I've just put a deposit down on a Gibson Les Paul Custom in Alpine white with gold hardware. I'm ridiculously happy and can't wait to pick it up. The finest tone and the most gorgeous looks money can buy, and it's all mine! Any other Custom owners here?

Yeah, I just wanted to share my excitement with you all.
no pictures = no guitar. it's the law.

(absolutely no hypocrisy in this post whatever)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have a Gibson Les Paul, but not a custom. Wish I could afford one though, lol Have fun with it.
Like everyone, you'll eventually regret buying the white version.
Gear
Good Guitars
Good Pedals
Good Amps

That is all.
Quote by guitarist_with_
Like everyone, you'll eventually regret buying the white version.

WHOOA! BACK UP! why? ive been considering it!

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
^ Because it's just not as classy as an ebony or sunburst Custom.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Quote by Grundy0
Do you have any idea what your talking about? Because i can't understand half of what your saying and i think you are possibly clinically insane
Welcome to The Pit.

^
Quote by Tom S.

pfft, thats all? i freaked out and thought after a while it turned a hideous shade of green or something.

im still gonna buy the alpine oh, and of course, j_hunter_hkr, congratulations!

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by Tom S.

I really like the sunburst myself
I'll have pictures as soon as I pick it up, have to find the rest of the money first though! It does look nice sitting in the shop with a "sold" sign on it

guitarist_with_, oh I will take care of it! Can you recommend any products to use to keep it spotless? I'm all for guitars naturally relicing, but I'll try my hardest to make sure this stays as it is!
u lucky bastard! i wish i had that much money...
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Quote by Dave_Mc
no pictures = no guitar. it's the law.

(absolutely no hypocrisy in this post whatever)

I'm not sure how it has the "most gorgeous looks money can buy" - but have fun anyway.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
yeah, i mean with enough money you could probably nab adriana lima or something.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by TehJermie
so people still havent picked up on gibson sucking these days eh?

He could've gotten 2 or 3 Carvins for that much

Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, i mean with enough money you could probably nab adriana lima or something.

Well I was thinking that you can get nice quilted maple tops on like $300 guitars that are more "gorgeous" than plain white, but you do have a good point.
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
He could've gotten 2 or 3 Carvins for that much
Or 4-5 Edwards! Mmmm.... Edwards....
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by FacingUsAll
(a) He could've gotten 2 or 3 Carvins for that much

(b) Well I was thinking that you can get nice quilted maple tops on like $300 guitars that are more "gorgeous" than plain white, but you do have a good point.

now, if (a) had been the reply to my point, that'd have been the post of the century.

And indeed, mr carrot. indeed.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Tom S.

id rather have white than black, doesnt the black show up every small scratch and finger marks?
Quote by Dave_Mc
now, if (a) had been the reply to my point, that'd have been the post of the century.

And indeed, mr carrot. indeed.

Adriana Lima won't have sex before marriage. I think I'd take the Carvins, anyway .
Quote by utsapp89

it'd be worth it >_>
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If I wanted anything other than the Les Paul Custom I would have bought whatever that may be.

To say this guitar sucks and that I could have bought 2-3 carvins instead is laughable! Inverted snobbery at it's most amusing.

I fell in love with it when I saw it, and even more so after playing it. I have the money, so why not eh?

Plus they didn't have any Adriana Lima's in, so I settled for the Custom.
Quote by j_hunter_hkr
To say this guitar sucks and that I could have bought 2-3 carvins instead is laughable! Inverted snobbery at it's most amusing.

I'm not quite sure I said that it sucks. Overpriced, maybe.

Quote by utsapp89
for that kind of money, i personally would have just went with something else. hell id invest in one of those "horrible" 70s gibsons you hear about. they beat out about 99% of what gibson churns out nowadays. i could warmoth something better for 2/3 of the price. but i mean if its your thing, i guess dude.
at least itll keep the resale when you decide to sell that thing
Quote by j_hunter_hkr

that's a real shame.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by FacingUsAll
I'm not quite sure I said that it sucks. Overpriced, maybe.

The "sucks" thing was aimed at TehJermie who said "so people still havent picked up on gibson sucking these days eh?"... Yeah, right-o mate.

The guitar is actually second hand but has spent all of it's life in the case. They retail in the UK at £2,399 (if you can find one anywhere) and I got mine for £1,799.

Of course whether you guys agree with what I said about the looks or sound is all down to opinion, but I'm yet to play a finer guitar.
Have any of you played this particular guitar? How do you know it's not worth the price? Sure, Gibson QC has been off lately, but that doesn't mean they can't make a kickass guitar. The customs especially are some of the best sounding guitars in their price range.
No doubt the Custom is a fine, if not finest Gibson Les Paul (I've owned two).
After playing my 1987 Custom for a couple of years, I reluctantly traded it for a PRS Singlecut Trem - pre lawsuit model in black. Let me tell ya, what a freakin incredible guitar the PRS is. Good trade for me. Gotta love those birds.

The Les Paul Custom new is priced a little high, but its an awesome tone machine. My advice is to go on eBay and find a Custom like I did for around 1500 bucks. Thats an appropriate priced Les Paul and has all the MOJO built in.
Last edited by demea at Oct 2, 2007,
Quote by Roc8995
Have any of you played this particular guitar? How do you know it's not worth the price? Sure, Gibson QC has been off lately, but that doesn't mean they can't make a kickass guitar. The customs especially are some of the best sounding guitars in their price range.

i never said it was a bad guitar. Just in the UK, it's the equivalent of more than $5000. Would you pay that for one?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i never said it was a bad guitar. Just in the UK, it's the equivalent of more than $5000. Would you pay that for one?

I paid around $3000, which may seem a lot to Americans but guitars in the UK are notoriously more expensive.

I supposed it's a good job my income can cater for such an extravagant purchase then, eh?
Quote by j_hunter_hkr
If I wanted anything other than the Les Paul Custom I would have bought whatever that may be.

I fell in love with it when I saw it, and even more so after playing it. I have the money, so why not eh?

Well said now we both own Customs as I just bought a 1956 VOS Ebony Les Paul Custom Authentic today yay us! I just need to get it two.

The money will be well worth it, it takes time to find the Gibson you want I was really after a VOS 58 WC Plain top Les Paul, but fell in love with the 56 custom.
member #3 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join

Gibson Les Paul Std Trans Amber
Gibson Les Paul Std P90 Gold top
Gibson Les Paul 1968 Custom V.O.S.
1980 Chiquita Travel Guitar
Fender 2006 Anniversary
Ashdown Fallen Angel stack.
Quote by j_hunter_hkr
I paid around $3000, which may seem a lot to Americans but guitars in the UK are notoriously more expensive.

I supposed it's a good job my income can cater for such an extravagant purchase then, eh?

true, but there are ways round it if you know what you're doing. I don't see why i should fund some gibson executive's yacht fund. Obviously you can do what you want with your money...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by j_hunter_hkr

I don't care what some people say... there is nothing like a Gibson