I saw this guitar at the store the other day. I searched on UG for reviews but didnt find any. So if anyone could help me out on this, it would be appreciated!

Id like to know about the quality, tone etc.

Thanks!
ibanez gio is just a serie, try to get the modelname
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by petrina_678
which gio? btw stay away from gios with floyd rose trems....

as far as i know there is no gio with a licensed floyd rose.

to the TS though i'd just steer clear of the gio altogether...they're not amazingly terrible but as always a budget guitar will never be particularly nice either.
Well the non-trem version appears to be made of Agathis, crappy wood. The trem versions are basswood, can be good or bad depending on the quality. They say the necks are "maple neck material." Whenever you hear the word "material" describing components of a guitar its not a good sign at all. Of course any trem at that price range will probably be bad (wear out quickly, won't stay in tune.) The Powersound pickups don't have a "power sound," in fact they are weak, thin and noisy. Normally I like Ibanez, but at that price they aren't much better than any other.
The deal killer is the Agathis on one and the cheap trem on the other. I could live with the pickups, and the non-trem Gios look nice. Shop around some more. Have you considered use guitars?
thanks a lot bro...the problem with the place i live in is that even though its a huge city(70 lakh odd people) there arent too many guitar stores or guitar enthusiasts. Very wierd, yes. So there arent very large guitar stores, and there is very little choice.
The store which i went to had only two guitars in my range, an Ibanez gio and a J&D brothers guitar. So was considering the Ibanez.
But ill probably look around a little more cause of the bad reviews. And as there arent too many guitarists, getting a good used guitar isnt very possible.
Thanks a lot you guys!!!
as beginner guitars, they are okay i think...but get one with a fixed bridge!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
to the TS - if you look at an rg321mh - it's not much more expensive than some gio's (in fact it is cheaper in england than the GRG270B in most places) and it is a significantly nicer instrument.
Thanks a lot!!! seeing the reviews and comments, i think id rather just wait and search for a better guitar in the same price range.
Gio is not bad, if you know which one to buy. I heard a lot of crappy Gio's, but the GAX series are pretty good guitars. Mine is basswood with a fixed bridge, but has a sustain I haven't heard from a lot of high end guitars. Tuners (machine heads) however are not that good, so you'll probably have to change them.
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe
Quote by merabharatmahan
thanks a lot bro...the problem with the place i live in is that even though its a huge city(70 lakh odd people) there arent too many guitar stores or guitar enthusiasts. Very wierd, yes. So there arent very large guitar stores, and there is very little choice.
The store which i went to had only two guitars in my range, an Ibanez gio and a J&D brothers guitar. So was considering the Ibanez.
But ill probably look around a little more cause of the bad reviews. And as there arent too many guitarists, getting a good used guitar isnt very possible.
Thanks a lot you guys!!!

As a point to take note, the numerical term lakh is not used outside India.

If you can, just avoid a Gio altogether, I've seen a Gio, fresh from the rack, go for a truss rod adjustment, and the truss rod snaps away from the neck.

I understand the Gio to have questionable build quality.

If you can, even a Yamaha Pacifica might be a better choice for a beginner guitar.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I think he already bought something by now...

reported so it can die in peace
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com