Ok so some of you may or may not know that I have been on a mission to find a Gibson 58 VoS LP Plain top, but today I got distracted from that mission!
And have had a Les Paul put on hold for me, it's not the LP Vos that I wanted but a Les Paul Custom shop Authentic 1956 ebony.
It's the only one available in the UK and if I do decide to buy it, it will set me back £2499 thats £1000 of the list price, I can get the money for the guitar no problem but do you think I should go for it? or get the 58 VOS?

I would love to be safe in the knowlage that it will make/hold its money and I like the fact that I will be the first person in the UK to have one.(if there not lying that is)

I've googled for them and I can't seem to find one so it must be true! and I've bought all my other Les Pauls from them.

Any thoughs/advice would be nice

Thanks
member #3 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join

Gibson Les Paul Std Trans Amber
Gibson Les Paul Std P90 Gold top
Gibson Les Paul 1968 Custom V.O.S.
1980 Chiquita Travel Guitar
Fender 2006 Anniversary
Ashdown Fallen Angel stack.
Go for it i say!
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
yea I think I will some thing is telling me to buy it.

Fender 2006 Anniversary
bear in mind, the list price of a gibson les paul standard is well over £2000. you can get them in shops for £1300. gibson are known to vastly inflate their list prices.

£2599 is a lot for a guitar if you ask me. especially when a custom luthier could build you exactly what you want for probably £1000 less than that, and odds are it'd be nicer than the gibson too.

it's really up to you, but just be careful. i'm not keen on buying guitars based on what their resale might be. Maybe that's just me because i rarely plan to sell anything, but if you're already thinking of resale, do you really want it, y'know?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
bear in mind, the list price of a gibson les paul standard is well over £2000. you can get them in shops for £1300. gibson are known to vastly inflate their list prices.

£2599 is a lot for a guitar if you ask me. especially when a custom luthier could build you exactly what you want for probably £1000 less than that, and odds are it'd be nicer than the gibson too.

it's really up to you, but just be careful. i'm not keen on buying guitars based on what their resale might be. Maybe that's just me because i rarely plan to sell anything, but if you're already thinking of resale, do you really want it, y'know?

I know what you mean but I also am not thinking of selling it i just like to stay reassured that what i'm buying will keep the money i spent.
I'm going to go for it and i'll post up some picks.

Fender 2006 Anniversary
I'd definitely go for a custom luthier made guitar built to my specifications, but to each their own.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
it's entirely up to you. good luck!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?