anyone ever heard of it?

how much do they go for?
Quote by yawn
It just occurred to me that UG attracts a lot of socially isolated male teenagers with questionable psychological dispositions.

Quote by I'm_Guitarded
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Whip and Chains Excite Me!!

Got'em!
Linkme!
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
i cant find anything online officially about it
just stuff on forums

my friends frined uses one
Quote by yawn
It just occurred to me that UG attracts a lot of socially isolated male teenagers with questionable psychological dispositions.

Quote by I'm_Guitarded
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Whip and Chains Excite Me!!

Got'em!
It lets you change your floating trem into basically a hardtail bridge or a dive-only bridge. Very useful when breaking a string as the rest of the guitar will still be in tune. You can also put it to full-floating mode.
ive looked into one, when i was going to buy this one guitar i liked but had a floating bridge i was going to order one. i think they go for about 50 or 60 usd, and from what ive read they are very good, but ive never used one myself.
Pretty much overpriced part that could easily be replaced with a block of wood
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
its awesome. u can make it dive only or completely block or full floating within seconds. but diveonly isnt extremely stable and complete block isnt stable unless u use the little screws (not the thumb screws) that come with it.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
pssh, just freaking glue in a peice of wood behimd it so you cant raise up...
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
It's basically for people who can't make up their mind when it comes to hardtail vs. fixed bridge vs. floyd. I see the use for it, but it seems a bit superfluous.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
yea I agree, it kinda defies the point of a floating trem.
If your gonna get a guitar with a floating trem then use it...

and if you say I want the versatility. You know your gonna maybe use it in dive bomb only mode, or hard tail when you get lazy and dont wanna mess with the floating aspect of it.

IMO getting one of these only justifies that you got a guitar that doesnt suit you. Meh but with that being said I cant really talk, im definately a lazy person... but im not gonna spend 50$ on something that limits my guitars bridge so that it doesnt do what it was meant to

haha sorry I didnt mean to sound like a dick if thats how it came off
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
its good for swtiching between floating and fixed real quick. i love it. also good for changing tunings.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
tou could block your temolo with the new latest product... its relli cool. i used it and it so easy!

introducing... THE BLOCK OF WOOD!
price: free - $10000 ( you may want to try our new super grand BLOCK OF WOOD)
sold at anywere where they sell stuff
I can see the use on it, when you wont use the tremelo, then plunking it in hard-tail mode will increase sustain etc.

But TBH.....Id rather just use a block of wood when I want my guitar to act as hardtail.
Quote by edwardthegreat5
Pretty much overpriced part that could easily be replaced with a block of wood

not really. try getting a block of wood in and out in the amount of time it takes to adjust two screws. As long as you didn't have to jump straight from rhythm to solo, even a few bars' rest and you could conceivable play rhythm with the trem bar locked, and then unlock it for the solo.

though, it's not as easy to set up and use as the tremol-no videos imply. and with my gotoh trem, the deep-C (the thing which allows you to access dive-only mode) doesn't fit without impeding some of the up-pull.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
not really. try getting a block of wood in and out in the amount of time it takes to adjust two screws. As long as you didn't have to jump straight from rhythm to solo, even a few bars' rest and you could conceivable play rhythm with the trem bar locked, and then unlock it for the solo.

though, it's not as easy to set up and use as the tremol-no videos imply. and with my gotoh trem, the deep-C (the thing which allows you to access dive-only mode) doesn't fit without impeding some of the up-pull.

True, but if you have a crappy Edge III or something and can't afford a new trem, then the block of wood is for you.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
yeah. i was assuming you had a decent trem that you didn't want to block.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
so if you have a fender strat bridge and you want to switch between hardtail and dive only you can do this with a tremel-no??

i sometimes want it as a hardtail bridge, but sometimes as the standard strat bridge
i think it works with a strat bridge too, yeah, but best check on the website.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
I'm gonna murder the next person to spell tremOlo with an e.

Please do. Same with people who spell mahogany and versatile wrong.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i think it works with a strat bridge too, yeah, but best check on the website.

wasn't there another product that stops your strat's bridge from doing a dive every time you do a massive bend? Its not a tremol-no, but I can't remember the name.

Tremol-nos are decent, like someone else said, if you can't make up your mind between a floating trem or a fixed bridge, tremol-no is the best thing for you. But they are a bit expensive, and kind of hard to find in canada
tremsetter?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
tremsetter?

that's the one, I can never remember its name. The trem setter is pretty good for a strat. Most people i know who have strats install trem setters after a while
The tremolno is also useful in restringing, think about it...no more floyd sinking into the body while you restring. I got one for the project im working on. I think i got it for about 50 bucks...As much fun as it is to have a floyd, Im not gonna want it always on, and if i break a string during a song or something, i just reach behind my guitar, push the trem up a bit and close the screw. Plus i hear there are problems when you play chords with a floyd...
^ hold your horses, you have to have the tremol-no blocked before you break a string; what you're suggesting won't work.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^note i said push up the bridge a bit. It wont be exact but still better then the mess that comes after string breakage
no back plate plus block o wood equals= 18 cents
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Tremol-No's are great for changing between hardtail and trem on the fly. I have one, and it doesn it's job great. However, I'm coming through some hard times, and since I don't gig, I am bieng forced to sell it. Great piece of equipment if you have a set using mixed tunings. I would use mine to tune to drop D all the time.
Quote by cloud_x_13
^note i said push up the bridge a bit. It wont be exact but still better then the mess that comes after string breakage

possibly. i'd have thought if you're worried about breaking a string just go to hardtail mode to be honest.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ hold your horses, you have to have the tremol-no blocked before you break a string; what you're suggesting won't work.

don't they advertise that with the dive only mode you can still break a string without majorly affecting tuning tho?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
yeah, but you have to be in dive-only (or hardtail) mode before you break the string.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?