yeah, i know most people will say dimarzio, but i honestly haven't ever been really impressed by them before, i love duncan JB's, buuut...i have a guitar with a JB/Jazz setup already, and i want something different, and a little more high gain, my ibanez is the standard fare ibanez, basswood body, with a quilt maple veneer (i'm 99% sure this won't affect tone being a veneer) with a locking trem, i'd really like a tad bit more sustain, but i want a pickup that can push my amp more because it's not that high gain, and i want it to be clear, but not as overtly trebly as the JB, and i want something that has harmonics that can be clear and jump out easily

on the neck pickup i'd like something that could balance the bridge pickup better, and do high gain legato runs, i like a liquid-y smooth distortion on the neck pickup though that has long sustain, but cleans up really nicely and has a p.a.f. type clean, if i have to roll back the volume a bit that is fine

i know that's alot to ask, and that's why i came to you guys for your opinions, i haven't ever tried out anything other than duncans before, i'd like you guy's opinions, thanks for any help
You really want Dimarzio Breeds, they're like evil mutant alien Pafs with special powers...or something like that. They do what you want anyway.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
thanks, i was actually thinking of trying those but didn't really know what they sound like, i know steve vai uses them , but that's about it

EDIT: would they be any more high gain or clear than stock ibanez's?
Last edited by Chad11491 at Oct 2, 2007,
They've fat and warm, but they have good clarity...they piss all ove Ibanez stocks. Sound a like this through a tube amp.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7157498&postcount=201
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
thanks alot, that really, really convinced me on those, plus their warranty's amazing, so if anything's not quite right i can swap them out , but i get teh feeling i probably won't have too, thanks, that's great help