Ok so if theres already a thread bout this can someone please PM the link to it and ill delete this thread. If you havent finished the game or dont want the end spoiled then dont read the rest of this thread!!!

Ok so at the very end of the last film clip it zooms in on this message, i cant quite remember wat it said but i think it was something like "Those who died in the war" ok so its not that but you get the idea and then it sorta zooms in on "117". What does this mean? Is that master chiefs sparten number or something? Please tell me the answer and no silly comments

Thanks
Last edited by Birdy266 at Oct 2, 2007,
The Master Chief is Spartan 117, so yes, it is his number.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Throw a flash bang at him.
If you can't tell from my user name

If you've ever read the books it explains everything pre and post halo.

I'll share a short story with you. In the beginning there were dozens of spartans, and they were all given a specific 'number' And John was given 117, thus SPARTAN-117. Halo 1 takes place after all of the other Spartans have been killed and he is the only one left, that's why no other Spartans are showed in any of the games...
It seems that everybody thinks Spartan 117 died, because only part of the ship made it through the portal. However, if you wait until after the credits, you see that he is not dead. He is actually on the other side of the portal with Cortana, and if you beat it in legendary mode, you get an even longer scene of this to watch.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Quote by Birdy266
So that means that he died and there wont be a halo 4?

There wasn't going to be anyway. Halo three was always gonna be the end of it.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Master Chief is not dead. after he and Cortana broke away from The Dawn, Chief climbed into a cryo chamber and told Cortana to "Wake him when she needed him". The last seen is off the cryo chamber hurtling towards an unknown planet.

Mark my words, there will be a Halo 4.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
WOW you guys are noobs.

1: Watch the credits. Theres another movie that plays after they end, and yet another if you beat the game on Legendary.

2: Halo 3 is NOT the last Halo game. There is already talk of another trilogy in development and Halo Wars is nearing completion.
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
Quote by subliminaldelta
WOW you guys are noobs.

1: Watch the credits. Theres another movie that plays after they end, and yet another if you beat the game on Legendary.

2: Halo 3 is NOT the last Halo game. There is already talk of another trilogy in development and Halo Wars is nearing completion.

How would that make me a n00b? I just stated what FMV is played when you beat it on Leegendary, and I also said there would be more from Halo.

Halo Wars is not set after Halo 3, therefore it is not a true sequel. Also, it is a strategy war game which Halo is not.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']How would that make me a n00b? I just stated what FMV is played when you beat it on Leegendary, and I also said there would be more from Halo.

Halo Wars is not set after Halo 3, therefore it is not a true sequel. Also, it is a strategy war game which Halo is not.

Halo actually *was* a RTS in it's early development. It became a FPS later. Not a sequel, well yeah, but it IS another Halo game. And theres also the "other trlogy" that is supposedly being made right now.

The noob comment wasn't really directed at you, but the people who are going "wtf how did master chief die" and didn't watch the credits all the way through.
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
Quote by subliminaldelta
Halo actually *was* a RTS in it's early development. It became a FPS later. Not a sequel, well yeah, but it IS another Halo game. And theres also the "other trlogy" that is supposedly being made right now.

The noob comment wasn't really directed at you, but the people who are going "wtf how did master chief die" and didn't watch the credits all the way through.

Fair enough. I just read up..Halo Wars is a prequel to the original Halo.

Also, could you tell me where you found out about a new trilogy being made?
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

Laugh at me all you want but I got from Wikipedia:

The Untitled Halo Project is an episodic project that was announced at Microsoft's Xbox show, X06. Peter Jackson, with his recently-formed Wingnut Interactive, will create a project set in the Halo universe, in partnership with Bungie Studios. The game is toted to be a "new chapter" in the Halo story and is slated to feature a new way of playing games. It was later revealed that it would in fact be a 'New trilogy' of Halo games, not one.

In UK Xbox 360 magazine Xbox World 360, it was speculated that the game will be more of an "interactive movie", where some parts will be semi-playable, and certain decisions will lead to different outcomes. They also stated that they believed the game would retail for half the cost of a normal Xbox 360 title.

It was confirmed by Shane Kim at GDC 07 that the project was an episodic title. According to Microsoft, Bungie and Jackson are planning two episodic series for the Xbox 360. These games appear to be in a downloadable format. Microsoft went on to say that the game is now in the development phase.
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
Quote by subliminaldelta
Laugh at me all you want but I got from Wikipedia:

The Untitled Halo Project is an episodic project that was announced at Microsoft's Xbox show, X06. Peter Jackson, with his recently-formed Wingnut Interactive, will create a project set in the Halo universe, in partnership with Bungie Studios. The game is toted to be a "new chapter" in the Halo story and is slated to feature a new way of playing games. It was later revealed that it would in fact be a 'New trilogy' of Halo games, not one.

In UK Xbox 360 magazine Xbox World 360, it was speculated that the game will be more of an "interactive movie", where some parts will be semi-playable, and certain decisions will lead to different outcomes. They also stated that they believed the game would retail for half the cost of a normal Xbox 360 title.

It was confirmed by Shane Kim at GDC 07 that the project was an episodic title. According to Microsoft, Bungie and Jackson are planning two episodic series for the Xbox 360. These games appear to be in a downloadable format. Microsoft went on to say that the game is now in the development phase.

Thanks ..I wasn't being sarcastic when I asked...I am genuinely interested..thanks anyway
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

legendary is the true ending...where you find masterchief is still alive...all the n00bz who played it on easy -heroic-get the death ending.
John-117 is apparently Master Chief.

I say apparently because I don't want it to be true . Not sure whether or not it is.

Quote by x Misanthropy x
legendary is the true ending...where you find masterchief is still alive...all the n00bz who played it on easy -heroic-get the death ending.

Wrong.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

*SPOILERS FOLLOW*

At the end you believe he is dead. If you wait until after the credits however, you see he and cortana survived, however they are on part of the ship which has no engine. Master Chief climbs into a cryopod and cortana says she will drop a distress beacon, but says that it will probably be years before they are found.

Complete it on legendary and you get extra footage at the end showing the bulk of the ship floating towards a planet which has what appears to be city lights on the surface.
watch after the credits you NOOB
Quote by 18th_Angel
No dude, that is definitely an ugly chick. I'm talking 10 or 11 beers ugly.
Quote by JamieB
John-117 is apparently Master Chief.

I say apparently because I don't want it to be true . Not sure whether or not it is.

If you've read the books you know this to be true. Also...

*spoilers*

During the cut scene after you ramp the hog into the Dawn, right before the screen fades out you hear Cortana say, "It's been a pleasure serving with you John."
looks like i will be playing this on legendary then..

ya done gawn and got me excited.
Quote by happytimeharry
If you've read the books you know this to be true. Also...

*spoilers*

During the cut scene after you ramp the hog into the Dawn, right before the screen fades out you hear Cortana say, "It's been a pleasure serving with you John."

Cortana says it in the game too, not just in the book, i remember hearing her say that.

OOPS nvm, i read your post wrong. ur right.
Quote by Birdy266
So that means that he died and there wont be a halo 4?

nope. after the crerds it shows him with the AI thingy
Ibanez S470
Boss ME-50...
Some old amp...

Quote by AddiXionIsIn
looks like i will be playing this on legendary then..

ya done gawn and got me excited.

Apparently you see the extended ending on heroic, too.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Cortana will only live seven years, thats why he tells her to 'wake him when she needs him' she will die long before they're found.
Quote by skspartan117
If you can't tell from my user name

If you've ever read the books it explains everything pre and post halo.

I'll share a short story with you. In the beginning there were dozens of spartans, and they were all given a specific 'number' And John was given 117, thus SPARTAN-117. Halo 1 takes place after all of the other Spartans have been killed and he is the only one left, that's why no other Spartans are showed in any of the games...

there are more spartans but they are in a cryo chamber on some planet somewhere. from what i understood theres about 200 of them
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
Quote by Ackj
It seems that everybody thinks Spartan 117 died, because only part of the ship made it through the portal. However, if you wait until after the credits, you see that he is not dead. He is actually on the other side of the portal with Cortana, and if you beat it in legendary mode, you get an even longer scene of this to watch.

Laff yep gutted @ everyone who didnt watch through

Although the legendary extra clip is pretty bad, it's only about 10 seconds extra
well if you beat it on legendary you will find out that he does not die..the part of the ship he was on didnt make it through and he wakes up floating wondering what happend...the ship sends out a destress signal in hopes someone will find them..in the mean time MC goes in a chamber I forget what its call(that freezes/suspends him til woken up again) and says wake me up when you need me........so...if you've ever heard the game marathon by bungie...HALO is actually the pregame to marathon...and yes that is the last of the halo series
I've lost my mind many times and my wallet many more
Edit: To the kid above me, me and my friend just beat it on Normal and saw that video, it's just after the credits. I went and watched the legendary version on youtube and there are like 30 sec. extra but its just the ship floating towards that planet/halo/light thing who knows? I just read your explanation and that makes sense. The story isn't done they will just change the name.

I don't care what people say Microsoft has said about there not being anymore games, I still think there will be more, especially if you watch the movie after the credits it shows Master Cheif and Kortana still alive just disconnected from the other part of the ship and Kortana says "I'll put out an emergency beacon, but it might take a while to find us, years even" and Master Cheif gets in the sleep pod thing and just says, '"wake me up when you need me." If you remember in Halo 1 that's how the game started is with him being awoken from one of those pods. Also at the end of Halo 2 they saw that there were like 6 or 7 Halos and they have only destroyed 3 so I really think there will be more. Also there is still the main Flood guy still alive. The prophet of truth seems to me dead but who knows.

Also, why wouldn't Microsoft tell you that it's the final game? It's creates more buzz and makes more people buy it. Who said major corporations have to be 100% truthful to sell a product? If I'm wrong then I'm wrong but I honestly don't think I am. Too much stuff doesn't add up.
Last edited by waldorphPRS41 at Oct 2, 2007,
yea thats true...they'lll continue the game...but just under a different title...its the last halo game..but not the last time we'll see master cheif,....soo will there be more marathon games?? lol
I've lost my mind many times and my wallet many more
Quote by ChrisJames666
yea thats true...they'lll continue the game...but just under a different title...its the last halo game..but not the last time we'll see master cheif,....soo will there be more marathon games?? lol

No, it won't be the last Halo game, or game under the name "Halo". Halo 3 is merely the end of this story arc. Also, Master Chief has nothing to do with Marathon. Bungie has said countless times that Halo and Marathon take place in totally different universes.
Quote by cm_punk_fan
there are more spartans but they are in a cryo chamber on some planet somewhere. from what i understood theres about 300 of them

Fixed lol

Quote by happytimeharry
No, it won't be the last Halo game, or game under the name "Halo". Halo 3 is merely the end of this story arc. Also, Master Chief has nothing to do with Marathon. Bungie has said countless times that Halo and Marathon take place in totally different universes.

That makes sense I guess then. I don't know anything about Marathon so I just assumed what everyone else was saying was true. No one knows for sure. We're just going to have to wait.
Quote by GiantRaven
Fixed lol

Haha props to you...only thing that made me laugh so far today
Originally posted by slash_cobain
when the refrigerater tells u to kill stuff and then u do it and noone believes that the refrigerater would say such a thing and while all this is going on, the frige, sitting innocently in the corner, starts making anti semitic remarks