Page 1 of 3
wenever a guitarist says a douchey comment about bass its only because ther jealous guitar cant sound as cool as victor wootens **** or bassists like that. u cant zone out and relax while listen to guitar like u can bass.

Heres an example why bass > guitar

Victor Wooten
These threads are soooooo annoying. Bass elitists are almost as bad as feminists.

Tip: Stop victimizing yourself.
for every amazing bass solo you can post i can post an equally amazing guitar solo
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quote by MetalBass345
wenever a guitarist says a douchey comment about bass its only because ther jealous guitar cant sound as cool as victor wootens **** or bassists like that. u cant zone out and relax while listen to guitar like u can bass.

Victor Wooten

orly?
Calm down, silly four stringer.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Stop trying to be a troll, moron.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Quote by MetalBass345

Victor Wooten

Yes, sadly, it's true. All us guitarists are insanely jealous of bassists. It's a secret we've all been keeping too long. That would be.....if only our god, buckethead, did not exist! That's your plan, isn't that right, you bassists?! Going back in time to destroy buckethead? Bah, foiled your devious plan will be!
dude i play bass and agree with these guys. we just chose our intrument. no big. everything has their strengths get over it this is what you chose now you have to face it...
Quote by MetalBass345
this is type of people im talking about
He was instigating.
yes, very jealous
i really want to play root notes and stand at the back
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
I'm a guitarist and I LOVE bass, I love to hear good bass playing in songs, I love to play bass, I love good bass tone, etc.
We're only strays.
TS, get a life. It's a matter of opinion, and no cares about yours.
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!
Quote by RageAgainst...
for every amazing bass solo you can post i can post an equally amazing guitar solo

i will dare to say not equally amazing... twice-ly.... (if you could say that) amazing
Do violinists pick on contrabassists like this?

"My my Jermeny, the legato at the 17th measure was fantastic! I'd like to hear Harold play that on his bass violin ahuhuhuh!"
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
I'm a bassist.

I do not enjoy Victor Wooten's material. Everything I have heard sounds very un-musical, and I dislike his tone.
Honestly, I would rather listen to an amazing guitar solo, than listen to most bass solos.
The basses role is mostly to bind rhythm and melody, and keep the whole band grooving as a whole entity. If you can pull off insane lead lines, thats great, just do it right, and keep the groove going.
bass elitists and guitar elitists are both retarted

both intruments have their purpose, and are needed

I myself play both, but i play bass in my band
As a bassist, yea we have to take alot of **** compared to guitarists. But being a bass elitist isnt any better, in fact its hypocritical

my advice, stop giving a **** and just play your instrument

You are preachin' to the wronggg choir, boy.
welcome to the pit of ultimate-GUITAR.com
Keyword there being "guitar."
not 'bass.'
guitar.
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
omg GO AWAY. what is it tonight? every single thread has either been, elitist, idiotic, 2 chicks eating ****, pointless, those threads where the only word the ts types are "hi " JUST GO AWAY. no one cares that your so elitist that your grandma eats jews for breakfast. pack up your stuff, disconnect your internet, and go FAAAAAAR away. thats the 6th damn time ive had to say that tonight!
do you know why we diss bass?

because it has less strings than a guitar in most cases, you normally play one pathetic string at a time, and you manage to come up with threads that only get flamed..

conclusion: GUITAR!!!>>>>(bass)

!! zone out and relax to BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM you say?? yeah... NO. its like trying to mellow out while getting ass raped.
Quote by Lord_Of_Dance.

I never understood why a girl would take a boner as a bad thing "Oh no, your attracted to me, you sick wanker." :\ x

Quote by Nelsean
Im saying this the straightest way possible, but...

I'd have sexual intercourse with your anus.
Yaeh elite bassists have their moments. I like bass most of the time, but guitars can get way sicker and cooler tones than any bass I've heard. Besides if we really want the low tone of a bass we'll just throw are lows up and drop the tuning like Korn. As well bass is mainly for rythym. If you show me a really cool bass solo or fill like Flea of the Chili Peppers than hats of to you, but not many bassists are that good so just settle down and play your role.
Quote by Nickelbitch
do you know why we diss bass?

because it has less strings than a guitar in most cases, you normally play one pathetic string at a time, and you manage to come up with threads that only get flamed..

conclusion: GUITAR!!!>>>>(bass)

!! zone out and relax to BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM you say?? yeah... NO. its like trying to mellow out while getting ass raped.

you are a closeminded d*ck

go away

guitar is a great instrument
but bass is essential in nearly every genre of music
and if you pay attention at all you can see how versatile of an instrument it is.
its far from just BOOM BOOM BOOM

Quote by FireItUp714
you are a closeminded d*ck

go away

guitar is a great instrument
but bass is essential in nearly every genre of music
and if you pay attention at all you can see how versatile of an instrument it is.
its far from just BOOM BOOM BOOM

... i am already aware of the importance of bass. its that the thread is pointless, and i'm trying to make my point that threads declearing something that is not going to change, will be flamed.

and i'm not a di*k.
Quote by Lord_Of_Dance.

I never understood why a girl would take a boner as a bad thing "Oh no, your attracted to me, you sick wanker." :\ x

Quote by Nelsean
Im saying this the straightest way possible, but...

I'd have sexual intercourse with your anus.
ok...yes, these type of threads are ghey.
bass is a cool instrument.
guitar is a cool instrument.
all instruments are cool in my opinion. i play guitar and bass. i like both.
bass elitists are almost more dumb than guitar elitists. both suck. end of story.
if you check i also dismissed the thread, as arguements like this are stupid.
Bass and Guitar are two unique instruments and shouldnt be compared like this

but saying things like ZOMG it gotz less strings so it must be easier is stupid
also "guitar>>bass"
and "its all BOOM BOOM BOOM"

EDIT: to nickelbitch

Quote by FireItUp714
if you check i also dismissed the thread, as arguements like this are stupid.
Bass and Guitar are two unique instruments and shouldnt be compared like this

but saying things like ZOMG it gotz less strings so it must be easier is stupid
also "guitar>>bass"
and "its all BOOM BOOM BOOM"

EDIT: to nickelbitch
Newsflash: She doesn't actually believe that.
Newsflash- sarcasm is hard to pick up on when you're typing

how am i supposed to know, ive never seen her post before

Quote by yawn
These threads are soooooo annoying. Bass elitists are almost as bad as feminists.

Tip: Stop victimizing yourself.

HAHA... good one there Matt.

Anyways, I don't really think that the problem you are pointing out is really an issue over here these days.
we know a place no spaceships go
Quote by FireItUp714
Newsflash- sarcasm is hard to pick up on when you're typing

how am i supposed to know, ive never seen her post before
It was hard to tell she was being sarcastic in her first post, but she told you in her second post that she just said it to make a point.
Quote by High_o
yes, very jealous
i really want to play root notes and stand at the back

Wow, that statement was truly idiotic. Not EVERY bassist plays root notes and stands at the back of the stage. Usually it's just the ****ty ones that do that. Stop basing your opinions of a whole group of musicians on the bassists you generally hear in pop punk/emo bands and be more open-minded. Jesus christ.

Wait a minute, why the hell am I even arguing in here? These threads just turn into pointless flame-fests, and one side can never get the other to see it from their perspective. This entire thing is pointless.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
This is pointless. Guitar and bass are both equally wonderful instruments. They both have different uses. Why must we do this?
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Page 1 of 3