What will get me closer to the Hendrix or Gilmour tone? I know you need a Marshall for Hendrix and Hiwatts for Gilmour and that tone is in the hands so don't mention any of that please. Just stick to the pickips. Thank you .
I love 57/62. That's my choice
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.
i heard 69 gets the pickattack better though.

and for vintage spec pickups, here's a cheaper, better solution.
www.rockmonkeyguitars.com the guy winds his own pickups in UK. handwound, boutique with vintage specs. i have'em, and they're REALLY good. so what i'd do, is E-mail him (he's on UG too.), and ask him what's the best for you. he can custom wind pickups just for you if you ask too. i got mine custom wound. $170, not bad at all.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^Do his pickups sound late 60sish. I'm going for the Hendrix tone after he left the Jimi Hendrix Experience and early Gilmour tone...think live at Pompeii.
^he can make it sound late 60s ish or anything. ask him. you have a nice amp. it'd be worth an e-mail or two. he's not on now, (cuz its like 3 am in UK) but he'll reply for sure.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
hmmm, well I'm a little skeptical since I haven't played a guitar with them in it. I've played guitars that have the other two. I'll send him an email though. Oh and its only 9:30pm in the UK.
Last edited by thebrewfan at Oct 2, 2007,
custom shop 69s are great. ran through a lot of the smaller guys and actually liked these better for all my strat related needs.
Quote by Dirk Gently
I used Dave Stephens for my pickups. He has a couple Hendrix-oriented pickups on his site. Check out www.sdpickups.com He's got soundclips.

hmm I'll have to check them out some more, I wasn't a fan of the sound clips really (of his '69s), I'm more of a neck pick up fan and he was using the bridge the whole time...for cleans!. I'm not a fan of a strats bridge position unless is overdrive, fuzzed up, or playin some funkkk. But I'll look around and see what others say.
^ Are you sure? His clips are rather long, but every time they beep he's changing the pickup setting. Also, his Mojo set might get you close to what you're looking for. I told him what I was looking for, he cooked up something for me based on one of the designs on the sound clips page but not exactly the same. If you write him an email saying "Dave, I generally like X sound, but I'm looking for a bit more Y and Z out of it," he's good at adapting. Also, if you don't like your pickups, he'll give you a rewind for free and then refund your money if you don't like the results of the rewind.
Hi, I'm Peter
i have 62s in my strat
absolutely love them
i get a prefect frusciante tone
and a pretty good hendrix tone as well and they could proboly handle gilmour