Has anyone taken it before? Im planning on taking it but my parents read the whole ipledge program booklet and they think that after taking it ill think about killing myself. They know im sane but yet they get all scared about the side effects that never happen. If anyone has taken this before could you tell me that nothing happened in terms of emotional stability.
Gear:
Ibanez RG2ex2
mega distortion md-2
Metal Muff
Marshall MG microstack
Line 6 spyder hd75 halfstack
Sonic Stomp
Schecter Damien 6
i had a friend take it and not long after she had spots on her liver. apparenlty it was from the accutane.
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
i took it when i was sixteen. for the year i was on it, it sucked major balls. my skin would peel all over my body and no matter how much chap stick you use, your lips will be always cracked and bleeding. i actually did get pretty depressed while i was on it, i dont know if it was the drug or just growin up as a teen, but i was usually not happy. now that ive been done with a for a few years i can look back and see how great it worked, but until you're done with it its gonna suck.
i had it for 6 months

best thing i eva did in my life. no side effects cept for a bit of sensetive skin

do it
Quote by Ed Hunter
Kick your brother in his penis adorned head.
wow so its all mixed, i hear that some are ok and some get physical and emotional problems.. well i seriously want to get this whole acne problem just dealt with so i dont have to mess around with it anymore. i really want to get this started.
Gear:
Ibanez RG2ex2
mega distortion md-2
Metal Muff
Marshall MG microstack
Sonic Stomp
Schecter Damien 6
I'm on it now. I've had some moments of "depression," but I think that it's coincidence (basically best friends becoming enemies and then friends again, etc.), and not the Accutane. My skin is dry, but it's mainly the lips that are the problem. Lotion takes care of the face, and chapstick does a decent enough job for my lips. Just remember to take the chapstick with you, because you need to apply it a LOT.

And the side effects about suicide and stuff are nothing to be concerned about. I don't remember the statistics my dermatologist gave me, but it was something EXTREMELY insignificant. If you're at all rational and intelligent, you won't have to worry about anything. I know two people who've taken Accutane with zero problems (except for dryness), and one of them knows about five others who took it, and THEY had no problems either (except for dryness).

I'm starting my third month on it today basically, and everyone's noticed a massive improvement. So go for it!!! Just remember to stock up on lotion and chapstick. And avoid alcohol and Vitamin A.
thanks a bunch that kinda relieved some of my worries. do you have to do like monthly blood checks?
Gear:
Ibanez RG2ex2
mega distortion md-2
Metal Muff
Marshall MG microstack
Sonic Stomp
Schecter Damien 6
i only had to do 3 monthly blood checks. if your acne is truly a serious problem, as mine was(all over my body) then you should do it because there is nothing stronger over the counter or prescription. however, if you are just sick of getting pimples like most teenagers are prone get, its a waste of money because there are other products out there that are made to deal with that.
Quote by MODESTme
thanks a bunch that kinda relieved some of my worries. do you have to do like monthly blood checks?

Yes. For the first month, I had to do two blood checks (one every two weeks), to make sure that Accutane wasn't making my cholesterol and other stuff freak out. Now it's just once a month, and I have to go to the dermatologist so s/he can look at my acne and whatnot. It's just annoying. Not any real problem, except (until recently) that my dermatologist was in Richmond, VA, and I live in Blacksburg, so I had to drive 400 miles back and forth just so she could look at my face and be, "Ok, you look fine!"
Quote by commonfoot
i took it when i was sixteen. for the year i was on it, it sucked major balls. my skin would peel all over my body and no matter how much chap stick you use, your lips will be always cracked and bleeding. i actually did get pretty depressed while i was on it, i dont know if it was the drug or just growin up as a teen, but i was usually not happy. now that ive been done with a for a few years i can look back and see how great it worked, but until you're done with it its gonna suck.

+ so many, plus i found it made me a little dumber for the duration of being on there
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by af_the_fragile
Whats Accutane??

Acne-treatment. It's a pill that you take for six months.