I'm very new to amps.
I recently bought a semi-accoustic guitar and a Marshall MG 15CD amp.
I get this Echo sorta sound from my Amp, i dont know what that is and i want to get rid of it.
I asked the dealer he said it was feedback and i have to go away from the amp.
Pls can ne1 help me with the same.

Thanks in advance.
did u go further from the amp? are u sure its not a mg15cdr? cos if it is, u gota turn down the reverb.

the mg series is pretty crappy but i think its just feedback. play further away from the amp.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
If you're talking an echo where you play a note and it resonates turn your reverb off lol.

Otherwise if you are getting a weak buzz or hum that is feedback, and you should get away from TV's, Computers, the Amp, other guitars etc..............
Oh, yeah? HOW ABOUT I TEAR YOUR SPINE OUT?!

-Gear-
Epiphone G-400 Vintage SG
Marshall MG Series 30DFX.
ESP LTD AX-400 (My baby)
I don't know very much about semi-acoustics, but I'd imagine it'd have something to do with the sound reverberating around in there

Were you playing particularly close to your amplifier?

I'd suggest playing a different guitar through your amp to see if you have the same problem, or playing your guitar though a different amplifier, that way you can at least isolate the problem.

Good luck
OH NO the MG 15CD does not have reverb.
It is Feedback but i dont know how to get rid of it.
To be precise,
It happens when i turn on Overdrive - Gain
I agree to WolfenGuitarist, there is this hum in the amp.
I tried going away from it but it still keeps happening.
there are certain positions where it reduces.
so i guess this proves that it is feedback itself.
But how do i get rid of it.

The Computer near it is Switched off.NO TV and NO guitars near it.
Well of course you're gonna get feedback when you're playing a semi acoustic on overdrive with some gain. Thats why the solid body electric was invented. Just play it clean, and i'm sure the clean channel sounds alot better than the overdrive on the MG.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
get a CD and tape it over the sound hole.

that should get rid of most of the feedback
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Yeah the Clean is much better.
But are u sure this is a semi-accoustic phenomenon?
Coz i had tried playing it on their Demo amp there and i dint get any Feedback at all.
Are u really sure this happens?
they probably had different settings.

less gain or a lower volume

feedback's a bit unpredictable so it could be a number of reasons why you didnt get feedback from the demo amp.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Oh then we'll be in for a debate to get rid of the feedback.
Is this Feedback a phenomenon only with Semi-Accoustics? or Does it happen with Electric Guitars too?
Quote by ashish_kenkare
Oh then we'll be in for a debate to get rid of the feedback.
Is this Feedback a phenomenon only with Semi-Accoustics? or Does it happen with Electric Guitars too?

it happens with electric guitars too but electro-acoustics are more susceptible to it

Quote by element4433
there is no theory really.

acoustic electrics are hollow and feedback especially with gain.

i suggest you exchange you amp or ur guitar.

(party because they arent a good match, and partly because the MG series isnt very good.)

if you like acoustic tones, then i suggest vox amps in ur price range.

if you like heavier tones, i suggest you use an electric guitar instead.

if you dont want to return /exchange anything, then point the amp away from you, in front of you, and far away from you, and buy a sound hole plug for the guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
there is no theory really.

acoustic electrics are hollow and feedback especially with gain.

i suggest you exchange you amp or ur guitar.

(party because they arent a good match, and partly because the MG series isnt very good.)

if you like acoustic tones, then i suggest vox amps in ur price range.

if you like heavier tones, i suggest you use an electric guitar instead.

if you dont want to return /exchange anything, then point the amp away from you, in front of you, and far away from you, and buy a sound hole plug for the guitar.

+1

Gain + Acoustic = Feedback.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
+1 on jj1565
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
This will be the last time I say this..

Please make a sticky thread entitled, "Marshall MGs - The Epitome of Fail"

That way, these threads are never made again.
Gear
Good Guitars
Good Pedals
Good Amps

That is all.
and how does that help the threadstarter ?^

TS, if it's feedback, the only thing you can do with your current rig is turn the volume and / or gain down, and stand further away from your amp.
I experienced feedback one while I was playing an electric/acoustic through a classic 30. The only thing I can advice is that you get a noisesupressor or a long cable so you can stand further away from the amp.
awrite.
i think i figured out the best position away from my amp.
the Question remains is it sustainable?
We'll i'll come to know soon!

Thank you for all your suggestions ppl..
I really appreciate and respect all your views