Hey any help would be great as i need to know asap so i can get an order in but i was just wondering how much in good old english sterling having fret dots put on a bass would cost me? i am planning to get a goth thunderbird bass for xmas but want fret dots put in because its a hard bass to play anyway due to the neck but without fret dots it would be worse so i want to put them in. Any help is appreciated.
you do know they have dots on the top of the neck so you'll only see them if you're playing it, right?

*Witty comment*
I think the best way would probably be to order through Epiphone to get it and see if they have the fret dot option. Otherwise, I don't think it'd be a good idea to have someone else install the fret dots, since it's not exactly a common field, (besides at the manufacturer).
I am a lucid dream to the illusionary slumber
Wading in a cesspool of forgotten memory
An insignificant host to the collective subconscious

~Sacred Slumber
Like the eyebrow said, there are dots all along the top side of the neck so only you can see them. I really don't think it's a big deal not having them there anyway, I don't know how long you've been playing but if you've been playing for any decent amount of time you should be able to know exactly where your fingers are on the fretboard without looking.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
I think the best way would be to not order a Thunderbird.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Caustic
I think the best way would be to not order a Thunderbird.

lol no man i love the tnnderbird its awsome i love gibson and epiphone too jimmy page uses a gibson and slash does its sick and the goth is so metal and im so metal i don't bathe i grease up.

I don't even know why you need dots on the fretboard. Like was mentioned, there are dots on the side, and don't even *think* about being those douchebags who stares at the face of their fretboard with on their face. Buy the Thunderbird, do that, buy a Big Muff and a guitar wah and finally Fitzy will make a good ol' emo slit on himself.

But, to answer your question, adding fret dots and lines to an unlined fretless would have cost me $100 when I had the option. For you, that's almost half the bass' value, and it's not worth it.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at Oct 2, 2007,
Do squier not do any black precisions with black scratch plates you could buy instead?
'Member of the official Biffy Clyro Fanclub. PM onlyonehere to join'
They do plenty of black Precisions, and you can pick up a scratchplate for insanely cheap off of eBay or somewhere. Better than buying a horrible Epiphone bass just because it's all black.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.