Well I can get the Ibanez S520ex used for £250 with a hardcase or I can buy the explorer new at £260. I've wanted an explorer for quite a while but when I played the Ibanez I liked it but i wasn't sure about the bridge.

Can anyone offer me some advice?
The bridge on the S is one of the better models. I would get it just for that; you don't see very many guitars with good trems that cheap.
The ZR bridge is awesome, some say better than the old Floyd design. Go for the S unless you really like Explorers.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
the s520ex is a better guitar than the explorer, but the explorer is...well...an explorer
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
S520EX much better guitar.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Quote by Rywad
Well I can get the Ibanez S520ex used for £250 with a hardcase or I can buy the explorer new at £260. I've wanted an explorer for quite a while but when I played the Ibanez I liked it but i wasn't sure about the bridge.

Can anyone offer me some advice?

From experience I can give you some [hopefully] decent advice. Keep in mind these are purely non-biased recommendations.

If you have never owned a guitar with a Locking Tremolo before, you may find it's not quite what you expected, however if you already own a decent fixed bridge guitar, the S520 is a great guitar to start learning a trem on (if that's what you want).

However, if your current guitar has a Tremolo I highly suggest getting the Explorer. I can say from pure experience that the convenience of quick re-tunes is a wonderful thing. Nothing worse than going to Jam or play a gig only to find out you have 5minutes to rapidly change tuning on a Floyd Rose. Wait there is, not being able to find an Alan Key in that situation.

Both are fantastic guitars, and I hope you make the right choice.