Yes, a thread for all who own, and love V body guitars!
this is not a specific brand thread, but for any V in all
The V is simply the coolest of all shapes, and was rocked on by many
guitarists!
Randy Rhoads, Alexi Laiho, Jimi Hendrix, Dave Mustaine, and much MUCH more
who kick ass

"But you can't sit down and play right with a V!"
Who the hell needs to sit down when you've got a guitar that ROCKS?!

anyways, talk about these lovlies, and post pics of your own V guitars.
i'll upload mine in a sec, i need to find a digital camera and take QUALITY pics.

the only rules i'd like to be followed, is that no bashing of the V, and no
other body shapes allowed!
V only!
Because V just ROCKS
Jackson Rhodes RR5 pros are the coolest Vs ever. And K.K. Downing from Judas Preist also owned a V. And maybe Gene Simmons at one time. Id love a 67 V, even an Epiphone.
i got that faded gibson V a while back, ****ing amazing. and its very easy to play sitting down. now that ive had it for so long, the only other guitar i could possibly play well would be an ML. everything else just seems so awkward to me when i stand up
I just got my new ESP LTD V-500 on Friday, it's just amazing. I loaded it with a set of DR 9-46s and it just wails. I'm afraid my Ibanez RG1570 is going to feel left out lol. I'll get some pics of it later.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by ibanezguitarz07
jimi has a sig V, but he played a strat man...

i was only stating that he had played one....
of course he mainly played a strat...im not a f**king idiot
Quote by Firewind Raging
I just got my new ESP LTD V-500 on Friday, it's just amazing. I loaded it with a set of DR 9-46s and it just wails. I'm afraid my Ibanez RG1570 is going to feel left out lol. I'll get some pics of it later.

pics?

EDIT: goddammit the pic won't show up. Hang on. EDIT #2: ah screw it, you're just gonna have to click the link. it worked on the BKP forum.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 2, 2007,
Back when I was first collecting I had a few Gibson Vs and I loved them. I prefered Vs and Explorers over my other Gibsons. I sold off all my guitars one by one because I got out of the music scene and needed the money. Now that i am getting back into it I have bought several V shaped guitars now and I like them all from the low end ones to the better Jacksons, BC Rich Kerry King V, DEAN, Epiphone Custom shop guitar of the month B&W V. My favorite is my Hamer V it's a sweet. The only complaint I ever had with Vs they are hard to play sitting down. LOL I will probably get another Gibson V when I find a deal on an older one.

For you guys that have a My Space account here is a link to my photo album.

My Collection

I just got back into collecting guitars after many years but i think I got a decent collection considering I have been buying guitars for about 6 or 7 months.

John
I have an ESP Dave Mustaine V and it is the sexiest thing on the planet. I am addicted to V's now and I refuse to play anything else.

Whoever says they are difficuly to play sitting down is crap. Playing them sitting down gives you a good posture because you are forced to sit up straight instead of slouching over and resting your fretting arm on your thigh. And it keeps the neck at a 45 degree angle which is also a good habit to get into.
any 1 know about any 7 string v's?
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Quote by bodomfan666

oh, i wish....
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
I'm really thinking of buying a Gibson '67 V sometime in the near future, in either white or black. How are they? Are they good for lead? How are the necks on them, and can you really sit down with them? I really need to try one out soon...
ESP LTD M-400
Marshall JCM 800 2205 Halfstack
Dunlop Crybaby
Keeley BOSS SD-1
MXR 10 band EQ
iSP Decimator
BC Riches LOOK pretty nice.
i like the widow headstock.

i've never played one or any other v though.
i'd like to.
Im planning to make a custom 7 string baritone V. Blueprints in my sig
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
When I get a new OFR for my Epiphone Goth V it will actually be nice guitar to play. Although it looks Awesome.
Quote by bodomfan666

There used to be the Jackson RR7...
Im gonna be building a version starting in november
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
I know it's not as cool as some of the others, but it's a V nonetheless and I love it It's a Stagg F300 model:

For a cheap guitar, it plays really well and is made of good stuff (alder body, maple neck).
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.