Basically i have about $1200 Australian - odd $900 US i think, cbf going to a converter but around that price range. Anyways want to buy a new guitar. In this one I want a floyd rose, not too fussed about pick-ups as long as they're not ****house, maybe EMG's or SD's. Would like dual humbuckers but not necessary. Don't really care about the wood and such used.

I play mainly metalcore, some melodic shred like Vai, Petrucci etc. Main bands i play are BTBAM, Parkway, Zao, Mourningtide etc. I also want a good clean tone though.

Gear atm is a jackson JS20 Dinky, run through an old as **** fender champ ( buying a good amp is next on my list).

Guitars I've been looking at are the Jackson Pro series Dk2s Dinky w/sustaniac, an Ibanez or maybe a Schecter Hellraiser c1 Fr. Ive tried out the Jackson Pro Series Dk2s with Sd's and the Sustaniac and that was just fun, some Ibanez Prestige i can't remember the model, and a few lower range schecters cause the store didn't have the hellraiser in stock. I liked the Jackson better than the Schecters, but i am used to Jackson's, and im sure the Schecter's i tried don't compare to the hellraiser from what ive heard.

So yea if you don't mind I'd like some opinions please
Last.fm

I saw tail lights, last night, in a dream about my old life
Everybody leaves so why, why wouldn't you?
Thats almost 1100 US with current exchange rates.

Amp should be first, but a dk2 is a good buy too.
Current Gear
Ibanez RG1570 - Going bye bye
Jackson DK2 - Eventually will be replaced with Maton Mastersound
Peavey valveking 212
Various EHX and Boss effects
Woo Jackson.
Metal Head

One Day, We'll All Go Into The Water.
Go, Into The Water, Live There, Die There.

Gear
Squier Stratocaster
Jackson Pro Series Kelly
Jackson Dinky Sustaniac
Roland Cube 60
Peavey Triple XXX Stack
you can buy the best guitar in the world and if your amp is ****ty, you might as well have a $50 instrument. buy a good amp and your current guitar will sound 1000000000000³ times better.
Might be a stupid question, but wtf is "pl0x"?
Current Gear
Peavey valveking 212
i can get the amp to sound decent - it's not terrible, just not as good as i'd like. how about some advice on the guitars?

also btw pl0x was used sarcastically im pretty sure its the first time ive ever said it.
- its what the cool kids use instead of please
Last.fm

I saw tail lights, last night, in a dream about my old life
Everybody leaves so why, why wouldn't you?
Seriously, get a decent tube amp...
Current Gear
Peavey valveking 212
in your head you think oh this is the sound i like and want because that's all you know..

I bought a jackson dk2m, beaeutiful white guitar, but i wish i had bought a tube instead
You could get a frikkind Ibanez JEM and there will be no difference. I suggest you spend that money on a tube amp. I know you're dying to get a new axe but you have to listen to the people here. No offense but most of them know what they're talking about a lot more than you do.

..I had to learn it the hard way and spend most of my money on a guitar rather than an amp and now I'm buying a new one because it sucks balls.
G&L Legacy Special -> Line 6 TonePort GX -> Gearbox\GR2

Fender DG-19 Acoustic
the prices arent exact exchange rates. their higher in aus because of import costs and ****. if a guitar is $700 american, it'll most likely be over $1300 aud
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer