Page 1 of 2
So today I was zapping, and I arrived to probably the worst TV program in the human history.
Someone has a "date" with two guys, while a friend listens to the date in a van and has a lies detection software.
I believe that the program is staged (it's supposed to be a reality TV program), but anyway, the competitors always look totally full of themselves and their ego just make anyone wanna puke.
Is that program supposed to represent the USA youth? Now I understand when people say that MTV is an evil corporation that tries to corrupt the USA youth.

So what do you say about that program? Is it staged? I mean, you can't see if someone lies only by their voice, and also the competitors make some presentation of themselves before the tv show starts. So they know that they are in a program :|
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

All MTV reality shows are staged, I'd say, especially the "dating" shows. The dialogue and banter is so stilted that everybody looks and acts like they're reading off a teleprompter.

And I'm not even going to go into the shallowness of the shows themselves. Judging who you want to date by the state of their room? DATE MY FUCKING MOM?!?! No thanks.
Quote by Kai-7
You are the greatest. Wow. CaptainWow

Bumblebee of the Mighty Autobots. PM Kankuro to join.
UG Irish Clan - Póg mo thóin
Metals Fetishist of the"Please Sir, I want GORE" Club - UG Horror Fans and Gorehounds Unite!
Quote by CaptainWow
All MTV reality shows are staged, I'd say, especially the "dating" shows. The dialogue and banter is so stilted that everybody looks and acts like they're reading off a teleprompter.

And I'm not even going to go into the shallowness of the shows themselves. Judging who you want to date by the state of their room? DATE MY FUCKING MOM?!?! No thanks.

Well...I wouldn't mind dating your mom, CaptainWow...

TS, all of the shows on MTV are like that. And they always have cutscenes in the middle where the "contestants" deliver some witty, innuendo-laden dialogue that's CLEARLY scripted and never funny.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Last edited by Gunpowder at Oct 2, 2007,
what show.... next? that **** is not only fake as hell its just plain retarded
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
We all know that the only way to find the love of your life is to be humiliated on MTV.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
I think what Justin Timberlake said about MTV was true it does need more music or infact any music.
A lot of the stuff they say sounds staged.

In any case it ****ing sucks.

"Wow, I like totally had no idea that that suspicious looking truck over there had anything to do with your wierd date with me and another girl"

MTV is ****. I read on Wikipedia that the American MTV even considered COMPLETELY removing music videos and playing their reality shows all day, leaving MTV2 for music.

What in the name of sexual intercourse is the world coming to?!
Quote by RHCP94
We all know that the only way to find the love of your life is to be humiliated on MTV.

dont forget about vh1... they contribute plenty of stupid tv like that.... flavor of love... rock of love... all crap
Quote by tarheelfan2

Quote by funkbass369

Quote by funkyfigure8
Please dont judge america based on that show. MY buddy was on "tail daters" and he said they tell you EVERYTHING to say.
Not Enough AssHatery
Quote by sashki
A lot of the stuff they say sounds staged.

In any case it ****ing sucks.

"Wow, I like totally had no idea that that suspicious looking truck over there had anything to do with your wierd date with me and another girl"

MTV is ****. I read on Wikipedia that the American MTV even considered COMPLETELY removing music videos and playing their reality shows all day, leaving MTV2 for music.

What in the name of sexual intercourse is the world coming to?!

I remember 7 years ago when I used to listen to Aerosmith and other 80's rock bands in MTV Where's the justice?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

never seen it but im sure most reality shows are scripted to a point. and people can tell if someone if lying based on their voice alone but it takes years of practice.
Quote by urik
So today I was zapping, and I arrived to probably the worst TV program in the human history.
Someone has a "date" with two guys, while a friend listens to the date in a van and has a lies detection software.
I believe that the program is staged (it's supposed to be a reality TV program), but anyway, the competitors always look totally full of themselves and their ego just make anyone wanna puke.
Is that program supposed to represent the USA youth? Now I understand when people say that MTV is an evil corporation that tries to corrupt the USA youth.

So what do you say about that program? Is it staged? I mean, you can't see if someone lies only by their voice, and also the competitors make some presentation of themselves before the tv show starts. So they know that they are in a program :|
actually it is possible to tell if someone's lying just by listening to their voice. there are slight quivvers in their speech that give them away, its all psychology
you cant spell manslaughter without laughter

Quote by ACG
I like my women how I like my cookies. Smothered in diarrhea.
Quote by urik
I remember 7 years ago when I used to listen to Aerosmith and other 80's rock bands in MTV Where's the justice?

7 years ago? they barely played music then too... mtv from like 81 to the early to mid 90's was when it was good
Quote by tarheelfan2

Quote by funkbass369

Quote by funkyfigure8
Quote by Draken
I think what Justin Timberlake said about MTV was true it does need more music or infact any music.

+1

and yes, all "reality" shows on mtv are staged.
right you are sir. MTV is terrible and the sad thing is, kids my age (high school) actually watch that ****. It actually represents our culture quite well in my opinion, considering people watch it enough so it keeps on showing more reality shows about rich kids in california instead of music, which is in the name Music Television
My stuff
Fender Telecaster Aerodyne Series
Gibson 1980 Les Paul Standard
Fender Standard Strat
Taylor 414-ce
Takamine Acoustic
1938 Gibson Lap Steel (priceless)
Fender Blues Junior
USA Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Fab Overdrive

My band
Quote by urik

NOOOO it doesn't, I hate the goddman TV shows that make us look like pompous assholes. The people on these shows are actors, bad ones at that, and they're the kind of people nobody really likes at your school.
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .
Quote by JOEYPWNSU
7 years ago? they barely played music then too... mtv from like 81 to the early to mid 90's was when it was good

Mmh I remember from when I was like 11 - 12 years old.
Maybe the Argentina MTV was different than the MTV of USA back then :/
There's a good channel which also broadcast good music over here called "Muchmusic". I only zapped through it sometimes, but from what I seen, they play quite a lot of good rock.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

mtv has gotten so bad in recent years... every year is more and more garbage shows
Quote by tarheelfan2

Quote by funkbass369

Quote by funkyfigure8
Quote by RHCPguitarist4
NOOOO it doesn't, I hate the goddman TV shows that make us look like pompous assholes. The people on these shows are actors, bad ones at that, and they're the kind of people nobody really likes at your school.

Of course. It was just a rhetorical question. That's why I wrote the next sentence next to it.

If they USA youth really was like that, I'd start to support Afghanistan
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
Mmh I remember from when I was like 11 - 12 years old.
Maybe the Argentina MTV was different than the MTV of USA back then :/
There's a good channel which also broadcast good music over here called "Muchmusic". I only zapped through it sometimes, but from what I seen, they play quite a lot of good rock.

i used to get muchmusic... that was true mtv... it became fuse i think because thats what that channel is now at least
Quote by tarheelfan2

Quote by funkbass369

Quote by funkyfigure8
I wish MTV would just play music.

Gee, I wonder what the M could possibly stand for?

Honestly, I would love MTV if it didn't suck.
They say that no other channel gives you 16 hours of music each day.
16 HOURS? THEY DON'T PLAY THAT MUCH MUSIC IN A ****ING WEEK!
And if they do, it's all at night, and it's the same videos over and over.

GoTV, an independant Austrian channel, is WAY better. They have a playlist almost three times the size, they have "hosted by" shows where famous people choose their favorite videos and they aren't corporate *****s which make american teens seem like idiots.
Hopefully other countries realize most American youths aren't like that.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
MTV doesnt represent americans, how many people ACTUALLY watch mtv here? and its mostly about preppy people and stuff like that, i hate mtv, and specially the dating shows, and if its reality tv, then why is it stagged? jesus...

~nathan
No, man - the worst shows on MTV are those shows where they have the stupid spoiled valley girls who use "like" five times a sentence.
SAVE THE JAZZ

"Remember, there are two kinds of people in the world:
People who finish things, and"
Quote by ledhead67
No, man - the worst shows on MTV are those shows where they have the stupid spoiled valley girls who use "like" five times a sentence.

that sweet 16 show is real though... i hate spoiled people like that soo much... so many people in my school are like that
Quote by tarheelfan2

Quote by funkbass369

Quote by funkyfigure8
Please dont judge america based on that show. MY buddy was on "tail daters" and he said they tell you EVERYTHING to say.

dude im going to judge america by that because your buddy went on it in the first place!
Fender Stratocaster,Yamaha ERG 121 and 5 other random low budget acoustics
lol
Quote by tarheelfan2

Quote by funkbass369

Quote by funkyfigure8
Quote by JOEYPWNSU
that sweet 16 show is real though... i hate spoiled people like that soo much... so many people in my school are like that

What it's about? Making some 16 birthday party and all that stuff?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by ledhead67

But leik don't you leik know it's leik cool to leik use "leik" in leik a setence leik at least leik five times?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by saad_nirvana
dude im going to judge america by that because your buddy went on it in the first place!

amazing.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by urik
What it's about? Making some 16 birthday party and all that stuff?

basically its about some stupid spoiled girls sweet 16... it shows them plan it and everything and buy **** for it...
their parents will drop like 200,000 for a party.. she will get like a brand new bmw or mercedez... they bitch though about stupid ****... like some girl complained that her dad bought her a used bmw, which was nice as hell, instead of a new one...
Quote by tarheelfan2

Quote by funkbass369

Quote by funkyfigure8
Quote by JOEYPWNSU
basically its about some stupid spoiled girls sweet 16... it shows them plan it and everything and buy **** for it...
their parents will drop like 200,000 for a party.. she will get like a brand new bmw or mercedez... they bitch though about stupid ****... like some girl complained that her dad bought her a used bmw, which was nice as hell, instead of a new one...

Spoiled biatch.
USA is the only place in the world that I seen in which kids get cars. And she bitches about getting a used BMW? Crap I'd kill for a used Peugeot.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
Spoiled biatch.
USA is the only place in the world that I seen in which kids get cars. And she bitches about getting a used BMW? Crap I'd kill for a used Peugeot.

I'm going to buy a car in a month or two, but I'm 19, so I don't feel bad having a car. I would kill for a used Peugeot too, though. I love Peugeot bicycles, and I can assume they make first-class cars as well.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by urik
Spoiled biatch.

not all of us are like that though lol
Quote by tarheelfan2

Quote by funkbass369

Quote by funkyfigure8
Page 1 of 2