my razorback just arrived this week and the black chrome finish on the trem is beginning to "peel off"..what can i do now?..if theres anything i can do that is....
Attachments:
IMG_2474.JPG
Just wipe the guitar down after playing. A bit of clear nail polish might slow it down (check with manufacturer) but its going to happen to almost any guitar. Its a little more noticable on black finishes.
Did you buy it new?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
100%factory fresh...brand new...dats what worries me....and about the nail polish...u sure that'll do the job or should i get some wd-40 or something??
Quote by rb255
100%factory fresh...brand new...dats what worries me....and about the nail polish...u sure that'll do the job or should i get some wd-40 or something??

as he said check with dean first.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
i didnt receive any reply from them...i sent an email 2 days ago...
If you lived in the UK id say take it back to the shop you got it from thats grounds for return here. Sadly I don't know what your statutory rights are in the States if indeed you are in the States.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
yeah that can happen. but it's also god telling you you shouldn't have bought a razorback.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah that can happen. but it's also god telling you you shouldn't have bought a razorback.

+1 Get a better guitar.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by Dave_Mc

massive ownage, I approve

It's also god telling you not to get a Licensed Floyd, this is what happens to them, even if you get it replaced it'll just do it again in a few months.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~

yeah, my advice is if you can pass that off as some kind of flaw, get your money back and get a good guitar where you aren't paying a massive premium for a ghey shape and a dead guitarist's signature...

EDIT: the chrome paint can sometimes strip off decent floyds too (i think)... however, on OFR's and quality copies, it's just paint, whereas on cheapo licensed versions that's actually what the knife edges are made of... >_>
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 2, 2007,
Quote by CJRocker
Send it back. It shouldn't be losing its finish that soon.

the problem is i reside in india....i bought it off the net...how do i go about returning this thing?...i mean what do i tell dean??...should i bear all the shiipping costs too??
Quote by Dave_Mc

anyway..whats so bad about a razorback(other than the floyd)??? well, im really in love with it
It was a licensed floyd, so it was probably for the best anyway.
"The Soup Nazi of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join"

Member of the SG Commandos
Quote by rb255
the problem is i reside in india....i bought it off the net...how do i go about returning this thing?...i mean what do i tell dean??...should i bear all the shiipping costs too??

ah crap, that makes things much more awkward, i was assuming you'd bought it in a local shop.

Quote by rb255
anyway..whats so bad about a razorback(other than the floyd)??? well, im really in love with it

i don't know how much it is where you are, but here in the UK, the non-USA one is about £700, and there are guitars at £300 that I'd prefer in terms of quality, tone and playability.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by rb255

That could be a major issue, as if you didn't buy it from an authorized dealer, Dean may not accept your warrant claim, in which case you're SOL
Quote by CJRocker
That could be a major issue, as if you didn't buy it from an authorized dealer, Dean may not accept your warrant claim, in which case you're SOL

i bought it from themusicfarm...so will i have to bear all the shipping charges and the customs duty, if i have to ship it back for a replacement..?????????
Quote by Dave_Mc
ah crap, that makes things much more awkward, i was assuming you'd bought it in a local shop.

i don't know how much it is where you are, but here in the UK, the non-USA one is about £700, and there are guitars at £300 that I'd prefer in terms of quality, tone and playability.

i kinda see what you mean....but hell...thats past now....whats the best thing i can do do to make it look better?? make the whole thing chrome or should i control it??
well, i mean if you're lucky it's just cosmetic. it might happen to all of them, for all you know. if it really annoys you, i guess you could contact the online shop, but you might have to eat the postage. maybe wipe it down with a cloth after playing?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok...now i noe its cuz of the sweat....cuz my bar's become completely chrome(it was black chrome)....has this happened to anybody at all??? or is is it just me?
it's happened a bit on my ibanez lo-trs trem... as i said, if you're going to have to pay a bunch of postage to get it fixed (and the same thing may happen to your next one), if it's just a cosmetic issue, i'd probably put up with it, as long as the trem still works ok. Up to you, of course.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thanks dave, i think il put up with it!!...no point pondering over a little issue
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?