In my music theory class we are learning about cadences and I need some help. I get Perfect authentic but Imperfect and Half is where it gets confusing. Can someone explain them to me. And also for minor cadences when you have to build the V would you build it the right way: in amin the V would be E,G#,B or E,G,B
"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen"

Hellsing Organization

As you know, a Perfect Authentic Cadence is an Authentic Cadence where the V chord is in root position and the root of the V chord is in the soprano, then the V chord goes to the I chord in root position as well, with the root of the I chord being in the soprano. Essentially, an Imperfect Authentic Cadence is when either chord is no in root position and/or the root of either chord is in the soprano.

A Half Cadence is when a phrase ends with the V chord.

In A Minor, the V chord is E G# B because the V chord is major.
Sorry for the double post, but last night UG was being slow and wasn't loading so I wasn't able to change the mistakes I made. Here's what the last sentence of the first paragraph should read.

"Essentially, an Imperfect Authentic Cadence is when either chord is not in root position and/or the root of either chord is not in the soprano."
thanks
"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen"

Hellsing Organization