Page 1 of 3
Well, technically, blame "Britain", but "Blame England" has a better ring to it.

Here's the deal. The more and more I look at world events and history, the more it seems like the world would be in a far better place if it wasn't for the darned British Empire going around and mucking things up. I mean, just to give an unordered short list: the slave colonies in the Caribbean, the big genocide-dent they helped knock into the native populations in Australia and North America, the mess that is India (and Pakistan), and virtually all of the problems in the Middle East - I mean the "international" ones, Iraq is Britain's fault, Israel-Palestine is Britain's fault (well, and the Jews, Arabs, and Americans, but originally Britain), and probably a bunch of other things in that part of the world I'm not even remembering.

The point is - and look, it comes with running an international empire that you're going to make a mess of things, I'm not going to get into ethnic discussions and probably not even going to get into cultural things - a substantial amount of what's wrong with the world, if you go back even half a century, it's Britain's fault.

So here's what I propose.

Why doesn't Britain - say, the Queen, because the monarchy is one of the sickest remnants of the Empire - just sort of, formally apologize for making a big mess of the world? And sort of say, you know, our bad, ain't a lot we can do about it but we'll try not to do it any more? And then not keep ruining the world by maybe getting off the States' rocket?

I think that would help.

And mods: this isn't political, a lot of it's mostly history. So yes, it deserves its own thread.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
dude, put on your flame shield
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
*Hands flame shield* May the force be with you...

Hm, I guess I am too uneducated to see how Britain has mucked the world up so bad, but I do know that without them, America would be an either Spanish or French speaking country.
It is so easy to blame it on another country isn't it ?

Mostly it is USA's fault. England invades North America, then conquers. 13 Colonies follow etc.

USA still thinks they're the police of the world. Pathetic.
Member of the Grammar Nazi Club. PM Your41Plague12 to Join.

Member #6 of the Orange Tiny Terror Club
this is quite the risky thread mr jammoe, but im glad to see that someone else noticed Britain has caused problems besides me

i mean noticing that it isnt just the US' fault
Last edited by i bleed metal at Oct 1, 2007,
How is Iran not the US's fault, I mean I'm not anti American, but I mean there is so much stuff that isn't england's fault. the war is an American thing, the French for France help Al Quaida, And you'r from Guelph, I'm guessing you'r not a fan of French people, and if it wern't for the Brittish, the French would own pretty much all of Canada (I'm from MTL)
Not to say the Brittish ahd their share of the blam...
Quote by Ringtone
*Hands flame shield* May the force be with you...

Hm, I guess I am too uneducated to see how Britain has mucked the world up so bad, but I do know that without them, America would be an either Spanish or French speaking country.

actually the colonists almost made French the official language anyway because they were so pissed off at the British. of course, they never did.

tony blair actually did talk bush into invading iraq, and bush is an idiot anyway, so he didn't need much to trigger him. i don't think that everything threadstarter has listed is entirely britain's fault, but i can declare the iraq is in chaos because of certain british (and american too i don't doubt) officials.

to lay the blame on one country like that is simply absurd though. it is a rash generalization when you look at the good that britain has done for the world as well.
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
50 years from now, most of the **** in the world is gonna be the U.S.' fault. or maybe just bush's
^ Exactly

yea, tell that to the queen, im sure she'll understand
Quote by AlecMag
You have made a potentially boring thread epic. Be proud.

Quote by rabidguitarist
deanwad could be right, actually.

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by Physh
50 years from now, most of the **** in the world is gonna be the U.S.' fault. or maybe just bush's
No because the US came from England, so......
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Pertenozzo

Mostly it is USA's fault. England invades North America, then conquers. 13 Colonies follow etc.

+1 to the police thing, i realize helping people out, but for christ's sake, why interfere in everyone's stuff, but then again, i'm not really mature enough to be talking about world events seriously i guess, i'm not into politics, but i think it's popular to hate on the U.S.
Quote by Physh

the U.S., not just bush. i don't think george w. bush is even worthy of such a blame. he's too much of an imbecile.
Needlenick wrote:

i think what jammoe is saying that Britain does have their hand in a lot of things going wrong in todays world, not just the US alone, i mean, ya the US had some evil moments, but if you really dig into Britains past...its almost enough to make you want to vomit, but, then again, a lot of that is really old history and everyone was corrupt back then. but still, that doesnt mean that the blame for every problem in todays world should be thrown on the US
Quote by i bleed metal
this is quite the risky thread mr jammoe, but im glad to see that someone else noticed Britain has caused problems besides me

i mean noticing that it isnt just the US' fault
I'm not sure who else has noticed but I'm not exactly uncontroversial.

Re the States - arguably they're even two phases of the same empire, but that's another discussion, we probably shouldn't deal with that here.

I might add I have no animosity to British people, whatsoever. Really.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
Can anyone say "Ignorance?"
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Quote by Pertenozzo

Dude you live in Houston? Where do you live so I can "Reply" to that comment? Bush is going to be out of office next year, you can't blame something 50 years from now on someone who is dead.

I-I

I----------------I

TheOneAndOnlyIsaac

Quote by Physh

Shut the Fuck up about Bush. The blame can not be put solely on one man. It's the rest of the good time boys running the world too.
Everything bad in this world that is today can be linked to religion (Crusades, which the 9/11 terrorists still believe is going on), greed, and the English Empire. This is of course my personal, ignorant opinion.

Religion is the main factor I think. The Vatican City is and has been the most corrupt piece of bull**** ever. The Pope that declared the Crusades way back when, he wasn't interested in reclaiming the Holy Lands. He wanted money. While England was in a ****ty Middle Ages, the Muslim culture was flourishing. I can continue if you guys want me to.
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Last edited by i(ncubus)play at Oct 1, 2007,
Quote by cashewchaching

yes, but i would have put the question mark on the outside of the speech mark personally..
Well, the Brits on here are gonna destroy you, but I guess I can maybe kinda see where you're coming from. You've obviously exaggerated lots of things, but the same analysis can be applied to the USA. Maybe we should apoligize to tons of people in the Middle East for destroying their lives and say sorry to the people in Latin America whose leaders we overthrew.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
Quote by jammoe
I'm not sure who else has noticed but I'm not exactly uncontroversial.

Re the States - arguably they're even two phases of the same empire, but that's another discussion, we probably shouldn't deal with that here.

I might add I have no animosity to British people, whatsoever. Really.

indeed the U.S. and Britain are basically 2 halves of the same empire, but Britain now is doing a bit better of a job of running their country than the U.S. is, because we (the U.S.) are an overall ignorant and brainwashed people who vote for the best liar in politics and pray to God (not Allah, because heaven forbid anyone suggest they are one in the same) that they do a good job.

/end rant.
Needlenick wrote:

Quote by TOAOIsaac
Dude you live in Houston? Where do you live so I can "Reply" to that comment? Bush is going to be out of office next year, you can't blame something 50 years from now on someone who is dead.

Are you threatening me idiot ?

EDIT : If you are, then let's. Also you fail at making a point with that nonsense.

Last edited by Pertenozzo at Oct 1, 2007,
Quote by 7daycrisis
Sorry Leno, without a capital letter your sentence never started!

now you're just being silly
Quote by 7daycrisis
Sorry Leno, without a capital letter your sentence never started!

Needlenick wrote:

If you're going to blame anyone, blame the Romans!

...them, and their roads...started the whole damn thing if you ask me!
- K -
Quote by cashewchaching

i don't think this qualifies as ignorance, this is more or less talking about an unpopular topic, seriously think about it, if someone says "oh the united states is the source of all the worlds problems today and needs to apologize" people would agree and wouldnt think anything of that opinion, but if you say that 'some' of the blame lies among another country such as britain, then its ignorant?
Quote by scarfacesuit
indeed the U.S. and Britain are basically 2 halves of the same empire, but Britain now is doing a bit better of a job of running their country than the U.S. is, because we (the U.S.) are an overall ignorant and brainwashed people who vote for the best liar in politics and pray to God (not Allah, because heaven forbid anyone suggest they are one in the same) that they do a good job.

/end rant.

Of course Britain is doing a better job right now. OF THE AVAILABLE PEOPLE, I think Bush is handling/has handled the situation in Iraq the best. Of course this is impossible to know. For you and I have to have a sophisticated argument, where do you stand on U.S. going into Iraq in the first place?
Quote by Keyser
If you're going to blame anyone, blame the Romans!

...them, and their roads...started the whole damn thing if you ask me!

If you're gonna go that far back, blame the Greeks. Romans just did everything Greece did basically, they're geographical location just made it alot easier to built a working empire.
you live in guelph? if it werent for britain you could kiss canada goodbye. technically if britain didnt exist.....youd be a british citizen. seeing as how canada was a british colony. way to go assnutz. im pretty sure its not just britain thats gone and ballsed the world up. im actually quite certain britain has done very little to balls the world up. go away now please.
Quote by jammoe
Well, technically, blame "Britain", but "Blame England" has a better ring to it.

Here's the deal. The more and more I look at world events and history, the more it seems like the world would be in a far better place if it wasn't for the darned British Empire going around and mucking things up. I mean, just to give an unordered short list: the slave colonies in the Caribbean, the big genocide-dent they helped knock into the native populations in Australia and North America, the mess that is India (and Pakistan), and virtually all of the problems in the Middle East - I mean the "international" ones, Iraq is Britain's fault, Israel-Palestine is Britain's fault (well, and the Jews, Arabs, and Americans, but originally Britain), and probably a bunch of other things in that part of the world I'm not even remembering.

The point is - and look, it comes with running an international empire that you're going to make a mess of things, I'm not going to get into ethnic discussions and probably not even going to get into cultural things - a substantial amount of what's wrong with the world, if you go back even half a century, it's Britain's fault.

Why doesn't Britain - say, the Queen, because the monarchy is one of the sickest remnants of the Empire - just sort of, formally apologize for making a big mess of the world? And sort of say, you know, our bad, ain't a lot we can do about it but we'll try not to do it any more? And then not keep ruining the world by maybe getting off the States' rocket?

I think that would help.

And mods: this isn't political, a lot of it's mostly history. So yes, it deserves its own thread.

i totally blame england...... for forming the USA. If it didnt there wouldnt be little chumps like you talking crap. Why doesnt the USA apologise for invading iraq, or having the biggest nuclear arms int he world or for inventing junk food or for most of its population being completely ignorant to other countries,

you wonder why 9/11 happened?!? Ignorant selfish americans is why it happend. Even if they killed half your population you would still be totally ignorant and selfish.
idiot

-----
Last edited by zzany1 at Oct 1, 2007,
Quote by jammoe

I think that would help.

Yes, the Caribbean was once a place with lots of slaves. But now it's not. Take the Turks and Caicos Islands for example (I live there). A slave ship wrecked on the reef of the country and the slaves survived and swam to shore. So in a sense, that country never ever had slaves. They raked salt and exported it to places, and that's how they became a civilization.

Besides, we have alot to thank of the British as well. Think about it, if we didn't win the Revolutionary War against them, would there be a United States of America right now (no offense to Brits, you're all my mates!)?
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
Page 1 of 3