Well, it says it has higher output pups, and from what I can see, the tuners are Grover Kidneys, so it probably is a better guitar than the standard G-400. If you're going to mod it, I'm guessing you're going to put the trem arm on there, which I guess you could do. But, it won't be a walk in the park if you've never done anything like it before.
do it
epiphone is a quality company (owning a vintage g-400 myself, and loving it everyday, its been holding up well for a solid year and a half now) despite what people say
don;t buy into that "gibson is the only way to go" bull****, epiphone can even make better quality guitars than gibson, and with a pick-up swap(like i did with mine) you can have a guitar thats better than a gibson standard (the stock pickups are decent)
so definitely go for it .
Yeah well I've never done anything like that before, so I'm thinking of swapping the pick ups for angus and 57' rhythm.. then I don't really need a whammy, maybe, but I for sure want the 'tail peace' thats on the Angus Young SG.... Where exactly coud I buy jsut the tail peace from?