I was thinking of trying some Sonic Youth type experiments with weird tunings and prepared guitar type things, and thought on a cheapo guitar would be a good place to get into modding. What are the cheapest, most playable and easiest to mod guitars available in Australia?
Chief arsonist of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join
Probably a Squier Affinity Series Strat. They are alder, Routed H-S-H, and will take a fender neck.
Do they sound any good?
Chief arsonist of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join
something called a squier 51 i beleive. there getting harder to find. but are great for modding
Yup, the Squier '51 would be a great candidate for modding. Best bet would be eBay for finding one now
i dont think it mentioned the wood in the body.....which is usualy a bad sign. the squier i mentioned earlier goes anywhere from 50 to 100 dollars US. what all are you planning on doing to the guitar. if its not real seriosu then it may not matter to much what you get.