I have an Ibanez AR250 that I love except for the fact that it is extremely unbalanced when playin standing up. If I let go the guitar will fall to the point that the neck is almost touching the ground. I have heard that moving the strap button from the top wing to the back of the guitar will fix this. I was just wondering if this is true. If so, will it completely balance it? or just help a little bit. I just wanna be sure about this before have someone drill a hole in my guitar. Thanks.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
add a weight to the part of your guitar strap that connects to the guitar body, this will balance it out, and won't damage the guitar as badly.

just attach something heavy to the guitar strap
Gear: Framus Cobra - Homemade Warmoth guitar - Ibanez S470 - Alvarez acoustic
Or you could just invest in a leather strap. Something with a suede back that has enough padding so it won't move around on your shoulder.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
also a good point
Gear: Framus Cobra - Homemade Warmoth guitar - Ibanez S470 - Alvarez acoustic
I have a Huge leather strap that would probably work. I just think it kinda looks goofy havin a
3 1/2 inch strap on an electric guitar :P
But just out of curiosity now, would moving the strap button do anything?
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
yea it would. and having those pointed wings, it might do something bad to the guiar as well. If u have a nylon strap, then id get a leather one or something with some padding or grip thats not too slippery like that is.
yeah, the closer the strap buttons are to the 12th fret the more balanced they are. SGs have that same weight distribution problem. my solution to it would be to just hold it up straight, then flip it behind you when you don't use it. Plus it looks cool if you do it right.

a more sensible solution woudl be to get something that'll make hte strap stick to your body more, like planet waves makes a pad called the squid and that'll help keep hte guitar in place, they are also very comfy. A thick leather strap will also be a godo alternative as well.