Page 1 of 2
So yea, I brought meaning to the term Face Melting Guitar Solos.

At my school, we have a little guitar club thing, I decided to go today at lunch. There was some spoiled rich kid there playing a Gibson Les Paul Custom, but he couldn't play worth ****. There was an old beaten up Jazzmaster Replica sitting int he corner. I decided to pick it up, plugged it into a spare amp, and I played the solo to Freebird, cause I was in a showing off kind of mood. The spoiled rich kid CRIED. Yes, he CRIED. Under his tears I heard him mumbling "Oh my gosh, my guitar is so much better than that! Why can't I play like that!"

It was priceless.
people who feel the need to show off bother me...it's the guitarists' version of "my penis is bigger than yours"

just leave him be
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
that would be the deffinition of pwnage if it didnt smell of bs

if it did happen to you tho you just made my day
Quote by AvengedThrice
Best thread name EVER.

Just attack 'em with some pliers dude.

about me XD

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote:

I wish I was gay.
Quote by RageAgainst...
people who feel the need to show off bother me...it's the guitarists' version of "my penis is bigger than yours"

just leave him be

I'm with you mate. Plus I'm not sure I actually believe him anyway.
hmmm Are you happy now? do you want us to kneel before you because you played a solo that wasn't even your own? geez man, when I grow up I wanna be just like you.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
... freebird is really not that hard of a solo ...
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Quote by shut_up_n00b
hmmm Are you happy now? do you want us to kneel before you because you played a solo that wasn't even your own? geez man, when I grow up I wanna be just like you. :rolleyes

Yea, that's exactly what I wanted you to do.
freebird is so cliche, i dont respect you at all. next time, pwn with your own stuff.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Its_Rock77
freebird is so cliche, i dont respect you at all. next time, pwn with your own stuff.

+1
freebird isnt really a face melter actually its not that hard you should start listening to between the buried and me for some AWESOME solos
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.
so guys, I walked into this room and there was some jackass with a jazzmaster replica playing freebird. He totally sucked so I grabbed my Ibanez and plugged into an amp and played the solo from Fermented Offal Discharge and sent him home sobbing to his momma.

Get the **** over yourself.
Freebird aha. I would just sat down at the piano and ripped a face melting sonata in G minor!!!11
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by potcorn56
freebird isnt really a face melter actually its not that hard you should start listening to between the buried and me for some AWESOME solos

I know it's not amazing, it's just what I've been working on playing recently.
well congratu-****ing-lations!!!!!!!!! we are all so Ggad that you are able to type bull**** stories onto UG. Plz Go Away.
Quote by saxaxe
so guys, I walked into this room and there was some jackass with a jazzmaster replica playing freebird. He totally sucked so I grabbed my Ibanez and plugged into an amp and played the solo from Fermented Offal Discharge and sent him home sobbing to his momma.

d00d you t0tally pwned tht gai

i do love that solo
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quote by Its_Rock77

Coming from a guy who records pop punk songs.... (jk)

Anyways, jesus guys, he's just telling telling a funny story, what's with all this ragging about free bird and that playing with skill=bad?

And plus, he's not really saying "OMG I CAN PLAY FREE BIRD SOLO LOL 1111!", he's just saying that he ****in' slapped a spoiled bitch across the face with a solo better than anything that the guy could play.
Last edited by piratemetalhead at Oct 1, 2007,
You're a pretty big douchebag, TS.

Please leave and don't come back.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Quote by spoonylove90
dumb@ss

Ass isn't filtered on this site.
And Ts, your story is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard.
Quote by AngelOfHatred
Yea, that's exactly what I wanted you to do.

oh my, he can't just play FREEEEEEEEEEBIRD!, he can also use sarcasm.

Honestly, what's so bad about someone not being really good? Could you play every song by Steve Vai when you first got your guitar? Highly doubt so. You don't know him, what if he just started playing the week before? Stop trying to be a badass.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by saxaxe

Yep. Why just the other day I walked into a bar and the guy that was playing onstage with the greatest guitar in the world was absolutely awful, I think his name was.....someone Petrucci? But whatever, I found a broken ol' squier in the corner and proceeded to play a Dragonforce set by myself at 75,000 bpm, for about 14 hours. They just wouldn't stop asking for encores y'know? But I had to stop because I was being crushed under a load of 18 year old cheerleaders, and then had to perform open-heart surgery on a lady that had collapsed from pwnage. Nothing but the truth there.
Quote by that_1_dude24
Ass isn't filtered on this site.
And Ts, your story is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard.

it's not bs. : l It actually happened.
dus no1 else find it funny that sum1 called "angel of hatred" calls freebird a face melter

lol

just realised and thought id add
Quote by AvengedThrice
Best thread name EVER.

about me XD

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote:

I wish I was gay.
ts, i believe the pit has gone over these stories many times in all of those "guitar centre stories" threads. the unanimous decision over these kind of stories appears to be " WE DONT CARE!! please kindly pack up your stuff, disconnect your internet, and go FAAAAAAAAAAAR away.
Quote by AngelOfHatred
it's not bs. : l It actually happened.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Yep. Why just the other day I walked into a bar and the guy that was playing onstage with the greatest guitar in the world was absolutely awful, I think his name was.....someone Petrucci? But whatever, I found a broken ol' squier in the corner and proceeded to play a Dragonforce set by myself at 75,000 bpm, for about 14 hours. They just wouldn't stop asking for encores y'know? But I had to stop because I was being crushed under a load of 18 year old cheerleaders, and then had to perform open-heart surgery on a lady that had collapsed from pwnage. Nothing but the truth there.

His post seems more likely.
Quote by piratemetalhead
Coming from a guy who records pop punk songs...

wow.....thats just so relevent i can't believe it. seriously, all pop punk music is sooo cliche. it all sounds exactly the same, and there's no way it could be as orginal as free bird!!!

...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
sets up camera to record the pwnage that is about to happen
Quote by AvengedThrice
Best thread name EVER.

about me XD

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote:

I wish I was gay.
Yeah, the other day I had my guitar in school for no apparent reason and I played this wicked awesome solo, because I rock, and everyone in the school loved me and stuff. Then their faces melted like the guys in that Indiana Jones movie and I got sent to jail...
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by 7DaySkeptic

You're F*&king awesome, that's not as good as Freebird, but good!
BS

I refer you to Guitarist rule 93. which states:

"Any story of 'guitar pwnage' that ends with "I just laughed and walked away", "It was priceless", a reference to "the look on his face", or some variation of the above is, unequivocaly Bull****"
"That Hidde's a cool guy" -Abe Lincoln
"Hidde? Yeah we jam all the time" -Steve Vai
"Remember that time when burt jumped out of the tree and into the river? Good times!" -Jesus

So I heard you liek profiles?
well, rich kids are faggots that think theyre better than us just because they have more money. i wish i was there, cheers to you man!
Quote by SeveralSpecies
How the f*ck are you gonna get a cat to bark?

---------------------------5------8-----7-
----------------5-------------------------
------------------1-3-3-------/6----/5----
-1/3--1-1h3-------------------------------

Matt Freeman>You
i have it on film XD

i knew this pwnage camera would come in handy

lol

all i need now is the spoilt rich kid to turn up here and the pwnage will be complete
Quote by AvengedThrice
Best thread name EVER.

about me XD

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote:

I wish I was gay.
Page 1 of 2