Page 1 of 5
My own invention... help me get it to market!

Stands for guitars unlike any other.

Video demos of two automatic store-on-the-guitar, fits-in-the-case guitar stands!

Go to link, vote your opinion!

www.abetterstand.com

Thanks,

Jeff

P.S. Your opinion counts... I have already made design modifications based on your comments!

Thanks, Jeff
Last edited by thatjeffguy at Mar 15, 2008,
why would I want to ruin the finish of my guitar?

If this worked then guitars would come prebuilt with stands
which they dont.
That's pretty cool, actually. I'd like to get one of those, for sure. I take my guitar all over.
So good to see you once again.
I thought that you were hiding.
And you thought that I had run away.
Chasing the tail of dogma.
I opened my eye and there we were .
looks interesting, will it be available in the uk, and will there be ones for electric guitars?
Quote by Survivalism
Your parents go ass-to-mouth and then kiss you.

The truth can be a horrific thing some times
thats pretty cool, id buy one......... is there a subliminal message in that vid?
Jackson RR3
ESP LTD MH-250NT (EMG 81-85)
Peavey Valveking 100 Head
Harley Benton Cabnet
Blackstar Distx Valve Distortion
Boss DD3
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss Noise-Gate
A Member Of The Jackson Players Group
Wow that's brilliant. Good job, my friend, and good luck. I voted GOTTA HAVE ONE!
Ibanez Custom RG 120
Epiphone Custom SG Special
Line-6 Spider III 150 Combo
Marshall MG

Quote by Paul Gilbert
"Who cares what your fingers are doing? As long as it sounds cool!"

My Website

Jon Blake Music
lol.

edit: a more effective message would have been "THIS GUITAR STAND IS WELL COOL LOLOLOLLZ"
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
does this count as advertising?

good idea, either way, especially how you can take the sticky thing off, i changed my vote to maybe after seeing that lol
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
ohhhhhh, it says unrendered, i thought it said something like "vote yes"
Jackson RR3
ESP LTD MH-250NT (EMG 81-85)
Peavey Valveking 100 Head
Harley Benton Cabnet
Blackstar Distx Valve Distortion
Boss DD3
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss Noise-Gate
A Member Of The Jackson Players Group
hd7373... did you even watch the video or read the FAQ? DOES NOT HURT THE FINISH ON YOUR GUITAR... GUARANTEED! I've had it on my Martin D-35 for years... on & off again, absolutely no marring.

Others..
I'm hoping to hook up with a manufacturer with worldwide distribution. Thanks for looking on... I hope you voted, that's what will convince a manufacturer to give this a shot!

Jeff
Quote by thatjeffguy
hd7373... did you even watch the video or read the FAQ? DOES NOT HURT THE FINISH ON YOUR GUITAR... GUARANTEED! I've had it on my Martin D-35 for years... on & off again, absolutely no marring.

Others..
I'm hoping to hook up with a manufacturer with worldwide distribution. Thanks for looking on... I hope you voted, that's what will convince a manufacturer to give this a shot!

Jeff
surely you must know loads of people who would vote "absoloutely gotta have one"?

you'd probably be more likely to be given a shot by a manufacturer if there are a huge amount of votes...
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
*reported*
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by hamish5178
*reported*
what is there to report?
Quote by mr.happyman
Quote by jeowy
what is there to report?

Joined the forum for the sole purpose of advertising his product.

Does noone read the rules anymore?
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall

Quote by hamish5178
Joined the forum for the sole purpose of advertising his product.

Does noone read the rules anymore?
he joined in september
Quote by mr.happyman
hamish
there is nothing offered for sale on my site. I am trying to recruit my fellow guitar players to help get a product to market the will benefit them as well as me. Since I am poor and cannot compete with the big corporate suits, I though a little "Guerilla Market Research" would be helpful.

If the moderators feel this is inappropriate, then by all means, I appologize and please delete this thread immediately. But don't be surprised to have less selection at your music store in the future than you might have otherwise.

Jeff
Quote by thatjeffguy
hamish
there is nothing offered for sale on my site. I am trying to recruit my fellow guitar players to help get a product to market the will benefit them as well as me. Since I am poor and cannot compete with the big corporate suits, I though a little "Guerilla Market Research" would be helpful.

If the moderators feel this is inappropriate, then by all means, I appologize and please delete this thread immediately. But don't be surprised to have less selection at your music store in the future than you might have otherwise.

Jeff
you dont need to justify yourself to him, he's a vegetarian and probably likes green day
Quote by mr.happyman
guitar stand: something intended to have a guitar easily reachable but most important NOT to have it lying on the ground. So yours is not a guitar stand
Dude, these little pricks who go around reporting everybody remind me of the kids in class who go to the teacher to tell on people every 5 minutes.
Quote by swinghead
guitar stand: something intended to have a guitar easily reachable but most important NOT to have it lying on the ground. So yours is not a guitar stand

Did.. you.. watch the video..?
Quote by jeowy
you dont need to justify yourself to him, he's a vegetarian and probably likes green day

Look, I did not come here to insult anyone, or to be insulted, yes he joined in Septemeber. . .

How many days ago was that?

2?

Beside that, your comments were totally unnecessary, what's wrong with being a vegetarian? And what's wrong with liking Green Day (Even if I'm not really a fan).

TS, I suppose you raise a point, but I am annoyed that you came to our site just to advertise, good luck with your product.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall

Quote by hamish5178
Look, I did not come here to insult anyone, or to be insulted, yes he joined in Septemeber. . .

How many days ago was that?

2?

Beside that, your comments were totally unnecessary, what's wrong with being a vegetarian? And what's wrong with liking Green Day (Even if I'm not really a fan).

TS, I suppose you raise a point, but I am annoyed that you came to our site just to advertise, good luck with your product.
i know my comments were unncessary, and also completely ignorant and obnoxious, but it got the job done, right?

...i dont like it when people report things that arnt doing any damage.
Quote by mr.happyman
It looks like it could be easy for the guitar to fall over in certain conditions. Maybe if you re-designed it a little but it seems like an alright idea. I just wouldn't buy it because I never did trust anything like this.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Surprise Surprise! This thread turned into a flaming argument about advertising. Like Jeff said, it's Guerilla Marketing. Clever and working. Hell he just got a lot more votes than he normally would have and his product is already more popular than before. Advertising is not a crime, and if it's against the rules, frankly who gives a ****?
Ibanez Custom RG 120
Epiphone Custom SG Special
Line-6 Spider III 150 Combo
Marshall MG

Quote by Paul Gilbert
"Who cares what your fingers are doing? As long as it sounds cool!"

My Website

Jon Blake Music
Quote by jeowy
i know my comments were unncessary, and also completely ignorant and obnoxious, but it got the job done, right?

...i dont like it when people report things that arnt doing any damage.

Your comments only made you sound like a close minded jerk, you accomplished nothing.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall

But if thats what he was trying to accomplish then he did accomplish something
I think its brilliant to be honest, doing any short runs of these? Id definitely be interested in buying one
Extant...

Actually, that stand lacks one important feature... hands free operation.

I actually bought one of those for comparison purposes.

You have to hold your guitar up by the neck with one hand and fuss with the latch mechanism with the other... not fun, convenient or easy.

I have a model for electrics (still in development) that is similar but has hands-free operation. All you do is set your guitar on the floor and it stands up.

Also that stand mounts under your strap nut. In my examination of the product, I found that after screwing my strap-nut screw in and out five or six times to attach/remove that stand, my threads wore out in the body of my guitar.

Thanks for pointing those out, though. But so far, no one else offers hands-free operation.

Jeff
Quote by jeowy

1, the guy didnt actually report the thread when he said he did

2, you are warned because you were an immature ass in this post.

This thread is fine/allowed. Carry on.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
UtBDan

Thanks for clearing that up.

The feedback I've received from this site have been very helfull (flames aside).

For a guy like me who has no money for "real" market research, this may be the only way to convince the manufacturers that this innovation could be commercially viable. (Or not)

Can't afford to "Advertise" my site since such advertisement will not result in $$ to pay for the ads.

Anyway, thanks to you and all who respond.

Jeff
Jeff,
I think you've got a really great product there. You've already pointed out the disadvantages of the Kickstand, but I think your product has a lot more going for it.
It seems to me that the Kickstand would need an absolutely flat surface to remain stable because of its flat plate and low mounting point, and also because of its rigidity, to be less stable if knocked.
Your device on the other hand has a much higher mounting point, and because of its spring loaded leg is less susceptible to uneven surfaces and more resistant to knocking.

If, as you've assured us, the adhesive is non-invasive, then I really can't see any disadvantages - I presume you would market the device with replacement sticky pads ?

I hope you find a manufacturer, and I look forward to news on your electric guitar stand.
reeced

Thanks for your comments.

Nice thing about the 3M Command Adhesive strips... they're available in almost all hardware stores. 3M sells a line of wall hooks which use these, and they consequently sell replacement strips for those.

These strips are very unique... its almost more like a million little suction cups than it is an adhesive. Sort of a surface-tension type thing going on, like those clear plastic protective covers over new cell phone screens. Extremely high sheer strength. In fact the 3" X 3/4" size that I use here is actually overkill in terms of strength. They sell smaller ones, but I needed the larger footprint for horizontal stablity of the mounting clip.

Jeff
tthe only way i d ever use that on my guitar is if i put it on the trem cover of my strat, and it still be uncomfortable, hercules ftw
Looks kind of cool, but I don't think I'd use one. Good luck to you, though.
Quote by UtBDan
2, you are warned because you were an immature ass in this post.
even though i pretty much apologised later on? fair enough.
Quote by mr.happyman
Hi all...

Some of you are emailing with questions which are covered on the FAQ page. The tab for the FAQ page is at the top of the main page. Please read the FAQs before emailing your questions.

Thanks,

Jeff
jeff, i like it. I think its great man, good look.

Also what is that song at the start? I love it! haha

good luck man

tobz
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
Thanks Toby

The song is called "Acoustic Sunrise". It was an Apple loop included with GarageBand on my Mac.

Jeff
Last edited by thatjeffguy at Oct 8, 2007,
Page 1 of 5