so i'm at avatar speakers website and i have no idea what speakers to put into it. i'm gettin a 4x12 cab and they offer combinations of almost any celestion speakers. what speakers would be best for playing metal and hardcore (bands like august burns red, hatebreed, metallica, trivium-ascendency), using tunings ranging from standard to drop c.
Vintage 30s or G75s
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
the only speaker bad enuff to do metal Zakk style! Electro-Voice EVM-12L Black Label 12" Speaker. or the Eminence Patriot Texas Heat 12" Guitar Speaker same speakers dime used!
Epi Les Pau Quilt topl~Emg 81/85 Ghs 11's(1/2 step drop)
Charvel Model 4 EMG 81/SA/85 DR 10's (standard){for sale}
Peavey Deuce VT
Marshall JCM 800
Dunlop ZW-45 wylde wah
Dunlop RotoVibe
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Boss CE-5 Chorus
Quote by kornliaslumpica
pros & cons of vintage 30's vs. G75's?

Vintage 30s seem to give a better lead tone and let the highs of the amp really shine through. G75s have more bottom end but the Vintage 30s have plenty as well, honestly, I'd go with V30s out of those 2, they'd really let your amp shine.

^I'd never buy a speaker just because someone else uses it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Vintage 30s seem to give a better lead tone and let the highs of the amp really shine through. G75s have more bottom end but the Vintage 30s have plenty as well, honestly, I'd go with V30s out of those 2, they'd really let your amp shine.

^I'd never buy a speaker just because someone else uses it.

maybe pair two and two to get good highs and bottom end?
What head do you have?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
See if you can pair a V30 and G12T75. Much better balance and better tone than just the V30s alone or the G12T75s alone.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I was going to suggest pairing them, as well. Why not have the best of both worlds?
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
^ What did you use it with? It may be a good idea to pair a V30 with a much warmer speaker like a G12H30, so you get all the forward, modern aggressive mids of the V30 and the Vintagey, raunchy, ballsy punch of the G12H
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
^ the aforementioned v30 g12t75 combo. just didnt sound as "good" as either of the two speakers by themselves. i like the v30 g12h30 combo tho. even tho i loathe celestions.
^Maybe the second combination is the one i had heard of. I'm just gonna go sit in the corner and play my combo....
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by MrCarrot
^ What did you use it with? It may be a good idea to pair a V30 with a much warmer speaker like a G12H30, so you get all the forward, modern aggressive mids of the V30 and the Vintagey, raunchy, ballsy punch of the G12H

for a metal and hardcore sound bands like august burns red, old metallica and mychildren mybride. the cab would be paired with a b52 AT100 head.
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
eminance speakers all the way there is a reason KRANK amps use them

Why? because they suck?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by MrCarrot

B52 AT-100 head. lots of metal. good crunch sound. heavey. not sure what combination works best for hatebreed, august burns red, mychildren mybride