SO... comic readers/ creators, discuss here: comic strips, comic books, graphic novels, webcomics, etc. Join the group in my sig too. Post your own work if you want, talk about favorites/ least favorites, etc. Anything from "The Spirit" to "Maus," and "Calvin and Hobbes" to "Bone." (those are the 2 GN's I know of enough to name ).

GO.

Personally, my favorite of all time is "Calvin and Hobbes." I have lots of reasons for this that I really don't feel like delving too deep into, for the reason that it basically got me into comics, influenced my drawing style, writing style, vocabulary, philosophy, etc. Without it, I know I'd be a different person, drawing influence instead on "Garfield" or Dr. Seuss.

OK GO. AGAIN.
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
I like The Far Side comics.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Do we have any cartoonists in the audience?
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

<//////>~
Quote by crazynickman
Do we have any cartoonists in the audience?

*crickets*

*Man stands up* "HEY! I'm a car-"

*gunshot*

No....there aren't....>=[

I personally love, when it comes to newspaper comics, Dilbert, Beatle Bailey, Foxtrot, Zits, Rhymes with Orange, and a few more.

Brewster Rockit Space Guy isn't bad, either.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
i write a strip about a guy who has to stand on his head all day and talks to a bird

just kidding i drew half a strip then got angry and threw it out

can this include webcomics or is there already a group for that?
Quote by poopmonster
i write a strip about a guy who has to stand on his head all day and talks to a bird

just kidding i drew half a strip then got angry and threw it out

can this include webcomics or is there already a group for that?

Chris you freak.

Yes this includes webcomics. I told you that. I TOLD you that. ALREADY.
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~
^With webcomics I like C&H.

Although sometimes they aren't that funny.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by myself101
^With webcomics I like C&H.

Although sometimes they aren't that funny.

Cynaide and Happiness, not Calvin and Hobbes, right?

I like Dinosaur Comics, the older Married To The Sea's, Achewood, and Diesel Sweeties I read once and it was ok.

Edit- and VG Cats
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~
Dinosaur comics, Perry Bible Fellowship comics, and who could forget David Lynch's "Angriest dog in the world"? :P
Amory Wars, anyone?

EDIT: Acidhammerdrums, I didn't see your post beforehand.
Nikolas
Quote by crazynickman
Cynaide and Happiness, not Calvin and Hobbes, right?

Yeah thats it.

Anybody remember the UG comic thread?
<//////>~
Edit- Of course, too bad it lost steam^

Quote by piratemetalhead
Dinosaur comics, Perry Bible Fellowship comics, and who could forget David Lynch's "Angriest dog in the world"? :P

Are you perhaps refering to the dog who is so angry he cannot move? He cannot eat? He cannot sleep? He can just barely growl? Bound so tightly with tension and anger, he approaches the state of rigor mortis?

May have heard of it.
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~
noone can ever forget anything david lynch has made. a man tried once in the italy and he was struck down by the laws of nature

a reeeally good webcomic is A Lesson Is Learned but the Damage is Irreversible, they don't update it anymore but the archives are still up and the art is gorboubououefhou
Quote by poopmonster
noone can ever forget anything david lynch has made. a man tried once in the italy and he was struck down by the laws of nature

a reeeally good webcomic is A Lesson Is Learned but the Damage is Irreversible, they don't update it anymore but the archives are still up and the art is gorboubououefhou

I should check that out. Thanks for never telling me about it before
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~
Quote by acidhammerdrums
Warren Ellis, anyone?

Planetary
Thunderbolts (post Civil War)
n.e.x.t. wave
... to name a few.

you can add Fell there...
yeah, i like his new Thunderbolts. its always fun to root for the bad guys.

on more mainstream comics, Thunderbolts and Iron Fist are really written and drawn very well. too bad they dont get much hype (well, they actually dont get any hype at all).

Graphic novel-wise, Watchmen is still the standard imo. ongoing series that are better collected on trades are 100 Bullets, Walking Dead, and probably Fables
Jong

Strat, V847a, OCDv3, Carbon Copy, DD-5, Flying Dragon, EL84 amp
Well, me and some of my friends have been writing and creating a webcomic for ages now We're probably going to go live sometime this year, which is going to be kick ass.
Quote by myself101
I like The Far Side comics.

Another person who appreciates Gary Larson!

I also love the Hellblazer and 100 Bullets series of comi... i mean "Graphic Novels"!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
Another person who appreciates Gary Larson!

One of the most innovative cartoonists of the 80s...and that was a big decade for comics (Berke Breathed with "Bloom County," Bill Watterson with "Calvin and Hobbes," Garry Trudeau was still going strong with "Doonesbury" etc). I don't think "The Far Side" would've been nearly as good if it was a 4-panel...even though sometimes he had to divvy the box into smaller panels, the one-panel kept the element of surprise so well. Space is timing in the comics, as Bill Watterson once said.
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~