Ok so i have decided im thinking seriouly concidering getting this amp thsi is my setup so far

squier strat
J&D RG copy i think
Squier SP 10 amp :'(
Electro Harmonix echoflanger (from1970)
Zoom G2.1u
Boss Ds.2

so im thinking of getting the EVJ as a new amp i know the amp i have now is bull shiat but i heard very very good things about the EVJ i would mainy use it bedroom and sometimes recording, i play mostly rockish and hardish music so any sugestions?
thnaks for help

mitchi
i like it, its a bit warm for my tastes, so im lookin for an eq, and its really loud, but it sounds really nice.
My Gear:
Fender Standard Strat w/Tex-mex pups
Epi Les Paul Jr.
Epi MM-20 mandolin
Yamaha FG-110
Boss SD-1
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Digitech RP80
Fender FM212R
Epi Valve Junior

Check Me Out:
Me
get an eq and a valve jr!
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
but for the price it shall kick the **** out of my SP in both sound, tone and volume?? will it be nice for the music i play??
yes
My Gear:
Fender Standard Strat w/Tex-mex pups
Epi Les Paul Jr.
Epi MM-20 mandolin
Yamaha FG-110
Boss SD-1
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Digitech RP80
Fender FM212R
Epi Valve Junior

Check Me Out:
Me
awesome so i'll look into getting an EQ as well im nto sure i'll try cut the guy a deal hopful he can give me one cheaper lol anything else about these amps ???
Quote by heavenishell
but for the price it shall kick the **** out of my SP in both sound, tone and volume?? will it be nice for the music i play??

I used to use a SP-10, just about anything will kick the **** out of it. Even an MG or spider.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
I think you'll like it. I'd suggest you at least check out the Palomino V8 before you buy. I like it better. It's got a gain, volume, and tone knob, as well as a bigger 10" speaker. It's a couple more dollars, but worth it in my opinion.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
hahahahaha yesh fari enough ok then im gona get one but i'll take it down to my local electrian an dget him tyo install a line out and or a extension jack so i can record it or make it louder in the future though

as for the Palomino V8 i haev not seen or heard of one in Australia(where i live) sorry
Honestly, try using the EQ's before you buy. I bought one for my VJ, biggest waste of $30 ever.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
At least get an OD with it, EQ would help too. You're not gonna get anything more than Classic Rock out of it without anything else pushing it, and even then it'll be at ungodly volumes.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
what do you mean by "hardish music"? my stock response about VJ's is that if you play anything heavier than classic rock, avoid it.

a peavey valveking royal 8 might be worth considering. you won't get anywhere near metal with it either, but it has a little more gain than a vj- i could see getting up to hard rock with it. Depends on your definitions of these genres, obviously.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
what do you mean by "hardish music"? my stock response about VJ's is that if you play anything heavier than classic rock, avoid it.

a peavey valveking royal 8 might be worth considering. you won't get anywhere near metal with it either, but it has a little more gain than a vj- i could see getting up to hard rock with it. Depends on your definitions of these genres, obviously.

I play Grunge/Alt with my Epi VJ, just Cort>Epi VJ>Fender BJ speaker.

Honestly, how much gain do you need? No, it won't do metal on it's own, but I think it can do everything else.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

br00talz gain.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by CORT noob
I play Grunge/Alt with my Epi VJ, just Cort>Epi VJ>Fender BJ speaker.

Honestly, how much gain do you need? No, it won't do metal on it's own, but I think it can do everything else.
Mine can do Black Sabbath, cranked, with buckers, and a Rangemaster. I dunno if your definition of Grunge coincides with my definition of Indie or something
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
Mine can do Black Sabbath, cranked, with buckers, and a Rangemaster. I dunno if your definition of Grunge coincides with my definition of Indie or something

Think Nirvana and Alice in Chains distortion, basically buckets.

I don't really like a heavily distorted tone though, but it is still very distorted.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

yeah well all i want is a really nice distroted rock sound im kinda wanna get into differnt genres besides metal now, because its not that pleasent gettign good sound and i wanna one of these babys
i have a vj with some mods and with my ts9 and the volume at about 3-4 o clock i can play anytihting. also if you do the marshall mods and stuff you could get it heavier
nah im not wishing to get heavy tones i just want a nice distorted tone that i can use for like classic rock thats possible right? i heard the EVJ cracks up beautifuly im going to play oen once i go into town soon
yeah, you should be ok. depends what you call classic rock of course.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah thanks dave i hope to try it out soon and have a final deside for my self but i will most likly get it
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
im probly goign to get the head and cabinet rather then the combo because aprantly they sounds better and my local music shop has one as well so i'll probly be gettign that look forward on tryign it i'm probly goign to get an EQ pedal , well i have these pedals so far tell me if i really need an eq,

Zoom G2.1u Multi Effects Processor
Boss DS2
Electro Harmonix Echoflanger(The full vintage one from 1970's)