Well i've heart alot of things about elixir strings . I use them on one of my basses. They are good strings and never had toubles with them. But some friends of mine who also use them they say that the broke really often. Maybe i dont play as hard as they do?... hmm... mut i play metal!! why do theirs are breaking then?
I've heard that Elixir guitar strings are the week, but any bass strings are difficult to break. Awesome strings, by the way
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Breaking bass strings is a very rare occurance that in 99% of the cases has nothing to do with string quality. Most of the time it is due to failing to put on the strings properly, and the bulk of the remaining cases can be put down to faulty hardware like damaged bridges, nuts and tuners. Then there are some rare cases caused by people who practise particularly destructive playing styles and thats about it. Faulty strings hardly show up in the statistics, so if you put on strings that break twice as much as avarage you still wouldn't notice. I think your friends should look elsewhere for a cause of their problems and that you can confidently rely on the quality of Elixer strings.
ELixers are amazing they are worth the $40-$50 for sure i just really wish they were cheaper they certinly would sell more from evrybody.
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Are the week? Toubles with them? Mut you play metal? Jeez, do you have any extra chromisomes? What exactly is your question?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Are the week? Toubles with them? Mut you play metal? Jeez, do you have any extra chromisomes? What exactly is your question?

Chromosomes. =/

Sounds to me like your friends just have really bad technique or something. No matter what brand of string, it's really hard to break them.