I'm planning on getting a new guitar, and I'd prefer getting a flying V model because the shape's comfortable and easier to play with, plus it just looks downright awesome.
So I've basically have these guitars in mind:

JS30KV
KVX10
Inferno V (Dean) <- most preferred for now
Gibson V factor (1967 styled ones)

Budgets, at most $800..

So, I'm just wondering which guitar is the better choice, and why please.
If none are good, please recommend another.

My music preference is metal btw.
Well dude i donno were u live but in Australia guitars like that aren't cheap. i almost fell in love with a V style guitar in a music store, it played like a dream, have u thought of getting the Jackson RX10D Rhoads? very nifty guitar
I like V shaped guitars to be honest also but if you were to raise your price range to about 1000 - 1100 you could get a Dean VMNT (Dave mustaine signature) but when I was looking for one I seen the KVX 10.. Haven't played it personally but from its specs it shouldn't be a bad guitar but before you buy one, a usually obvious one just try them out in a store and you should be able to find one that feels best with ya. hope this helped?
Yeah i've seen them. Forgot to put that up, haha.
I plan to get it in Hong Kong, 2 weeks ago I went there and they weren't above $800
I suggest the ESP V-500 aswell. Cheeper than the VMNT1 and almost the exact same specs. Only difference is the pick-ups and a rosewood fretboard instead of ebony.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
first of all, wrong forum. Also, at 800 dollars, i wouldnt be looking at Jackson JS30s, which are pretty much beginner-guitars that look cool. I dunno y u think flying V's feel comfortable - they're almost impossible to play sitting down! They just look cool for gigging. Anyway I'd recommend a DKMG (not a flying V though)if you're going with jackson, but also consider something ESP. Your best bet for metal guitars would probably be either from Jackson or ESP (maybe Dean, dunno though), not gibson.

threadstarter: ur from HongKong? cool lol me too, PM me

Edit: if u get a new amp in the future, definitely buy a British-company amp (like Marshall or Orange) - Hongkong has awesome amp prices on british amps
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Last edited by musicfreak003 at Oct 2, 2007,
You actually find the Flying V COMFORTABLE?

Gibson have a limited edition reverse Flying V.
Im not sure if its within your price range though.

If you want a V the Gibson V Factor looks very good (specs, appearance, and includes a hard-shell case.) Very powerful pickups. Decent price for what you get. Make sure you try them to check out if the neck is slim enough for you.
Quote by Kanthras
That JS30KV doesn't really fit in there price-wise. Try something like:

http://jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2911300590

duncan DESIGNED??!?!?!?!?!?!??!? he can afford MUCH better than that...PHAIL
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Quote by musicfreak003
duncan DESIGNED??!?!?!?!?!?!??!? he can afford MUCH better than that...PHAIL

Yeah, good thing that guitar is only about $500, so you can buy whatever set of pickups you want and put 'em in.
Quote by musicfreak003
first of all, wrong forum. Also, at 800 dollars, i wouldnt be looking at Jackson JS30s, which are pretty much beginner-guitars that look cool. I dunno y u think flying V's feel comfortable - they're almost impossible to play sitting down! They just look cool for gigging. Anyway I'd recommend a DKMG (not a flying V though)if you're going with jackson, but also consider something ESP. Your best bet for metal guitars would probably be either from Jackson or ESP (maybe Dean, dunno though), not gibson.

threadstarter: ur from HongKong? cool lol me too, PM me

Edit: if u get a new amp in the future, definitely buy a British-company amp (like Marshall or Orange) - Hongkong has awesome amp prices on british amps

Actually, you play them classical style (one wing over your right leg, one between your legs) and it's VERY comfortable. It also allows better reach to the high frets. Shows what you know.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey