Hi guys, further to my last thread I took up your (mainly Dave_Mc's) advice and had a look into Marshall heads. What I came up with is This one,
Will this have nice enough cleans and a decent overdrive? As I said before, I'm going for Metallica or Steve Vai type gain, but buying an overdrive pedal isn't out of the question.

Is does this head hold any water quality-wise, or is it some piece of junk that will break or sound rubbish? I don't want a Line 6 Spider or MGDFX type amp ever again.

Thanks
It's pretty much an expensive MG, I'm sure when Dave told you to look at marshall's he didn't mean that junk.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
To be honest, the AVT series isn't that great. It really isn't much of an upgrade. It isn't all tube, and just generally isn't worth the money. Factor in the money for a cabinet also and you could get an all-tube combo instead that would truly rock.
Gear

Ibanez S520EX
Gordon Smith electric guitar
Zoom GFX-707 Multi-effects
Crappy starter amp
it's crap, as hamish said i wouldn't have advised you to get an avt, i have the 100 watt combo and loathe it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?