hey have any of you guys had any experiences with the carvin legacy or V3? i hear amazing things about both of them and they are decently priced. do you think they sound as good as a mesa dual rec or a marshall jvm? i was considering one but i would like to hear some feedback/ experiences, keep in mind im looking for a warm clean tone to a nasty modern metal tone. thanks guys.
the legacy and v3 are quite different and neither sound like a dual recto or jvm. i hear this one guy, a killer player, demoing the legacy and he sounded very close to joe satriani and steve vai. the leads sounded pretty good and the rhythm was nice but nothing like the recto. the V3 has a solid rhythm tone but can get fizzy with leads (can be dialed out tho). search harmony central for V3 clips as ive heard a few there and also check out the carvin site if you havent (including the forums)
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
I know the rhythm guitarist of Sanctity uses a Carvin MTS, his tone is pretty righteous.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

The 1970's tube Carvin amps were fantastic. My friends dad has one, I played through it and loved it.
Gear:

American Strat
Epiphone Valve JR head - Volume Mod'ed
Custom 1x12 with Private Jack speaker
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss DS-2 Distortion
Boss MT-2 MetalZone
Ebow

Gretsch Acoustic