I recently bought a slide to try to learn how how to play it. I've never even picked one up till i bought mine, so what are some easy beginner slide songs.
...Free Bird...

haha, that's all you'll need to learn
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
...Free Bird...

haha, that's all you'll need to learn

Don't be ridiculous, the guy wants a decent, responsible answer and Free Bird is far from the only slide song in existence, and definitely not the only one you need to know. If you want Skynyrd, Ballad of Curtis Loew is a better song.

Get a copy of Clapton's "Unplugged", he has a couple of fairly easy slide songs done acoustic, Rollin and Tumblin can be done electric quite nicely.

Zeppelin's "In My Time of Dying" seems to be a popular one around here, not the easiest I've ever played but not that difficult either.

I think if you browse through the forums you'll find a couple other slide threads with good suggestions too. Get familiar with open tunings, open G and open D in particular they seem to be the most common. It may take a few minutes of looking, but I know they are there, I've posted replies to a couple of them.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Almost any George Thorogood song would be good.Usually only 3 or 4 chords so not to hard to play.Also check out Bonnie Raitt.She is the queen of slide guitar.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Quote by GOLDIE93
Almost any George Thorogood song would be good.Usually only 3 or 4 chords so not to hard to play.Also check out Bonnie Raitt.She is the queen of slide guitar.

thorogood ftw

Eagles of death metal have a few slide songs as well