Now I know most of you are clueless, but I'm sure there's someone here that knows about cars.
I found this listing for a couple cars.

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/car/436663057.html

I am considering trading one of my nice guitars, or just buying it.

I know nothing about the renault cars. This would be my first vehicular transport, so I don't need anything fancy. Should I be wary? I would be willing to put some additional money into it if need be.

Also, Anyone know anything about acquiring a title for a car? What part of the car is actually issued the title? Could I swap the bodies between the two cars?

Thanks in advance.
It needs a bit of work, and is a manual transmission. It's most likely not worth it. Getting a title for a car with no former title is a bitch and a half, and a headgasket replacement, although a medim-hard job is a bitch too.
Edit: Also it has no Carbeurator so it won't put gas in to the engine. Look for equal values that are good cars. Parts car =/= daily transportation
Quote by darkstar2466
Ollieyoufool seems like a self-made man.

Quote by MightyAl
If you punched through plasterboard, I'm pretty sure you can fill it.
If you punched through bricks, why are you scared of your dad?
Main thing to look out for parts availability. Being an old Renault, I advise against it.
Ibanez RG350dx
Ibanez AF85 Artcore VLS
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
as a first car, I personally would look to something a little newer and more reliable. Those look like a project to me. I think they are unibody cars which means you can't swap the body. If you goto a tag and title place they should be able to get a title for you, or at least tell you what you need to do.

and the way to tell what ar a title goes to is the VIN number located on the dash and drivers door, and possibly a few other places, not sure if there are any more on those cars
Not the way I play guitar hero. I 5 stared free bird on the first try! Ima be a rock star..... as soon as my parents buy me a guitar.
is that $650 for both of them? If the only thing wrong with the yellow one is the head gasket you could get it running even without the other car. Otherwise you can probably get most of the parts you need from the other car.

Be prepared to spend a whole lot more than $650 on labor to get it running if you can't do it yourself though.
Here's a phrase for you to consider.

French engineering.

Ok, have that in mind? Now, here's the simple truth of the matter. Those cars will get fairly good gas mileage, if you tune them correctly, 35-40 should be easily attainable. Now, that's their only advantage. Renault is not known for building things to exacting and precise standards, quality will not be abundant. Note the replaced head gasket with 34,000 miles?
Heck, you may as well buy a Vega, it at least looks better.

Next, we get into the economics of the situation. First of all, you will be stuck with a parts car. That's fine and dandy if you have a place to put it, but it will be a real nuisance really quickly.

In all honestly, these cars are basically a waste of money. Some better alternatives will be late 80's and early 90's Toyota, Honda, Mazda, and Nissan sub-compacts, such as Corollas and Civics. You can get them for less than $1000, and get them into solid running condition for another $500. These cars are somewhat attractive, are known for lasting forever, get good gas mileage, and have aftermarket and replacement part supplies.

Few cars bought for under $2000 will be in very good running shape, and will generally cost a fair amount of money to get into solid condition.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Quote by AngusX
Here's a phrase for you to consider.

French engineering.

Ok, have that in mind? Now, here's the simple truth of the matter. Those cars will get fairly good gas mileage, if you tune them correctly, 35-40 should be easily attainable. Now, that's their only advantage. Renault is not known for building things to exacting and precise standards, quality will not be abundant. Note the replaced head gasket with 34,000 miles?
Heck, you may as well buy a Vega, it at least looks better.

Next, we get into the economics of the situation. First of all, you will be stuck with a parts car. That's fine and dandy if you have a place to put it, but it will be a real nuisance really quickly.

In all honestly, these cars are basically a waste of money. Some better alternatives will be late 80's and early 90's Toyota, Honda, Mazda, and Nissan sub-compacts, such as Corollas and Civics. You can get them for less than $1000, and get them into solid running condition for another $500. These cars are somewhat attractive, are known for lasting forever, get good gas mileage, and have aftermarket and replacement part supplies.

Few cars bought for under $2000 will be in very good running shape, and will generally cost a fair amount of money to get into solid condition.

Ditto.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Get a corolla yeah, heaps of parts, go good, reliable too.
Ibanez RG350dx
Ibanez AF85 Artcore VLS
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"