Page 1 of 2
I think Of Mice and Men needs a sequel. Write one for me, UG. Please.

EDIT: ****ing pronoun had no antecedent.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Last edited by abcdboy at Oct 2, 2007,
The guy who shot the retard spends the rest of his life in prison with a 7 foot tall extremely muscular black man for a cell mate.
George Milton goes on to fight crime on the streets of New York City, whilst Lennie is reincarnated by a coven of witches, and becomes elected president of the United States.
Curley's wife leaves Curley and goes to Canada with George. George makes it big with the Porcupine Gold Rush (see wikipedia). George starts a farm where he raises rabbits and erects a large statue of lennie.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
Last edited by yoshixxx7 at Oct 2, 2007,
Am I the only one who gets the feeling this is an english task you can't be arsed to do?
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
Am I the only one who gets the feeling this is an english task you can't be arsed to do?

no....

how about George does an evil ritual by sacrificing the guy with the vaseline glove and raises Lennie back to life as a brain eating zombie who goes on a rampage around southern america.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by Dinkydaisy

Of Mice and Men is like a middle school book, dude.

Anyways...According to research, Steinback ended it so he could get some quick cash for some beer. What a jerk.
Gear...
haha we just did this book in english. ( Grade 9 )
Member of Australia FTW Club !

BASS RIG BUDGET $245 / $4900

Quote by UG
thank you zackR .
I couldnt care less if its a 'middle school' or 'grade 9' (whatever ages they are, I have no clue) It was a damn good book.

And good to Steinback for getting beer money out of a book, which happened to turn in to a classic.
I think 'Of Mice and Men' needs to be taken out of the school curriculum. It's a poor book to study and should have been ousted decades ago. Shit, even when my MOTHER was in school (y'know, back when they hunted Dinosaurs and stuff) the book was old and was viewed as a poor book to study.
I didn't have a signature until now.
George becomes Mr Universe and then goes on to Mr Olympia. His steroid abuse later comes back to haunt him...
Rule number three: Never open the package

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!
Of Mice and Men is the only book I ever actually enjoyed. If you want to read a pointless book, read Huck Finn. There are large portions of that book rendered entirely unreadable, I literally wanted to go back in time and push Mark Twain into the Mississippi for writing words for Jim, those parts were unreadable, and pointless.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Quote by Mud Martian
George Milton goes on to fight crime on the streets of New York City, whilst Lennie is reincarnated by a coven of witches, and becomes elected president of the United States.

HAHAHA. I wonder if ANYONE got that besides me... that actually made me laugh, and I'm in school. Thanks!
Quote by Mud Martian

Too realistic!
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by AngusX
Of Mice and Men is the only book I ever actually enjoyed. If you want to read a pointless book, read Huck Finn. There are large portions of that book rendered entirely unreadable, I literally wanted to go back in time and push Mark Twain into the Mississippi for writing words for Jim, those parts were unreadable, and pointless.
MArk Twain is a great author. Maybe you should learn how to read.

Of Mice and Men is a good book too. I really enjoyed it.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by AngusX

what you are referring to are the coloquialisms. and it takes an american english genius to write with them that accurately. just because your not intelligent to understand it, doesnt mean its bad.
Quote by Scourge
I think 'Of Mice and Men' needs to be taken out of the school curriculum. It's a poor book to study and should have been ousted decades ago. Shit, even when my MOTHER was in school (y'know, back when they hunted Dinosaurs and stuff) the book was old and was viewed as a poor book to study.

I don't mean to totally shoot you down and say something completely opposite to your oppinion....but that's what I'm going to do. I really liked the book, and steinbeck's writing style doesn't have to be a new sounding style. That's how his writing style is, and a lot of people(including me) enjoy it. No I don't think it should be taken out of the school system, because it's a perfect example of the writing style of the time(although The Grapes of Wrath would be a better pick from steinbeck's work). You have your opinion, and I respect it, I can see where you're coming from, but I just have to disagree.(that's me saying,"Please don't ban me!")
Quote by Mud Martian

..and now goes by the name George W...
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Last edited by [x]Huffy[x] at Oct 2, 2007,
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']..He is then turned white in a freak bleach accident, and now goes by the name George W...Lennie was white? Right?

Edit: Yeah he was because he was allowed to sleep in the bunk house with the rest of the men, while Crooks (who was black) had a room seperate in the stable.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Last edited by element4433 at Oct 2, 2007,
Quote by element4433
Lennie was white? Right?

I stand corrected. I haven't read the book since my GCSE's last year...
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']I stand corrected. I haven't read the book since my GCSE's last year... Yeah, read my edit. That explains it.

I read it last year too
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
Yeah, read my edit. That explains it.

I read it last year too

Note: If I put *-) will you sig me? haha.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

Quote by chea_man
what you are referring to are the coloquialisms. and it takes an american english genius to write with them that accurately. just because your not intelligent to understand it, doesnt mean its bad.

I got flamed. I fail to see the point where a genius of the literary arts is required to write down broken English. Care to elaborate on where an above average knowledge of the English language comes into play when chopping words into sections with apostrophes and ripping out letters. Of course, maybe that's 'cause I grew up around that language. Since I'm such a raving dolt, care to elaborate on the matter?
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Quote by abcdboy
Of Mice and Men is like a middle school book, dude.

Anyways...According to research, Steinback ended it so he could get some quick cash for some beer. What a jerk.

I didn't read it till grade... 8 or 9. Which is Junior High/High School for me.

Either way. It ended where it needed to. The book was horrible enough, we don't need a sequel.
Spiral Out
Do your own english assignment, kido.

Here's an idea. George spirals into depression. Take it.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by chea_man

If I had grammar and spelling like yours, I'd be a little more careful about kicking down on other peoples intelligence.

The book is actually really good, and there's a lot of symbolics in it aswell, although your average student might not pick up on it (I barely picked up on some of it when we read it last year, or actually we watched the movie in class , but I had read it earlier. But then our religions teacher went through it throughly later, which helped a lot.
Quote by HumanitysDeath
I didn't read it till grade... 8 or 9. Which is Junior High/High School for me.

Either way. It ended where it needed to. The book was horrible enough, we don't need a sequel.

Middle school is Junior high.

House season 4 episode 2. Watch it.
Gear...
Maybe zombies? Like Curly's wife and Lennie come back from the dead and get married?
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Lenny is awakened from the dead after 40 years by a troupe of evil roaming midgets, and decides to take his revenge on George for killing him. He becomes an alcoholic, binging on french wine, and while drunk, he can preform feats of strength even greater than when he was first alive.

Title: Of Mice and the Grapes of Wrath
The Ghost of Carlsons wife and lenny unite into a super ghost who go around stealing rabbits and tending the living poop out of them until George discovers the ghost of Aunt Clair haunting natives in the polynisian islands tells her to come and end the rabbit tending rampage. She sucseeds, but upon getting bored again haunts an unprepared jefferson airplne into the worst band in the history of music.

What now?!?
Or, how about Of Grapes and Man Wrath?
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Quote by AngusX
Or, how about Of Grapes and Man Wrath?

Or Wrath of Man Grapes. Lulz.
Gear...
Quote by abcdboy
Or Wrath of Man Grapes. Lulz.

Holy SH|T that is the bees knees.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Quote by AngusX
I got flamed. I fail to see the point where a genius of the literary arts is required to write down broken English. Care to elaborate on where an above average knowledge of the English language comes into play when chopping words into sections with apostrophes and ripping out letters. Of course, maybe that's 'cause I grew up around that language. Since I'm such a raving dolt, care to elaborate on the matter?

Would you please write a book, and allow all of us to decide it your a better writer than Mark Twain.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Note: If I put *-) will you sig me? haha. No only select few who post the punx face get sigged.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by yoshixxx7
Curley's wife leaves Curley and goes to Canada with George. George makes it big with the Porcupine Gold Rush (see wikipedia). George starts a farm where he raises rabbits and erects a large statue of lennie.

Curley's wife got killed....
^
She comes back to life.

She was faking it anyways
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by chea_man
Would you please write a book, and allow all of us to decide it your a better writer than Mark Twain.

Ok, I'll write one specifically for high school English teachers to assign as a two-month reading project.

John at the Store

John is at the store. He likes apples. Apples are red. Blood is red. Sally has blood. John likes to eat red things. John ate Sally. Sally had AIDS, so John died two weeks later.

Then, I'll even attach a post-read assignment. It goes like this, why did Sally dead?

I never said that the rest of the book didn't require writing ability, nor did I say that I didn't like Mark Twain. I was trying to allude to the fact that I disliked the fact that I had to read this book as a school assignment, especially the analysis of Jim's speeches. I'd much rather, however, read a book that you wrote. Then we can judge if you're a better writer than Mark Twain.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Page 1 of 2