Right here.

I'm only applying to CSU's, though, and they require one similar essay and the basic GPA/SAT score combo. So, I'm not stressing.
Applied last year. Man, was that a stressful time. Successful, nonetheless.
Quote by larry jones
Right here.

I'm only applying to CSU's, though, and they require one similar essay and the basic GPA/SAT score combo. So, I'm not stressing.

haha niceeee

I'm applying to UC's and I'm really not liking the essay prompt but whatever
Quote by beadhangingOne
haha niceeee

What are the UC essays this year?

Also, what UC's are you applying to? With your GPA and SAT score, I could probably tell you which ones you could get into.
im prolly gonna do the JC then transfer to the UC program but i still gotta write the essays for english. and im stressing over those just as much as if i was going straight to a UC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Quote by HyperBoy2519
im prolly gonna do the JC then transfer to the UC program but i still gotta write the essays for english. and im stressing over those just as much as if i was going straight to a UC
Your teacher would hate me for saying this, but if you're going to a JC first, then you really don't have to worry about high school at all. Just graduate, and you're fine. When you apply to the UCs as a junior, they won't care about your HS grades at all.
All I can say is if you're a senior and you plan on applying then DO IT NOW

NOW, boy, because I waited and hit the deadline and they said they would take me but they didn't have enough space for me. "By going to another University of Texas school for a year you can reserve your place at our campus for the following year". It broke my heart and all because I couldn't get my shit together sooner. So apply as soon as possible so you don't end up going to a school you hate like me.

And now everytime I drive by UT I feel like i'm seeing an exboyfriend.
It's horrendously stressful when you're applying for college and stuff. I applied last year and here I am now at UCSC! Best of luck to you guys!
Got METAL?

Quote by metacarpi
However, if we're being all grown up about this (in the pit?) walkingonspikes is dead on
Did it last year; applied to four schools. Made it into and with patience I received a scholarship to the University of Michigan aka my #1 choice.

Best of luck to you in doing the same (getting into your #1 at a price better than you could've possibly predicted).
Quote by beadhangingOne
haha niceeee

How well are your SATs? If you just take them and get them out of the way, you can take the ACT and get a good score on it.

I got a 1560 PSAT. Then, I got a 32 on the ACT, which is like a 2130 SAT, so you should give it a shot.
Quote by walkingonspikes
It's horrendously stressful when you're applying for college and stuff. I applied last year and here I am now at UCSC! Best of luck to you guys!

how do you like santa cruz dude? thats like my number one choice..is it chill?
#14 Member of the "Linkin Park Sucks" Club. PM Whstripesrox to join

I had a friend named Lee. He cast a spell, a spell on me. If me and Lee and KG could be free, flying free tenaciously.
Quote by yawn

Also, what UC's are you applying to? With your GPA and SAT score, I could probably tell you which ones you could get into.

The essay prompt is something like "describe the world you come from" and like "describe a personal talent/accomplishment" or something like that.

I've got a 2090 on my SAT (I'm takin' it again lol)

and since UC's calculate your 10th + 11th grade GPA, mine is 4.04
Quote by beadhangingOne
The essay prompt is something like "describe the world you come from" and like "describe a personal talent/accomplishment" or something like that.
Hm, the former sounds pretty lame. They've always got one like the latter though.

Quote by beadhangingOne
I've got a 2090 on my SAT (I'm takin' it again lol)

and since UC's calculate your 10th + 11th grade GPA, mine is 4.04
Not bad. My friend had pretty much the same SAT score and a higher GPA, and he got into UCLA. I had a higher SAT score and a notably lower GPA, and I got into UCI. I'd say UCI would probably accept (provided you have good essays and strong extra-curricular background), everything under would definitely accept (provided you have decent essays), UCSD and UCLA might accept (provided you have strong essays and good extra-curricular background), and maybe UCB (provided you have very good essays and a shitload of extra-curriculars).
Quote by yawn
Hm, the former sounds pretty lame. They've always got one like the latter though.

Not bad. My friend had pretty much the same SAT score and a higher GPA, and he got into UCLA. I had a higher SAT score and a notably lower GPA, and I got into UCI. I'd say UCI would probably accept (provided you have good essays and strong extra-curricular background), everything under would definitely accept (provided you have decent essays), UCSD and UCLA might accept (provided you have strong essays and good extra-curricular background), and maybe UCB (provided you have very good essays and a shitload of extra-curriculars).

thanks for the advice

Well, I'm doing community service and I do volunteer work at a hospital. I also play guitar (obviously) and take classical guitar lessons. Plus I'm in the ping-pong/badminton club at my school. Do you think that's gonna be enough?
Quote by beadhangingOne
thanks for the advice

Well, I'm doing community service and I do volunteer work at a hospital. I also play guitar (obviously) and take classical guitar lessons. Plus I'm in the ping-pong/badminton club at my school. Do you think that's gonna be enough?
Hospital volunteer service is always good. How many hours of community service have you done? Hopefully you didn't just start this year, lol. I myself had about 140 hours. Lots of Key Club. o.O
Quote by blackflag49
Tell me!

SAT: 2100

10th and 11th grade GPA: 3.7ish
That's actually pretty close to my academic stats. I had a slightly higher SAT (10 short of 2200) and about the same GPA. With 140 hours of community service and three strong essays, I got into UCI, but not UCLA or UCB. I didn't apply to UCSD, but if you have strong essays and leadership/service background, you might get in. You can expect to get into UCSB or UCD with decent essays and some community service, and you're pretty much set for all the others provided your essays don't suck.
Already applied early decision to Virginia Tech. Their application was a piece of cake: no letters of recommendation, no referrals, optional 200-word-max essay (I did it). I may well have been the first applicant for the Fall 2008 semester (I sent it in August).
Quote by yawn

Damn, I'll never get into UCB then

I have a 1960 (1390 reading/math) and about 4.1GPA throughout high school. First choice is Cornell but I don't have any extra curriculars and I'm taking SAT's again on Saturday..
Quote by yawn

F*ckin UCs. LA, SD, and Cal are all so unpredictable. Even if you are the god of academia, you may not get in.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
F*ckin UCs. LA, SD, and Cal are all so unpredictable. Even if you are the god of academia, you may not get in.
What's UC Cal? o.O

Anyways, they just wanted to make sure you're well-rounded.

Which is good for people like me, who have GPA's under 4.0.
Quote by yawn
What's UC Cal? o.O

Anyways, they just wanted to make sure you're well-rounded.

Which is good for people like me, who have GPA's under 4.0.

Cal is UC Berkeley. Yea, my weighted was like 3.9, so I wasn't a stud or anything, but I got into all of them except LA and Berkeley. My friend, who was one of the valedictorians, had a GPA way over 4.0, and she didn't get into LA or Berkeley either. Go figure.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Yep..probably going to apply to Georgetown and University of Miami for my top choices and University of Louisville as safe school.
Currently I'm applying to SUNY Oneonta, and Syracuse University.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by darkstar2466
Cal is UC Berkeley. Yea, my weighted was like 3.9, so I wasn't a stud or anything, but I got into all of them except LA and Berkeley. My friend, who was one of the valedictorians, had a GPA way over 4.0, and she didn't get into LA or Berkeley either. Go figure.
Yeah, a UC representative told me about incidents in which students with high GPAs blow off their essays cause they think they'll get in regardless. Not saying your friend did that, though. Maybe she didn't have much extracurricular background...
Quote by yawn
Yeah, a UC representative told me about incidents in which students with high GPAs blow off their essays cause they think they'll get in regardless. Not saying your friend did that, though. Maybe she didn't have much extracurricular background...

Oh, believe me, she did have a lot of extracurricular background. Whatever though, she's happy here at Davis. As am I.

Quote by blackflag49
I have no extracurriculars at all...maybe I can lie. I switched schools junior year, maybe they won't find out.

I'm thinking - Colgate, UMass, some UC schools, and my dream school: USC

USC is in a ghetto-ass neighborhood.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
I got into the school of my dreams last year and haven't had a bad day yet. Life rules.
Electrolytes Smell Like Semen...