Ok, so I want to make some electronica/techno/industrial - whatever you wanna call it. Can anyone recommend me any programs (free) that I can use to make little "boops" and stuff?

(I already have Hammerhead Rhythm Station for drum loops...)
i think this is more of a riffs/recording kinda thing but a bit of a grey area. i recommend cubase (mainly for VSTi) acid, fruity loops is a good starter program, a midi keyboard and some good VSTi's

edit: btw there are TONS of free VSTi that are really good for just about anything. just google'em and you're sure to find plenty. i totally don't recommend torrenting that kinda stuff either cuz thats illegal.... and illegal stuff is bad.

-z
Last edited by z4twenny at Oct 1, 2007,
Quote by z4twenny
i think this is more of a riffs/recording kinda thing but a bit of a grey area. i recommend cubase (mainly for VSTi) acid, fruity loops is a good starter program, a midi keyboard and some good VSTi's

I have acid, do you know anything I can make weird little sounds with?
^ um sample packs for loops, fruity loops has tons of synth sounds and filters and a built in piano roll to make different "riffs" check out my link at the bottom of my sig and listen to topotheworld. it was done entirely by hand with fruity loops (ie the piano and synth sounds i used the piano roll and laid everything down note by note, i hand wrote a couple drum beat parts and used those with some pre-made loops) and btw im a total noob w/ FL so if you really get into it you can make it do anything you want it to.
Quote by devourthekitten
How long does the trial last?

For ever my friend
Why ME?!?!!
You might find some fun sound generation stuff on science websites. Look for Physics sites especially electronics and acoustics sites.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

i'd say get a sequencer (i like Acid, but i gather than Cubase is considered better), and some midi instruments (aka softsynths), and some plugins and you can make pretty much any bleepy noises you like. I like The Bends and Egokiller for softsynths.
reason
Amorphis
Quote by iceman_8319
The human eye only captures a certain amount frames per second.
By the time you've read this post, 3 ninjas have had sex in front of you.