional toms, etc.), why not?
Ludwig
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I would never get a 7 piece kit if I were a beginner. There's no point in having the extra 2 toms if you can't even play them, it's just embarrassing. But that is just my opinion. What kind of kit is it, if it's new at 2200 it must not include cymbals right? Mine was new at 6000+ and I got it for 1600 because my dad knew the guy. That was with cymbals and a rack though, and only a 5 piece.
I'd love to change the world, but I don't know what to do, so I'll leave it up to you....

Are you Superbad???
Quote by pepsi_lovr
pepsi pwns! /rant

I was thinking of getting a smaller kit, but I will eventually want something like this as my favourite drummers (Neil Peart, Mike Portnoy, Chris adler etc.) all have big kits like this and that is what I want to play like. + This comes with all hardware etc. and I can't see me upgrading anything but the heads.

pepsi

Trust me, my drummer IDOLISES Portnoy, and now has a double bass drum 5 Tom set up, and he wishes he never bothered. It creates so many problems:
1) It's a nightmare to set it all up right
2) It takes up loads of room
if you have/are in a band, it creates even more problems:
3) Space is an even bigger issue, as you gotta fit the rest of the band in!
4) Its almost impossible to take it to practices cause it takes up a whole car by itself
5) If you start gigging, you'll struggle to fit it all on the stage and leave room for the band.

The set up is a big problem though, especially with only a single bass drum. You'd probably have to try and mount the smallest tom off the cymbal stand, then the two mediums on the bass drum and have the lowest as a floor tom. It'll take ages to get it set up properly though!