Well I seriously need a new amp so half stacks are looking neccessary. I need something with uber distortion so my cousin suggested the tone blaster, so guys, is it good for distortion..cleans i don't care, just distortion and the price doesn't matter
Price doesn't matter so he suggests that you get a ****ty solid state half stack?

What's your real price range?

You don't *need* a halfstack, btw.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
okay fine i worded it wrong, i WANT a half stack and as for price the price of the toneblaster doesn't matter, I honestly don't have 2000 bucks to spend, even 100 at that matter
I'm confused.

First off, don't get the tone blaster. It sucks.

Secondly, how much money do you have to spend on an amp?
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by Shaned
okay fine i worded it wrong, i WANT a half stack and as for price the price of the toneblaster doesn't matter, I honestly don't have 2000 bucks to spend, even 100 at that matter

you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.
Quote by TehJermie

Quote by utsapp89
Quote by TehJermie

thats almost worth sigging!

TS, what do you want in the amp? what styles do you play? and how much do you wana lay down on it?

infact... sod it. i'm sigging that!
Quote by TehJermie

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

I'd get the Peavey Windsor. Although you don't need a stack, it only comes in a stack, so you win.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
/\

yes but there is a windsor studio combo coming out!
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Quote by Robino_Ibanez
/\

yes but there is a windsor studio combo coming out!

Only if he's playing at home though, should he get it!
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by Shaned

If you're on a budget then you DON't want a stack because stacks aren't as cost effective as combos. The aforementioned Windsor is good if it has the tone you;re looking for, likewise the Valveking is okay if you're on a budget. However all those crappy solid state half stacks you've seen are just that - crap.

If you want a PROPER gigging amp then get yourself a decenct tube combo becasue...

1 - you don't need 100 watts
2 - you barely need 50 watts if you go tube
3 - you don't need a half stack. By all means if you've got a couple of grand spare, or if the amp you want only comes in a head, but combos are much better value
4 - there's no point looking cool and sounding like crap. People won't think "OMG look at his uberstack"...they'll think "What a f*cking noob wasting his money on that piece of crap"
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by kornliaslumpica
what does everyone have against stacks?

Did you not just read steven seagull's post?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I have nothing against stacks, I have a lot against people obsessing over stacks when they have limited funds, aren't gigging huge venues and they're an unrealistic option. If you've got oodles of cash and want an ENGL Powerball, or a Framus Cobra then go for it, you won't hear a peep out of me.

If you have limited funds and need a credible gigging amp then I'll pull you up on picking a crappy solid state half stack every time. Nothing wrong with stacks, just crap ones...and generally if they cost under $1500 they'll be crap. However there's craploads of great combos you can get for that kind of money, even $500 will get you an awesome used combo if you hunt around.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

I love stacks. I just can't see why anyone would need one other than big-name stadium rockers (even then a lot of stars just mic smaller amps.)
I grew up in the age of stacks. When I was gigging if you didn't have a stack you weren't ****. The bands in bars were so loud you couldn't even scream over them 100 feet away. Most people go to bars to meet people. How are you going to have a conversation with 40,000 watts cranked to 10 toasting your eyeballs?
I've had my share of stacks, but even before I stopped gigging I started using tube combos. They were plenty loud and sounded great at bar gigs, wedding receptions parties, etc. Played medium venues and never had a problem, hell we were mic'ing the darn things anyway. So it's just overkill, unless you need a stack for stage presence. Even then if you walk behind the stage you will see that most player's wall of amplifiers are empty cabs. So if you've got roadies, a bus and play Shea Stadium (whoops Beatles did that with Vox combos) get some stacks.
Quote by muffinman123192
Lol, it's "nay" not "neigh"

But if you value your ears don't get the toneblaster.

Try telling that to a horse...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

i dont get the tardation where one assumes a stack is automatically going to be 150+ watts. they make low wattage heads ya know.
well then what good amps are there for the 200-750 pric range? combo or stack, has to be good distortion for like death metal or thrash
Quote by steven seagull
I have nothing against stacks, I have a lot against people obsessing over stacks when they have limited funds, aren't gigging huge venues and they're an unrealistic option. If you've got oodles of cash and want an ENGL Powerball, or a Framus Cobra then go for it, you won't hear a peep out of me.

If you have limited funds and need a credible gigging amp then I'll pull you up on picking a crappy solid state half stack every time. Nothing wrong with stacks, just crap ones...and generally if they cost under $1500 they'll be crap. However there's craploads of great combos you can get for that kind of money, even $500 will get you an awesome used combo if you hunt around.

would you consider a head and a 2X12 better than a head and 4X12 if you did the seperate things because you want specific speakers?
Nothing wrong with that, or even a head and 4x12 if it's for the right reasons - however "it looks cool" and "i ned something cheap" are not really the right criteria for choosing an amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc