Okay maybe not an expert but my laptop takes AGES loading up IE and Firefox after switching the laptop on. Apart from that its fairly quick at most things. What is the reason behind this and how do i fix it. I do regular spyware checks etc.
Maybe FF has too many extensions? Too many extensions will make FF heavier.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

is it right after it turns on? like when its booting? if so then goto start>run>msconfig>startup and disable some things to allow it to boot up quicker
Not the way I play guitar hero. I 5 stared free bird on the first try! Ima be a rock star..... as soon as my parents buy me a guitar.
Are you close to out-of-range on your wireless network? The signal strength might be low.
So good to see you once again.
I thought that you were hiding.
And you thought that I had run away.
Chasing the tail of dogma.
I opened my eye and there we were .
i agree with RPMurph, chances are theres too much **** starting up when you turn your comp on. when i had norton installed, i had the same issues. so if you have norton, maybe thats whats wrong. if not, try disabling something else.
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
Also, press CTRL ALT DEL and check the usage of your CPU. It should be under 4% most of the time.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

are u on the same connection as some one else, cause it could be as simple as being on the same connection as a heavy downloader.
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

mcROFL
firefox has too many extensions that is probally the problem. and ie sux thats that...
Quote by Pilots
Discrepancy: While at 110 KIAS and 35 deg AOB with full right pedal, trims would not keep helicopter in correct Outer roll loop.

Corrective action:
Could not duplicate on ground. 11A799. NPPC
Here's the best fix, but it's not for the weak at heart, first you open up a DOS prompt, then you type the following

Format C:\

Then just select yes, and your computer is instantly faster.

In all reality, it probably has to do with the programs and the plug-ins you have. As you add more and more features to a browser it will quickly become a large cumbersome program, and, thus, loads slowly. Your best bet is to trim of anything you don't use.

Aside from that, you may have too many background tasks running, which you can tell from CPU and memory usage.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
What are the PC's specs? Probably needs a CPU/RAM/HDD upgrade.

It's hard to troubleshoot stuff when you're not actually there. I'm a trainee IT technician myself.
45 days without my precious UG...
CURSE YOU LOLWUT PEAR!!!

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army
Quote by AngusX

Format C:\

very nice
Quote by Pilots
Discrepancy: While at 110 KIAS and 35 deg AOB with full right pedal, trims would not keep helicopter in correct Outer roll loop.

Corrective action:
Could not duplicate on ground. 11A799. NPPC
Someone is stealing your megahurtz. Download MOAR RAM!
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
FF does use a lot of memory, so this can be an issue on older pc's. Try defragmenting your your harddrive for an overall system boost.
I wanna grow up to be a debaser