can i get a good alternative rock sound with this pedal and my strat and peavey valveking amp? I also have a tubescreamer ts9-dx and a boss ch-1 chorus pedal if that helps.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Ash Lite Stratocaster
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
planet waves tuner-ts9dx tubescreamer-metal muff-boss ce-5-delta labs dd1 delay
anybody?
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
The Smashing Pumpkins use a lot of the Big Muff, don't know if its the american or the russian version. Muse and Placebo, also big muff users. If u consider them alternative then hopefully that answers ur question.

BTW i hav the little big muff n it totally reigns supreme over the sovtek and the full size NYC model, plus it runs on a standard 9v adaptor jack, not the annoying EHX jack.
anybody else got some info on the ehx muff pedals and which one would be best? i mainly play stuff like bayside, anberlin and the almost. once in awhile some underoath and alittle heaveir stuff.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
the sovtek muff and the usa muff are both great, its personal preferance, if you wanna splash out though try an Englsih Muff'n, they have an awesome crispy tone!!
ok cool any other takes on this?
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
maybe ask this question in the Electro-harmonix users guild. Plenty people in there will offer their advice .
It depends on what sound you're going for

USA-Smoother, is what Smashing Pumpkins, Dinosaur Jr., Frusciante use
Russian-Grittier, darker (More suited for a bass but works well with guitar). Is what Sonic Youth, Gilmour used
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild